(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

Hibiscus...have you tried sea bands? They work wonders for MS :hugs:

Hey everyone! I'm on vacation in Florida! I'm loving the sun and the ocean! Thats where I have been! I'll be back home on the 14th. everything seems to be ok with the bump! except that witht he added humidity I feel like a tomatoe with the bloating!!! Which SUCKS! will try and update soon but computer access is slim pickings here!

YAY 12 weeks today!!

Hibiscus - I didnt try the whole ginger thing myself.. but make sure your stomach doesnt get empty, thats what makes u feel quesy.. have a few nuts/ small yoghurt(will help with the constipation too) in btwn meals.
My MS is coming and going - since beginning of last week, some days i have it some days i dont.. so i think it will come to an end soon.. YAY!!

Hibiscus...have you tried sea bands? They work wonders for MS :hugs:

Ooh, no, I haven't tried them. Thanks for the advice! I'll see if they have them at the drug store. :thumbup:

Anyone have any suggestions for making it lessen a bit??
I have ginger tea at home--I should have brought it to work. Oh well...

Try Ginger Ale, ginger snaps, or peppermint tea. I have some nausea now and then and those have worked for me. Chemo patients stock up on the ginger snaps.

YAY 12 weeks today!!

Hibiscus - I didnt try the whole ginger thing myself.. but make sure your stomach doesnt get empty, thats what makes u feel quesy.. have a few nuts/ small yoghurt(will help with the constipation too) in btwn meals.
My MS is coming and going - since beginning of last week, some days i have it some days i dont.. so i think it will come to an end soon.. YAY!!

Woohoo! Congrats on reaching 12 weeks :)

Thanks for the input. I've been eating plain yogurt for breakfast, which is my normal routine, but it has been tasting pretty disgusting. I might get some fruity-sweet stuff. Maybe that will help.

Fingers crossed that your MS ends soon!

Anyone have any suggestions for making it lessen a bit??
I have ginger tea at home--I should have brought it to work. Oh well...

Try Ginger Ale, ginger snaps, or peppermint tea. I have some nausea now and then and those have worked for me. Chemo patients stock up on the ginger snaps.

Mmmm ginger snaps. I'll have to get some...and then I'll probably eat so many that I make myself even sicker haha

Got my doppler today! Will play around with it later and see what happens!

Hi ClaireNicole - glad to hear that you're having an awesome time in Florida! When are you back?

Michele - how are you finding the dopplar? Did you manage to hear your babe's heartbeat?

Hibiscus - how are you feeling? I'm so sorry you're feeling so ill - how are you coping with work (if you have to work?)

Hi ClaireNicole - glad to hear that you're having an awesome time in Florida! When are you back?

Michele - how are you finding the dopplar? Did you manage to hear your babe's heartbeat?

Hibiscus - how are you feeling? I'm so sorry you're feeling so ill - how are you coping with work (if you have to work?)

Congrats on reaching 5 weeks! Woohoo!

I'm feeling the same, which is pretty much 24 hour nausea. Not so much fun. On one hand, it's reassuring, but at this stage I'd rather not have it. It has made my productivity level at work a bit less than normal, but I've noticed if I can distract myself from thinking about feeling yucky, I can get through work much better.

How are you feeling now? Any nausea? I think it hit me at about 5w3d, just in waves, but got more constant at 6w0d.

Hey Hibiscus - I have been getting waves for about 15 mins every morning, but I'm generally ok by the time I get out of the shower. I guess I had a wave or two of nausea during the day today, but they're very mild and not enough to cause any real discomfort. We'll see what I'm like in 3 days time! I hope all the ginger and sickness bands the girls were suggesting are effective for you. That's good that you're able to distract yourself at work, I've heard of some girls who are so sick, they are totally unable to work, which of course makes it difficult if you're trying to keep it from them!

Out of curiosity, for those of you who are working, when are you going to tell your boss? I was thinking of not telling mine until I'm showing, as I think it's going to have a negative impact on my career...they're not so keen on me having a baby, and have said this to me in the past... I know it's not their business, and there's nothing they can do about it, but I'm hoping I won't have to tell them for a while...

