(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

clairenicole: Your pregnancy reminds me of mine with DS! Not sure if there is anything to that but hopefully since you want a boy anyway! Glad you're feeling better now though, have you asked your doctor about the headaches? Maybe there is something you could take?

Theres Flexeril (sp) but Oh and i are a little intimidated by it... I'm a bit of a pill popper so I don't usually take prescription drugs like that... but I might have to take them and just make sure i'm uber responsible with them because i'm in some head pain!!!

Cross your fingers for a boy! lol

Oh and i haven't had any problems with the BNB front page!

Morning, all!
I had my 12w checkup today. Everything is great!! Woohoo--what a relief! I heard little bean's HB on the doppler. It is 160-yay!
I got the results of all the blood tests from 8 weeks. Except for the anemia, everything was fine. Found out I'm not a cystic fibrosis carrier, which I didn't suspect, but it's still nice to know.
Uterus is measuring 13+ weeks, which is interesting. We have our ultrasound on Friday, so should be able to get an updated measurement then. I'll def post pics.

How is everyone? Any news??

I cant believe time is flying so fast!! 18 weeks soon.. EEEEEKkKKKK!!! I shall post a belly pic.. I have a nice bump going.. its soo cute! lol.. now the mission is to keep it stretch mark free! Rubbing Vitamin E oil on belly, butt, boobs, after shower & olive oil on belly at night when i finish in the kitchen (lol)

Got a regular doc appt on Friday.. cant wait to hear the heartbeat .. I am so attached to Pandu!! Gosh I love Him/Her so much!!

Hibiscus - glad everything is well.. & have fun at the ultrasound!! make sure u get pics..

When I first felt your hand on mamma's belly.
I knew right away that you must be my daddy.
So gently at first-for fear I'd somehow burst,
then a little firmer-aren't I a little squirmer?
When I first heard your voice through mamma's belly,
I knew right away you'd be such a loving daddy.
Momma said, speak a little louder,so I could hear,
but how could she know? I heard you loud and clear!

-----------------------------

So cute!!

From the Beginning...

Mothers give the greatest gift,
that we on earth can receive.
A life to live and love to give;
the day she does conceive.

She carries me close, inside her.
Her heartbeat I do hear.
Her voice sounds like Angels singing-
The first sweet sound I hear.

Her touch is; Oh so gentle.
So secure I feel inside.
Only wondering how much longer,
in her womb I must abide.

Then the day comes,
when I no longer need to stay.
I only want to be outside-
in her arms I wish to lay.

I twist I turn,
I push I shove,
I open my eyes
and look above.

So scared I feel,
I just want to hide,
then her voice I hear,
so close by my side.

Then I see her-
The most Beautiful sight I've seen,
reaching out for me- her eyes full of tears,
yet still a happy gleam.

I snuggle and cuddle,
as close as I can.
As she kisses me gently,
and then takes me by my little hand.

I love her instantly,
as much as my small heart can bare.
Bundled up in her arms;
I grasp a strand of her soft hair.

I wrap it in my hand,
So, so very tight.
wanting to make sure that-
she is with me throughout the night.

I settle in quickly,
and slowly drift off to sleep.
As my mother carefully watches over me,
and counts each toe on my feet.

I see her in my dreams,
I feel her in my heart.
And I know this feeling will be here, in life,
even if we are apart.

So Mother, when you think of me,
know that this is true;
When I think of Undying Love,
Mother I am thinking of YOU!

MM - thanks for making me feel better about not having a giant baby! haha :)

Hibiscus - don't worry about being on maternity clothes already, I'm just over a week behind you, and my clothes are so tight! I swear my work trousers were near ripping today every time I went to sit down! :rofl: I'm so glad that your scan went so well!! I can't wait to see your pic! :)

Claire - sorry you're having headaches, make sure you drink enough cause dehydration can cause headaches.

Devi - post a pic! post a pic! <pretty please??? > :) :flower: - your bump sounds lovely! And what a beautiful poem! It brought tears to my eyes!

Nicole - how are you feeling hon? I forgot to mention, I think you said on this thread or the other one that your bb's were less sore and you were a bit worried - just about all my symptoms went away and I got really worried, but everything was just fine! So try not to worry :)

Well the latest is a pic of me 16+4

my bump looks bigger than my boobs.. lol

Attachments

• DSCN3878.jpg
    DSCN3878.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 3
hello all!! how are you? Cant wait to see some scan pics soon!!

I am 20 weeks tomorrow!1 HALF WAY!! WHOOP!!!! and my scan is next week!! cant wait!

Good morning everyone

aurora - whoohoo.. half way!! wow.. time flies!!! yay.. before you know it the lil baby will be here..

all our little babys will be here before we know it! And there will be a new set of girls here lol... we'll need a team Aphrodite tigers thread in mom forums lol

Great bump, Devi! Can't wait to see it grow :thumbup:

Joli--haven't had the scan yet. That will be tomorrow--woohoo! Yesterday was just "our" 12 week checkup. I will post pics as soon as I have em.

BTW, I officially came out of the pregnancy closet at work yesterday. Just hearing the HB was enough to make me feel confident that things will be OK. There are SO many women at my work who are pregnant. It looks like our maternity leaves will be staggered, though, fortunately.
Does everyone in this forum, other than those of us in the US, live in a country with mandatory paid maternity leave? The US is so far behind with that. There is mandatory 3 months unpaid leave here--boo! Fortunately I can get short-term disability for 6 weeks of it, which will be 60% of my pay, and I can use sick/vacation time for about 4 weeks of it, but that will leave a couple of weeks unpaid. Argh

oOoOo I never thought of short term disability! I'm going to have to look into that! I'm not at a place with paid leave either... but since i'm not sure I'm going back... i'm not 100% worried about it!

Hey Hibiscus - looking forward to your scan tomorrow! In HK we have 10 weeks fully paid which is statutory. My lawfirm gives me 12 weeks fully paid, and an optional 4 weeks unpaid. If I was still living in the UK, the big lawfiems there give you 6 months off, fully paid!!

Hey Hibiscus - looking forward to your scan tomorrow! In HK we have 10 weeks fully paid which is statutory. My lawfirm gives me 12 weeks fully paid, and an optional 4 weeks unpaid. If I was still living in the UK, the big lawfiems there give you 6 months off, fully paid!!

I'm so jealous of that!
There is so much talk in this country about "family values", but it's BS because there's basically no support for parents, imo.
I can't imagine being a single mother working a job for like 10 bucks an hour. I have no idea what I would do. We can barely afford it as-is!

im not sure about hear in UK but I think they are pretty on the ball i think we have quite a good maternity package and we even get a maternity grant after 24 weeks :) a one off payment to put towards the baby x

What I hate is that OH doesn't get a drop of PATERNITY leave! Like he doesn't need to be home with the baby or be helping me recover form my c-section!!! Hes going to take some time off though anyway. Vacation time :| some vacation lol

Claire, 2 things. How do you know you're having a c-section already? and I saw your question about cloth diapers. I just ordered from https://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/index.htm but this will be my first go around with cloth.

Luckily my DH has 3 weeks of vacation to use once the baby comes, no paternity leave. He does qualify for FMLA (family medical leave act) but that's unpaid. Not sure how much we are actually going to use for 'baby leave' but 3 weeks is more than plenty. It's going to be more like 10 days or less because he'll just drive me batty. He can turn into a hovering mother hen very quickly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->