(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

What a cute beanie Joli. Nice of your FS to give you silly stats. Your bubba is going to be fine. :hugs:

Thanks Claire and 2016! I really hope everything will turn out ok :flower:

Claire, sorry your MS is so bad! You poor thing! Mine is hardly there, it seems to come every 2 days, and it's mild and is just there, more annoying than anything else! I hope there's something that you can do or take to make you feel better!

lol Joli! Its the husband I feel bad for! How would you feel if ever tim eyour hunny got close to you he had to go barf LMAO

awww, maybe it's his shampoo or aftershave or something?

Claire, try 50 mgs of B6 hun, works wonders. I've banned DH from the cologne I normally love, so I understand.

Joli, cute bub hun! You'll love yoga!

Morning, all!
ClaireNicole--congrats on reaching 8 weeks! Same as me! Quite the milestone. phew.
Joli--you're so lucky that your MS is still only mild and occasional, Maybe you won't have a problem with it! Fingers crossed for you :)
GossipGirly--I wouldn't worry about the test! I'm sure the level varies with each time you pee.

As for me, my OB NP just called and said that the ultrasound results just came across her desk. She said everything looks "gorgeous" (yay!) except that I have a tiny, 1 cm peri-gestational bleed, which is basically just a bruise where the placenta attaches. She just didn't want me to freak out if I have any bleeding. That's good to know, just in case. No bleeding yet and it's possible I won't have any. She said it should resolve on its own. I told her about the brown-tinged CM at 4-5.5 weeks and she said it could easily have been from that. One more thing to worry about, I guess, although I'll try not to! I'm going to go look this up online, which might be a terrible idea.

Has anyone else ever had one of these tiny bleeds??

Thanks Michele :)

Hibiscus - Happy 8 weeks!!!! :flower: sometimes I do wish the MS would get worse so that i would know my hcg was on the rise, but I guess I'm having scans frequently enough to keep me updated! I'm supposed to go back for another scan around 8/9 weeks. I'm sorry, I've never heard about the type of bruising you're referring to, but that's amazing that they can pick that up from the ultrasound! Have you and DH decided whether you're going to ask what gender your beanie is?

For those of you with kitty cats, our vet told us that I should get tested for toxoplasmosis, which FS will do during my 8/9 week scan - have any of you ever tested for this, and if so, did any of you test positive with you having build up an immunity resistance to it? I am quite nervous that I could have it...I've not been ill, but I think you can have toxoplasmosis without even knowing it. FS said that it usually will cause an MC, and if not, then it will cause birth defects. He said it was unusual in HK for mothers to test positive for this, since the cats are usually house-cats, and don't roam around, so I think I should be ok, but it's still a bit nerve-wrecking!

Thanks Michele :)

Hibiscus - Happy 8 weeks!!!! :flower: sometimes I do wish the MS would get worse so that i would know my hcg was on the rise, but I guess I'm having scans frequently enough to keep me updated! I'm supposed to go back for another scan around 8/9 weeks. I'm sorry, I've never heard about the type of bruising you're referring to, but that's amazing that they can pick that up from the ultrasound! Have you and DH decided whether you're going to ask what gender your beanie is?

For those of you with kitty cats, our vet told us that I should get tested for toxoplasmosis, which FS will do during my 8/9 week scan - have any of you ever tested for this, and if so, did any of you test positive with you having build up an immunity resistance to it? I am quite nervous that I could have it...I've not been ill, but I think you can have toxoplasmosis without even knowing it. FS said that it usually will cause an MC, and if not, then it will cause birth defects. He said it was unusual in HK for mothers to test positive for this, since the cats are usually house-cats, and don't roam around, so I think I should be ok, but it's still a bit nerve-wrecking!

We haven't decided whether we're going to find out the gender, but I have a feeling we will. It will be really hard to resist!
I just did some research on the bleeding issue and I shouldn't have done that! Sounds like most of the time, it is OK, but it can cause the blood supply to the placenta to get cut off! I wish I hadn't read that. I'll just keep taking my baby aspirin and try not to worry about it.

Re: the kitties, I've never gotten tested for toxoplasmosis because I had already had my cats a long time by the time I ever got pregnant. I think you do build an immunity and only new infections are of concern.
I really don't think you need to worry about it with indoor cats. I think it's not that common.
Do you know what they will do if you test positive? Can you treat it?

I don't think toxoplasmosis is treatable...I think if I test positive, then they'll tell me to expect a MC. We've had our first cat for 2 years, but we've only had our kitten for 1 month. DH is doing all the litter cleaning, but I know the cats are all over our pillows and stuff when we're not home. Our kitties wouldn't have caught it since they were with us, the only time they could have was when they were in the pet store...but I think toxoplasmosis is from mice/rats, and I can't imagine they would be chasing those in the pet store!? Oh well...couple more weeks and I'll find out. Fx'd everything is ok!

