(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

Trisomy 18

:( I had to look it up. That is serious. Absolutely nothing you could have done to prevent or cure that hun. I am hoping it has given you some peace knowing what happened. :hugs:

2016 - It gave me a little bit of peace but not much, I did decide to get a awareness ribbon in memory of Sophie to be tattooed on my arm though.

How sad, :( but glad you have answers. Sorry for my ignorance and sorry if you have said but have you birthed her yet? xxx

Gossipygirl - yes I have birthed her already, I am hoping by getting a memorial tattoo it will give me some peace

The tattoo sounds like a lovely idea. I see from your ticker you've now given her a name, Sophie. So pretty. :flower:

2016- That was the name we had picked out from the week we found out, only name we could agree on or that he would discuss before we got to 7 months. We never got to that point, thankfully it was a girl so we didn't have to fight over a boy's name.

sweetmama: beautiful name you picked out! I hope you dh starts talking more about it to you,. I have never had a late loss but I know my husband was distant and didn't really talk much about our losses. I'm sorry you're going through this, let yourself be sad for as long as you feel sad, I imagine it would take a long time to get over. Do you have supportive people around to help you? Also I feel terrible talking about my pregnancy and don't mind not mentioning it for awhile if you'd rather...I didn't know what to do. (I am this time but let me know for next time :hugs:

joli: We have only told a few people. I'm going to tell everyone soon, after I tell my SIL. I am so nervous to tell her because we talk everyday and I feel like she'll be mad that I didn't mention it before now. Although I think people might start asking me soon, I'm really bloated, I think I'm around the same size as I was at 20 weeks with Daniel. :blush: Have you told everyone yet? How are you doing? I can't remember if you've had an ultrasound yet.

2016: I'm going to find out the gender as soon as I can, probably around 18 weeks. I feel like it's a boy though. We're running out of boy names we like but can agree on a couple. I want James but Sean doesn't like it. Where are you in your cycle? Has the pink eye cleared up? That must be awful!

gg: I saw that you posted in your journal so I'll go see now!

Hope everyone else is doing good!

Nicole- I really don't mind hearing about other people's pregnancies, I don't want to feel like I am infringing on your excitement and happiness just because I am sad. So please don't feel like you have to stop talking about it because of me.

Nicole...not long to wait then before you find out. I love the finding out part. I would guess boy for you, mainly because you have two and that then seems to be the trend. I am, however, ALWAYS wrong! :haha: I think both James and Sean are lovely names. We have a girl's name done and dusted, whenever we talk about a second child we refer to her by name which is daft I know. Not that we feel we want a girl over a boy, it's just that we at a loss with boys names - not that we even need names! :dohh:
Where am I in my cycle? Well I am expecting to become the proud owner of a +ve OPK today (fingers crossed). Ov tomorrow, testing next Sunday. What's brilliant is I will get to have acupuncture at 1dpo and 8dpo which gives things a double whammy boost in the right direction during the TWW. :happydance: Oh and I am pretty sure the chinese meds have resurrected my sex drive. Sorry for TMI but it's like we are newlyweds!
My eyes are almost sorted and my cold is almost gone. The first time I have felt well in a whole month! :yipee:

Sweetmama - I read about your baby's condition, I'm so sorry once again. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult this must be on you. Stay strong hon.

2016 - I'm loving your PMA - I went to accu the day after my IUI and I guess it must have helped! Ask them about the moxa sticks, that's what I used on a pressure point to warm my uterus. Did you get a +opk today? You're lucky that you have a sex drive, ever since I had Harrison, I just haven't felt up for it...well, certainly not like newly weds!

Nicole - congrats on moving up a ticker! woohoo! How are you feeling now? I'm sooo bloated too, seriously, even DH is like "ummm... you look like you've put on a lot of weight". My hips and legs feel so swollen and my tummy is also poking out. I know they say you show faster after your first, but I don't know why I feel this bloated and I'm not sure what I can do about it! I guess it doesn't help that I sit at a desk all day. I am only just over 6 weeks, but I already look like I did with Harrison at 14 weeks.

