(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

MM....Cheese is a great calorie dense food (the non-blue variety of course) and has calcium and other good stuff for a baby. As you say, cream is good and switch to full fat milk and yoghurt maybe.
If you were in England you could have a Marks & Spencers chicken/bacon pasta salad! I noticed the other day when my colleague bought one they are 850 calories a pop and its not a very big salad either! It annoys me that people get conned into buying those because they think they are being healthy when really they may as well have a big Mac and fries for that number of calories!
Oh wait you couldn't have one of those even if you wanted - no preprepared salads because of listeria :dohh: :rofl:

MM....Cheese is a great calorie dense food (the non-blue variety of course) and has calcium and other good stuff for a baby. As you say, cream is good and switch to full fat milk and yoghurt maybe.
If you were in England you could have a Marks & Spencers chicken/bacon pasta salad! I noticed the other day when my colleague bought one they are 850 calories a pop and its not a very big salad either! It annoys me that people get conned into buying those because they think they are being healthy when really they may as well have a big Mac and fries for that number of calories!
Oh wait you couldn't have one of those even if you wanted - no preprepared salads because of listeria :dohh: :rofl:

If the mayo is pasteurized you can have it hun. I LOVE mayo pregnant or not! Is it just chicken, bacon, mayo, and pasta? or are there other things in it?

McDonald's craving just kicked in again (ty 2016 :haha:) too bad DH has my truck at work. Maybe tomorrow.

I've been putting heavy cream in my coffee (1/2 caff) and I think I might stick to that. This isn't easy for me. I had to go from a crappy diet to a strict healthy diet (high cholesterol) and help me lose some weight but NOW I have to eat somewhat healthy but gain weight.

From what I've worked out, I need to gain 4.25 pounds a month. It doesn't sound like a lot, sounds kinda easy but it's not for me. It would help if I had a better appetite! Just not hungry all that much.

All went well at the scan. Measuring perfect for dates. Little flicker heartbeat. I am in love. :cloud9:

They wouldn't let me have a pic but I don't care - I will never forget that awesome sight! :happydance:

Congrats 2016.... What awesome news! I'm over the moon for you hun!

Am really anxious..... 20 week scan in half an hour!!!!!! Aaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

All went well at the scan. Measuring perfect for dates. Little flicker heartbeat. I am in love. :cloud9:

They wouldn't let me have a pic but I don't care - I will never forget that awesome sight! :happydance:

Woohoo, 2016!! That's so amazing. Yay!

Timkerbell--good luck with the US! Let us know how it went ASAP :D

Great news 2016 !!

Good luck TINK!! let us know asap - pink/blue?

So as you know I had my 19 week ultrasound almost 2 weeks ago and everything was normal as per the tech & the doc who was there..

Yesterday my Ob's nurse called me and told me that everything looked great except that the umbilical cord is not as springy / coiled as it is supposed to be, & it is not a big problem.. However, if it is the case it could sometimes lead to lower birth weight for the baby..

The tech & the doctor who came in after the ultrasound didnt say anything of this sort to me & the nurse asked if they had..

The baby is measuring fine till now.. she said that the OB-GYN recommended a growth ultrasound at 28weeks & a non-stress test at each appointment after that to be on the safe side..

Anyone familiar with this situation ??? I have a regular appt in 2 weeks where my OB will tell me more about it..

Dh & I got a bit worked up over it yesterday.. But now feel that it isnt a BIG problem, as the OB didnt call us & she just asked the nurse to pass along a message to us.. & she didnt ask to meet us immediately or schedule immediate tests either.. We called the clinic to talk to the OB cuz we were so stressed, she still has to call us back...

what do you guys think?

MM - I want your problem!! I'm eating like a horse and packing on the pounds! haha- I think 2016's advice about cheese and full fat dairy is a great idea for you. I'm sure a doctor wouldn't recommend this, but my mother was underweight as well with me, and she went to McDonalds every day to have a milkshake to put on the pounds!

Hey Devi - I'm sorry I can't shed any light on your situation - were they able to advise you on what you could eat/take to ensure the baby at least gets all the nutrients it needs? I suppose having a lower birth weight isn't such a bad thing, as long as it's not too low - MM's babies seemed to all be really light - were they able to give you an estimation on the usual range of lower birth weight you could expect?

The doctor just called & she said that it is nothing to be concerned about. Everything does look great, the anatomy, the growth, the placenta.. all good.. Just that the umbilical cord doesnt look as coiled as it is supposed to be.. its not totally straight but it is not as coiled either.. It can sometimes lead to a smaller birth weight baby ..

She said I wouldnt be too concerned about it.. & that we will do a growth ultrasound at 28 weeks to make sure baby is growing fine.. & keep a eye out on the growth at further appts..

also said it not a big deal & we will talk more at next week's appt..

-So no worries.. its just something to keep a eye on at future appts.. baby is growing good..

phheww

I'm glad the doc put your mind at ease Devi.... When you haven't heard of these things they do sound scary at first until you speak to someone professional.

My scan went very well today and all is well with baby. Baby is measuring slightly smaller than average for everything apart from abdominal circumferance!!! So baby is a short little fatty pants! Lol My firstborn was like that and baby's profile of face looks very similar too. We did get to clarify the baby's sex and guess what............ It's a............................... BOY!!!!! I'm definitely team blue so my third son. I'm not disappointed at all as he's such a cutie. But I would still love a daughter one day so not sure this baby will be my last! DH has other ideas though!!! I'll persuade him when the time is right and if not, there are always safety pins and condoms!!! Lol:happydance:

I will upload scan pics soon and some bump pics.... I need some decent spare time!!!!!!!:haha:

Tink....glad your scan went well! I think team blue is a wonderful place to be and I am so pleased you are getting more used to the idea now.:thumbup:
And you are right, you may well get your girl one day. I prefer even numbers of children anyway :rofl: (for no particular reason I might add).
How old are your other boys?

Devi...I am afraid I don't know anything about the cord but, as you say, they would have done more than just pass on the message through a nurse if they were especially worried. The good news is you get to see your bubs an extra time! :yipee:

And THANK YOU to all you girls for sharing in my good news today. It is true what they say - Sorrow shared is halved, Joy shared is doubled! :friends:

Oh tink!! how lovely!! a lil baby boy!! you are gna have your hands full with a house full of boys!!! But it will be great fun nevertheless ..

post pics when u get the chance.. cant wait to see the lil man!!

2016 - congrats on seeing squiggle today and that everything was fine.

Tink - fab news that your scan went so well and least you found you are def on team blue. 3 boys will be lovely, just hope I have yr positive attitude if I find out my bubs is another boy as this is def my last baby so last chance for a girl x

ps can't wait to see the pics! X

Ha ha only name we both like is Theo!!!! So reckon it will probably stick!!!! Lol ;)

Theo is a lovely name..

2016 - going to check out your new Journal!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->