I know it's hard not to google stuff - I'm a total google whore, but be selective on what you read - I think if the info says that most of the time you'll be ok, then I think you'll just have to trust that they will be. I've heard taking baby asprin is good for the blood flow...did your doc ask you to take it? I forgot, I was goin to ask FS today whether I should take it or not. I was taken off the protesterone last week, so I've gone 5 days without it now, and I guess things are ok...what about you?

I don't think toxoplasmosis is treatable...I think if I test positive, then they'll tell me to expect a MC. We've had our first cat for 2 years, but we've only had our kitten for 1 month. DH is doing all the litter cleaning, but I know the cats are all over our pillows and stuff when we're not home. Our kitties wouldn't have caught it since they were with us, the only time they could have was when they were in the pet store...but I think toxoplasmosis is from mice/rats, and I can't imagine they would be chasing those in the pet store!? Oh well...couple more weeks and I'll find out. Fx'd everything is ok!

I know it's hard not to google stuff - I'm a total google whore, but be selective on what you read - I think if the info says that most of the time you'll be ok, then I think you'll just have to trust that they will be. I've heard taking baby asprin is good for the blood flow...did your doc ask you to take it? I forgot, I was goin to ask FS today whether I should take it or not. I was taken off the protesterone last week, so I've gone 5 days without it now, and I guess things are ok...what about you?

Well, I just asked the NP about the baby aspirin and she said it's fine. I wasn't sure if I should stop taking it. She didn't give me any advice either way, unfortunately. Based on what I just read, it might be better to keep taking it so it can help resolve the clot. I hope it works.
Oh, good luck about the progesterone. It will probably be totally OK! You don't have any reason to think you have a deficiency, do you?

Oh my! You girls give me tons to worry about! fx'ed for all of you!!! I'm a google whore too!! and so is DH! I don't have any pets so HOPEFULLY there aren't any of those problems! I just can't wait for my dr appt next week!!! a week away is far to long! How am I going to cope!!! the only thing I think I have to worry about is gestational dibetes and I don't even think I have to worry about that but since I'm bigger they'll test for it!!

We 1000% want to know the sex!!!

Beautiful scan pic Joli! Makes it seem real when there's a tiny heartbeat. Fingers x all goes well for you.

Hibiscus.... Hope the little bleed heals up for you.... I've heard of it but not experienced it myself. Good luck hun :)

I had really orange wee this morning I wonder if that broke it, it doesnt say anything about this on the test errors on the instructions...im gonna ring cb x

Drink more water love.. orange wee means you are dehydrated! drink alot of water ..

GG - yay for the scan!! & funny story abt Dh.. You could grab him in the bath/shower (im sure he wont stink then.. lol)

MM - even I think i need to start gaining more weight.. at my 9 week appt I had only gained 1lb ( I was 115lb to start off with ) but now on my home scale I weigh the same.. but my waist has increased by 2inches.. so I should have gained.. will see tomorrow at the doc office scale, maybe mine is faulty..

Joli -aww beani is cuteee!! Pre-natal yoga dvd.. interesting I'm gna look for some too .

Hibuscus - Glad ultrasound is well.. No clue about the bleed & bruise

My SIL (DH sis) had G.Diabetes & High BP & swelling & MS throughout, I was like OMG that must have been tough!! .. I'm sure that the BP & diabetes tests are routine.

Picture time!!

belly shot at 9 weeks
Pandu at 9 weeks and 12 weeks..

Will update with latest belly shot soon

Attachments

• DSCN3409.jpg
    DSCN3409.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN3413.jpg
    DSCN3413.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN3411.jpg
    DSCN3411.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 3
You girls are going to drive yourself nuts :rofl:

Joli...I think toxoplasmosis is quite rare to get do you should be just fine. Don't think I would even get tested for that, and I used to work in a cat shelter with 100s of cats.
As for the progesterone, I think it is common to be given that in "medicated cycles" to help your bean bed in nicely. They prob decided from bloods and scan that your corpus luteum is doing a good enough job on it's own :thumbup: if something was going to happen when you stopped it, it would probably have been in the first 2 days of stopping so you are well in the clear.
As for symptoms, my one friend on here (SarahMelissa) has had no symptoms whatsoever and she is now 25 weeks pregnant! Some ppl are just lucky!

hibiscus...I have heard if this bleeding, also called subchorionic hematoma. They don't cause too many problems and, the fact they have seen it and are monitoring is great. And it gives you extra reason not to worry if you do spot....but I still hope you don't ever :flower:

Saying all this, I'm normally the paranoid type so just wait until I am pregnant again.
Guess it is healthy and natural to worry about your :baby:

Lovely scan pics Devi! So cute! :) think you've got a really neat little bump too... What a lovely figure you have! Congrats hun!

Devi!!! What a cute little bump!!! And way cute scan pictures!!!

Yay you posted them! Love that you can see the baby so well! and your bump is so cute! Are people noticing you're pregnant yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->