We had our first scan yesterday and heard the heartbeat - piccy attached! The doc said everything looks fine, she has me taking progesterone suppositories until 12 weeks. I go for my next scan at 8 weeks. It's bizzare how many check ups you get here, once every 2 weeks in your first tri, then every 4 weeks in your second tri, then back to every 2 weeks in your third tri. I don't want to tell my work until i've been there for 3 months, as I have a probationary period, but goodness knows how I will hide it the way my body is going!

We're flying to Taiwan this weekend for Chinese New Year - I love that we get 5 days off (including the weekend) not long after Christmas!

Attachments

• IMG_1194.jpg
    IMG_1194.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1
Joli...yep +ve OPK for me today! :wohoo: Game on!!! :sex:
So pleased your scan went well and you got to hear the HB. :cloud9: I bet you don't look that bloated or at least I bet my fat bulge is 10 times the size of your tum. :blush:
I will definitely ask about the moxi sticks on Saturday. I'm so excited to go again! Was talking to one of my friends IRL last night who has been TTC 4+ years with PCOS and has done 1 IUI and 2 IVF so far and is about to start IVF #3 to see if she might give it a try. She is going to see how I get on this month and maybe go ready for her IVF in February. Hope it works for both of us!

Thanks Joli - Things here seem to be getting worse and worse but I'm going to try and find the positive in it all. My DS has a hole in his kidney, my DP left me last night when I was going through my son being admitted to the hospital for testing but I'm going to say whatever to it all, if he is like that in a time like this then maybe it's for the best we aren't together after all.

:hugs: SM...when it rain it bloody pours doesn't it? Hang in there hun there are better times ahead. Maybe DP just needs some time away to cope with all this in his own way? Not exactly helpful for you when you and DS need him. Hope things get sorted with DS soon too. xx

Urgh it's really hard now Joli, last few weeks are killing me, sat up at 3am a Libby has ha a bad night, I have heartburn and now this baby has woke, ant get comfy and I have a headache, I know tomorrow is going to be a bad day :( libby will be up at 6! really wish I had a nanny lol I just want this baby out now as I'm so exhausted :( and I am not one to moan really especially when I know how lucky I am x

GG...Libby was born at 38 weeks wasn't she? Maybe this one might be the same or a bit sooner. :flower:

GG...hope not. Have you started on EPO or anything yet? I'm sure that's one of the reasons Stewart arrived early (which is why I will only start at 37 weeks next time due to cervix issues). EPO should be safe from 35 weeks for most though.

Afm...its ov day! EDD 12/10/12 (getting ahead of myself :haha:) We have been at it like rabbits (more tmi :haha:) and have dtd all 5 days up to and including ov day. And don't tell me every other day is better cos we've tried that with no success. DHs sperm count is excellent anyway so it's only me buggering this up! :dohh: We were dtd more out of fun than making babies anyway. Think DH, who was at first sceptical, wants to go kiss the acupuncturist! :rofl:
Feel so impatient - can I test yet??? Went out in the week and bought a digi to add to my 3 FRERs and 30 ICs. I have a problem! :)

Nah havnt done anything just overdoing it on the cleaning front to make myself go into labour haha!

Really hope you catch that eggy, fingers crossed for you xxxx

You would think by now I wouldn't still get a thrill every time my temp goes up after ov! :rofl: Acupuncture was great today. Feel so energised I could just bounce around. Oh Joli, I asked him about moxi sticks and he said I don't need it in my particular case.

Oh and would you believe I am still so darn horny??? What is going on? Normally there is no chance of me wanting to do anything much after ov. Problem is my foof is getting worn out (WAY TMI I know! :blush:)

Rofl! I love the word foof. Fingers crossed 2016, really hope you catch it this month x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->