Hey Hibiscus - I have been getting waves for about 15 mins every morning, but I'm generally ok by the time I get out of the shower. I guess I had a wave or two of nausea during the day today, but they're very mild and not enough to cause any real discomfort. We'll see what I'm like in 3 days time! I hope all the ginger and sickness bands the girls were suggesting are effective for you. That's good that you're able to distract yourself at work, I've heard of some girls who are so sick, they are totally unable to work, which of course makes it difficult if you're trying to keep it from them!

Out of curiosity, for those of you who are working, when are you going to tell your boss? I was thinking of not telling mine until I'm showing, as I think it's going to have a negative impact on my career...they're not so keen on me having a baby, and have said this to me in the past... I know it's not their business, and there's nothing they can do about it, but I'm hoping I won't have to tell them for a while...

I can't believe they would openly say to you that they wouldn't be happy about you having a baby! I guess that means there aren't any discrimination laws there!

Happy 5 weeks Joli!!!! :) As for work, I was lucky before in that the organisation I worked for were family orientated. However, when I was pregnant with Finlay (my first), it jeopardised my chances of getting a much needed promotion (I was already doing the job but actng into the role so not getting paid for it). I was very disgruntled and lost faith in my career at this point. I'm currently on career break for 5 years to raise my brood but have no intention of going back there. I want to re-train when my kids are school age to become a midwife!!!!!! I was an admin manager before. What I am trying to say in a higgledipiggledy way is my view of life changed after having my baby..... My career no longer seemed so important..... All I cared about was my family. I hope you won't be mistreated in any way by your employers for being pregnant Joli..... It's discrimination in essence and against the law! Keep focussed on your little beanie x :)

Eeeks Joli!!! My company is being yucky about it too! But I hope its not going to ruin anything! Luckily I don't care about my job at all and don't plan to return after the baby!! I'm sorry your feeling persecuted!! You shouldn't have to at all!

Waiting to see how the doppler goes michele!!!!

So far I have almost gotten a tattoo... untill someone reminded me it was bad for the baby, and I was going to jump in the ocean today and my grandmas friend who is a nurse told me not to because its so cold and it could cause my uterus to contract... so my beaner is grounded lol. For taking my vacation fun down a notch :) But they are sacrafices I make happily!

How is everyone else doing???

HI girls! just a quick one..

went to the nt scan friday.. was great.. measurement was 1mm - they did a blood test (results after a week or so) baby had hiccups and was playing around & it was FUN!!!!

wil write more soon

Devi I want to give you warning about that blood test! A lot of girls have gotten a bad result, my sister included twice! Turns out nothing was wrong with either baby. My Dr says they don't even bother with that test, they can get better results with the ultrasound. That test has a very high fail rate.

Hi Ladies

Thanks for sharing your work experiences. I'm a lawyer, and have been climbing up the career ladder pretty quickly for my age, and I know they have big plans for me, but it was really hard after I got married, my boss must have said to me (including in front of clients) at least 5 times in the last year that he hopes I'm not going to get pregnant soon, and that I should focus on getting higher into my career before I had kids. I have never known what to say, so I just nod and agree. He is from Australia, and is other then that, a really lovely, easy-going guy. I think he's worried that I'll have a baby then I'll leave work. There are discrimination laws here, but I guess he's a typical Aussie and just seems to speak his mind. We get 3 months off work fully paid, and that's it, so I think it's going to be pretty tough. I would loooovvvee to put work on hold for at least a year, but I earn more than DH, and Hong Kong is now the most expensive place in the world to live, so I have to keep working. <sigh> ! I guess the only good thing is that I only live a 10min commute from work, so I'll be able to spend every lunchtime at home once I start back at work. Here I am rambling! Sorry! Anyways, bottom line is that I'm not going to say a word until they start going on about how fat I'm becoming (I'm sure they will guess, cause I'm usually pretty sporty!).

Tink, how exciting that you want to train to be a midwife! What a rewarding career :)

Michele, I hope you get to hear your babe's little heartbeat soon! Let us know how it goes!!

ClaireNicole - def DO NOT get a tattoo whilst pregnant! DH and I got small Tahitian tattoos whilst on our honeymoon in Tahiti, but that was a year ago now. It takes up a lot of zinc and iron in your body to heal, and that should all be going to your beanie.

Devi - apologies for my ignorance, but what is the 1mm measurement for your NT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->