(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

Awww, Nicole, congratulations!!! How wonderful to have a baby girl, I'm sooo happy for you! We'd love to have a little girl, but I suspect we're going to have another boy. I don't think you'll need to wait for the gender scan, if the doc checked 3 times, it's a sure thing! I just found out yesterday that I got into the hospital of my choice...I have to pay a deposit of US$2570, and it's non-refundable unless for medical reasons (and they still keep a bit of it even then!). Isn't that insane? It's really expensive to have a baby here, our hospital bill with Harrison was US$13,000. We have no medical insurance this time round, as we got pregnant when I was in between jobs, so we really have to start saving up.

2016 - I see you're on CD2 ...sorry about that hon. Are you still doing accu? So when you had your check up, everything was considered normal?

GG - I know you must have your hands full right now with Oakley, but I hope you're doing well! I can't wait to ask you all the questions - how did the birth go, and how is Libby coping with having a baby brother, and most importantly, how are you coping???

Devi - how are you feeling with your pregnancy? have you had any checkups?

SM - its nice to have you posting again. I'm sorry you're having such a tough time....have you been able to get any counselling?

I'm having my 12 week check up on Wednesday - I'll also have the bloodtest for down syndrome and other chromosone defects, I don't know why but I'm pretty nervous about it all. I totally have a pot belly now, looking like I've eaten waaaaay to many pies!!

Joli I havnt got time to type much right now but if you check my journal answers to your question are in there, link at bottom of sig xxx

Hope your all well xx

Joli....glad to hear you got in at the hospital you wanted. Eeek that is so expensive!

Yeah AF arrived a bit earlier than normal for me giving me a pathetic 9 day LP. I'm thinking so much for accu! :growlmad: Also had the worst week of PMS in my life. Think that was all because I didn't use progesterone cream. Won't be using it this cycle either as I am having fertility bloodwork done. Went to see a different doctor today and she was much more helpful. Have to go through all the hoops though and the process is going to take months and may result in us having to consider IVF with egg sharing if we want to go that far. More details in my journal if you want them...

Just writing off the next few cycles and going to try focus on losing weight and getting healthy and lots of the house renovations done so we are ready.

2016 - what is egg sharing? I read your journal, glad the doc appointment went well, but how frustrating to have to wait for so long!!

GG - read your journal too, I'm amazed at how well Libby is adjusting! Was she close to DH before Oakley was born or has their relationship changed since? Was she aware that she had a brother coming? I love your pics of them together on FB, she looks like she really loves him. I am not sure how to prepare Harrison, he is not close to my DH and is all about mummy (or as says it "moa ney" - sounds appropriately like "money!").

12 week check up in 1 hour's time...

With egg sharing you basically go through an IVF cycle but give half of your eggs away to someone who needs them eg. because they have had early menopause/ovarian cancer etc. Normally you would make about 8 eggs in a cycle, so 4 are given away but, if by some chance you only make 4, then you can keep all 4. You never meet the person you've donated to but the donation is registered so technically any offspring could look me up in the future! :haha: When you do this the cycle costs about £500 instead of £5000. Many people don't agree with this, but paying fully isn't an option for us and I personally think it is nice to give a couple a chance to have a baby that might have met even more difficult circumstances than mine!

2016: I think egg sharing is great! You'd make that family so happy!

Joli: How did your check up go? I can't believe how expensive your hospital bill will be! That's crazy! I'm glad you got the one you wanted though. When will you get the results of the tests? I'd be nervous about it too, I was so scared for the anatomy scan in case something was wrong but everything was fine. Just worried for nothing again!

hope everyone else is doing well!

I had my anatomy scan on Tuesday and she's healthy which was great to hear. I'm glad I paid for the gender scan now though because on Tuesday the radiologist said she thinks it's a girl but isn't 100% sure because she couldn't get a great view. So since both said girl I've been buying some pink stuff.

Hi ladies I just want to come update you and show you the tattoo I got today. I love it so much and now that I have it I have so much more peace with the situation, I'll always be able to carry her with me.

Joli- I have talked to a counsellor yes and I'm on anti-depressants.

