(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

ClaireNicole....yay another :pink: bundle!!!! You lucky thing! And just over halfway too....congrats! :bunny:

I found the yoga class challenging enough yet relaxing....... A bit like you don't even realise you are doing any exercise. But I did feel it in my legs and arms when I got home! I've never done yoga before. The teacher is also a doula and so teaches about positive birthing techniques. We practiced lots of deep breathing techniques to aid with coping with the labour pains/contractions. At the end of the session she does some relaxation which was nice and then you get a cup of herbal tea and a biscuit. Last night one of the ladies who used to be in the class brought her OH and 3 week old baby boy in (who slept the entire time bit was very cure!), to talk to us about her birthing experience. It is a small class of about 6 of us and very relaxed. We even practiced some massage techniques on each other which can help in pregnancy and labour with low backache and pelvic pain. Can't wait to go next week now. When I got home, I got my DH to blow up my birthing gym ball and I sat on that and watched a film. The yoga teacher said they are great for posture when pregnant and for aches and pains. Much better than slouching on the sofa she said!

Hope you ladies are all well.

Clairenicole - congrats on your little girl, so pleased for you. Bring on the shopping eh!

Hey MM, Devi and Tink - thanks for the yoga info - you have me convinced! I've got myself booked into a prenatal yoga class starting this Sunday. I've only done a bit of Ashtanga yoga, but I'm to inflexible in my hamstrings, so it was a challenge, but I really enjoyed it. I did buy a prenatal yoga DVD a couple of months ago, but I nearly died of boredom when most of the stuff was sooooooooo basic - like sitting cross legged against a wall for 5 mins, I was so bored I turned it off! I know that the class will be a lot better, they have a really good reputation. Tink your class sounds particularly awesome! I wish they had that sort of stuff here. I came across a website today with a programme offered here called PEKIP (www.pekip.com.hk) for when the baby is born up to 1 year. Some of it sounds good (like bonding with baby time) but some of it sounds a bit odd - have any of you ladies already with babies come across anything like this, or did you do courses on baby massage and stuff? A bit early to be looking into it, but coming across it raised my curiosity!

MM - that's awesome baby is kicking away! I've been feeling it too the last couple of weeks, and DH felt it really strong last night, it really is such an amazing feeling :)

Okay so its not a good thing this baby is a girl! With a boy you can ignore so many things... but now i'm going to have to buy SHOES!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: Baby girl shoes!!!!!! Do they make baby stilletos??? And I have already bought baby girl cloth diapers!!!!!!! OMG THEY ARE SO CUTE! And the dresses!!!!!!! What newborn doesn't need Catour????

I think OH is going to kill me!!!

Okay so its not a good thing this baby is a girl! With a boy you can ignore so many things... but now i'm going to have to buy SHOES!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: Baby girl shoes!!!!!! Do they make baby stilletos??? And I have already bought baby girl cloth diapers!!!!!!! OMG THEY ARE SO CUTE! And the dresses!!!!!!! What newborn doesn't need Catour????

I think OH is going to kill me!!!

LOL!!! Good thing we are having a boy!

Think not only shoes but eventually another case of PMS, bras, make up, DATING!!! :haha: When she goes to date, tell your DH to answer the door in his underpants.

just found out my cousin is having a 2nd baby due 31 dec. Same as u 2016!! Yay!!

Lol you ladies are making me chuckle!!! ;)

Joli..... Good for you signing up for a yoga class too. Let us know how you get on. It's supposed to really help with backache and sciatic pain etc. I did a basic baby massage class after I had my first and found it a lovely bonding experience. I've heard of postnatal yoga classes where you go along with your baby but don't think there are any classes near me.

Now we need girl names!!!!!!!!!! And they DO make heels for baby girls!!!!! They are 30 stinkin dollars but still... SO CUTE!

I just had my 20 week appt. I've gained 10 lbs in the last 4 weeks :( boooo.
Dr said I'm on track to gain 60 unless I start forcing myself to eat well and exercise.

I've not been exercising at all, and I've been eating really badly. The thing is that she told me not to get my HR above 140 bpm, so I have to limit it to walking and swimming. Ugh
This is going to be hard. I have no desire for healthful food at all.
*as I sit here drinking a large mocha and scarfing down a sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich*

Anyone else having this problem??

yep im gaining loads of weight.. I know il regret it later but right now i just dont give a rats arse!

oh and im back :D xxx

hib - dont worry too much abt weight gain. Everyones body is different. You should just eat healthy, and I dont mean just eating carrots and spinach. Make your major meals as healthy as possible and eat the snacky junk food in Btwn if you need to. My good friend is a nutritionist so she gives me lots of tips.

hib - dont worry too much abt weight gain. Everyones body is different. You should just eat healthy, and I dont mean just eating carrots and spinach. Make your major meals as healthy as possible and eat the snacky junk food in Btwn if you need to. My good friend is a nutritionist so she gives me lots of tips.

Thanks, Devi! I really need to move away from the comfort foods as much as possible. I know how to eat well; I just have no desire to right now! But I should think about how I might be setting baby up for healthful eating, too. If I predispose him to being fat, that would be terrible

Hibiscus - I'm putting on a ton as well, and I'm still exercising and not eating too badly, I've already put on 15 pounds, but like the other girls said, everyone is different, and I've just kinda faced facts that if my body is wanting to put on this much weight, there must be a good reason for it! I've been doing swimming which is good cardio work, and I've started going back to the gym the last week now that my siatic pain is subsiding. I have a friend who is an ex-yoga instructer and she suggested holding a squat position in between commercial breaks - do that for an hour, each TV commercial break and you'll have great legs to help with delivery!

Hibiscus - I'm putting on a ton as well, and I'm still exercising and not eating too badly, I've already put on 15 pounds, but like the other girls said, everyone is different, and I've just kinda faced facts that if my body is wanting to put on this much weight, there must be a good reason for it! I've been doing swimming which is good cardio work, and I've started going back to the gym the last week now that my siatic pain is subsiding. I have a friend who is an ex-yoga instructer and she suggested holding a squat position in between commercial breaks - do that for an hour, each TV commercial break and you'll have great legs to help with delivery!

The squatting is an excellent idea! Thanks for suggesting it. I could try the yoga, too.

I got worried on the way in to the Dr's office this AM. I normally sprint up the stairs to the 3rd floor, but by the 2nd my feet felt like lead weights. That was scary. I've never in my life felt that way. I just feel weak. I'm sure my body just hasn't had time to get used to supporting all this new weight. I want as smooth a delivery as possible, and don't want to be miserable in the last trimester, so I really need to do these things starting today.

Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->