Anyways this is the image of my tat in honor of her. Her name is purple, the ribbon is for Trisomy 18 awareness and the date is pink. I thought it was the perfect combination of colors. The artist did a wonderful job.
https://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p100/eagleeyes22/GEDC0312.jpg

How are all you ladies doing?

Nicole is HALFWAY tomorrow. Wow!

Joli is in 2nd tri.

And Devi's embryo has now graduated to a fetus!

How time flies.

AFM...I am going for a HyCoSy tomorrow to check my tubes and hopefully blast any minor blockages out. Am now being looked after by an amazing FS who is the first to believe I can actually know when I ovulate and that my LP is too short. He has prescribed me progesterone too which makes me feel so good after several doctors in the past treating me like a crazy woman for asking for it. Anyway, fingers crossed it all helps. As always, the long story is in my journal.

Hey Ladies

Sorry I've been MIA, work has been a bit insane and it's been hard to juggle between that and spending time with Harrison.

2016 - egg sharing sounds amazing! I've never heard about it here, but what a wonderful idea to give other women another chance to have a baby. And the lower cost for you is a great bonus too. So you think you're going to do it when the time comes and if you still haven't had a bfp? How wonderful that you've finally found a doc who will listen to you.

Nicole - I'm glad that your anatomy scan went well, how exciting to be able to start buying some cute little pink dresses!! There's so much gorgeous clothing out there for girls. My 12 week scan went well, there's a one in 5400 chance of down syndrome and one in 17500 chance of a chromosonal abnormality, so great results! I can't believe you're more than half way through, that's just amazing.

SM - that tattoo is very tasteful and will be a good rememberance for you - I like that you've done it to help raise awareness as well about Sophie's condition.

Tonya - welcome! Awesome boy's name too!

Thank you Joli on both the welcome and the name like :D
My fiance and I named him after both of us.. (my fiance's name is Mackenzie) so we took the "Ac" from his name "et" (and in french) "on" from my name :)

Tonya, that's so original! Awesome :) so what made you decide to join our thread? Tell us more about yourself! Is this your first?

Thank you ! :D
I decided to join this thread because I was told about a pregnancy thread years ago when one of my ex's sister in law became pregnant and told me that she had been on ones similar to this (I'm not sure if it's the same one or not but I like this one haha)
She told me how much easier being able to communicate with others about her pregnancy was for her and she learned a lot that she didn't even know while being pregnant.
So I figured I could def use support from others, and knowledge as well.
Just to see if other women are reaching milestones around the same time that I am and if things happening to me are normal throughout pregnancy.
:D
I'm not really sure what to say about myself lol....
This is my first baby though :) and I'm Vair excited ! :D :D

Hello TonyaE and welcome! :wave: Glad you have joined us. I agree this forum has been a complete sanity saver at times.
Many of us on this thread were bump buddies first time round and liked it so much we are doing it again. Unfortunately I am lagging behind a bit due to some fertility issues.

Joli...thanks for always asking after me. To answer your question, yes we would definitely go for egg sharing if that time came. Firstly because we can't afford to pay for an IVF cycle which would cost around £5000, and secondly because I think it's a nice thing to do.
My HyCoSy on Monday went fine. My right tube (where I had the ectopics) was a bit blocked but they pushed loads and loads of dye through it and it eventually cleared. The left tube they said is completely clear. They were just as surprised as I was! They did say, however, that this does not always mean the little hairs the push the embryo along are functioning properly...but I guess only time will tell. I think it would be a bit impatient (even for me!) to rush into IVF without giving my freshly blasted tubes plus the ongoing progesterone prescription 3-6 months first.
They told me to expect a little spotting straight after the procedure but for some reason I bled fairly heavily for 3 days. All sorts of bits of tissue etc. but not completely like AF...kind of purple mroe like ectopic bleeding so I wonder if it was debris from my blocked tube or something. :shrug:
Anyway, the bleeding has stopped now and my OPKs are getting darker. Will probably ov this Tuesday coming and test the Thursday after. Nothing like wishing my life away. :haha:
Glad to hear your tests came back good. Wouldn't be surprised if you start to feel movement soon - do they say it is more noticeable 2nd time round?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->