(TEAM) Aphrodite - delivering Tigers in 2010

I gained a whopping 5 stone with my first pregnancy due to lack of exercise, over-indulgence with sweet and stodgy food and reduced metabolism courtesy of pregnancy! I never lost all this weight afterwards..... I just couldn't shed the last 2 stone! I gained about 3 stone with my second and am hoping less this time as I am conscious of it. However have terrible sweet tooth! :(

Oh man I gained 100 lbs with my first one!!!!!!!! ONE HUNDRED! and then I lost most of it and then I gained 50 back in the first year with my OH.... and now I know i'm fat enough thanks! I haven't gained anything ... I'm -1lb says the scale this morning! But it fluxuates all the time. but the docs say its okay cause I'm bigger then ya'll to begin with! My sister put on about 40 lbs with my nephew and she was back to her old slef shortly after!

Right now I've hit my plateau. I'm stuck at 143 pounds, I've put on 13 so far and need to put on more. I'm a little ahead in weight gain for gestation but I need to put on something before my next appointment, July 1st.

It should go by your BMI, not just because you're pregnant. Not pregnant and being 5'1" my max weight should be 120 lbs, I'm 130, considered over weight for my height/body type.

With my last baby (lol the 6 pound preemie) I put on 90 pounds, was very uncomfortable and it was hot in Louisiana! With my oldest, I went from 118 never gained any weight till maybe 28 weeks (I think) and put on 20 the last 22 weeks.

Like I said, it should go by your BMI but Dr's are ignorant.

Right now I've hit my plateau. I'm stuck at 143 pounds, I've put on 13 so far and need to put on more. I'm a little ahead in weight gain for gestation but I need to put on something before my next appointment, July 1st.

It should go by your BMI, not just because you're pregnant. Not pregnant and being 5'1" my max weight should be 120 lbs, I'm 130, considered over weight for my height/body type.

With my last baby (lol the 6 pound preemie) I put on 90 pounds, was very uncomfortable and it was hot in Louisiana! With my oldest, I went from 118 never gained any weight till maybe 28 weeks (I think) and put on 20 the last 22 weeks.

Like I said, it should go by your BMI but Dr's are ignorant.

Only gaining 13 lbs by your stage is great!!

I can't believe you gained 90 lbs last time! Your body probably just needed it or something.

Where in Louisiana were you? I was there for work for 18 months, living in Baton Rouge, working between there and New Orleans. That's actually where I met DH! We worked for the same company, but he was from DC and I was from Boston. When our project was done, we both came back to Boston.

There's a lot about Louisiana I don't like, but there's a lot I loved! Always fun festivals to go to on weekends, tons of amazing food, just had a good time...

It's amazing the range of weight gains... you know here in Hong Kong, if you put on more than 30 pounds (which I'm sure I will!) the doctors seriously tell you off and put you under a lot of pressure. My secretary said that at the point she reached 30 pounds (which was only a few weeks away from the end of her pregnancy), the doctor told her she either needs to stop gaining weight or that he was going to hospitalize her! I hiave another friend who was told by the doctor to "leave room for the baby" because of her weight gain! I think because the Asian ladies here are so petite, the doctors seem to expect the same type of weight gain in Western ladies. But then again, in all the books I read, it says you're supposed to gain ideally between 25-35 pounds... but based on your very useful experiences, this seems like a bit of an unrealistic number!?

Hibiscus - the squats in between commercial breaks are fab - but it makes you realise just how long commercial breaks are! haha

Clairenicole - I can't believe you're -1 pound! That must mean that you're losing weight as baby puts on weight.

MM - you've put on such a tiny amount of weight as well, but I think you're on target for the ideal 25-35 lbs, provided that you start putting some on now!

Hib- I lived just outside Lafayette. I loved LA for the food and most of the people but it's dirty and way too easy to get drugs. Lots of people will just walk up to you and try and sell you drugs. ICK!

Joli- I'm trying hun, it's been pretty warm here and if I eat too much when I'm over heated, I get sick. I nibble till the sun goes down. Will be getting AC for the front of the house this week!

Just wanted to post something I'm a little sad about. We want to donate Charlie's cord blood but because we live in a low populated area, there is no place to donate it to. We can't afford to store it. Charlie's life line could be a very precious gift to someone and as of right now, it looks like it's going to be thrown away. This really bothers me and makes me want to cry.

I've gained 3.5 pounds and 3.5 inches so far. Gained no pounds but 2 inches in the last week! :shrug: Think my waist is thickening and I think I can feel my uterus peeking out when my bladder is full now :happydance:

eeeekkk!! 99 days to go!! YAHOOO!!!

Dh & I have decided to move permanantly to India mid November becasue DH is starting a fabulous new business there!! He has given his resignation for Mid October & one month he is going to chill out & pack, and be at home with me n baby before we move!! We have been planning this for 2 years now.. finally the day has come .. YAY!!
My mum is coming from Zimbabwe around 10th september to help me out with the LO for a month..
We are not moving furniture, just clothes & valuables.. so what totally sucks is that I have to buy things for baby (like basinnet & swing) that I will only use for less than 2 months & got to throw / sell.. the clothes & all the bedding & gagets for baby we will take, everything except the big things .. basinnet we have to buy (baby needs a place to sleep), now the swing / bouncer not so sure.. we will get car seat.. but no stroller.. Oh well.. will buy all new again in India..

YAY!!

roughly 100 days to go!!! and I'm 33 today!

Devi, now that your moving to India, I'm putting my foot down. I WANNA VISIT!

Hey everyone! Had an ultrasound yesterday because the dr. couldn't find the heartbeat on the dopplar and I hadn't felt movement yet. I was sure something was wrong but everything is fine! Got to see the baby stretching and the heartbeat was 154 bpm so I'm incredibly relieved. I think I felt the baby move a couple of times today but I'm not 100%sure.

clairenicole: Congratulations!!! A girl!! :) So exciting! I was wrong again, I've never been right! I think boy for me after the ultrasound so that might be a sure sign it's a girl for me as well. You must be thrilled!

hibiscus: It's great that you're going to try to slow down the weight gain, only because as you said the last part can be awful if you gain a lot. I was miserable by the end with ds, although the plus side of that was that after I gave birth I felt wonderful. Devi's trick seems like a great way to do it if healthy foods are turning you off. You look great though, very jealous of your bump!! Your weight gain might slow anyway though, there was a month, can't remember how far along I was where I gained almost 10 pounds, really couldn't believe it but it slowed considerably after that. Have you decided on a name yet?

devi: Have you ever been to India? That's so exciting! I've never been anywhere and am always in awe when people move to another country.

mommymichele: Sorry that you can't find anywhere to donate the cord blood but it's great that you had the intention to do it, very nice that you wanted to help.

Happy birthday mommymichele!!! :yipee: I'm a gemini too! june 14th for me though. Hope you have a great day!

Happy birthday mommymichele!!! :yipee: I'm a gemini too! june 14th for me though. Hope you have a great day!

I am so far! We may have found a place to donate to! 14 pages of paper work but worth it!

Thank you hun!

I think for my birthday, I'm going to go get art supplies! It's been a very long time since I did any painting or drawing and I just came up with a quick sketch for Charlie's room that I had no interest in doing till next spring. Once I have it all drawn out, I'll share it with you!

This is what we picked last night https://www.angelbabybedding.com/travel-time-cars-baby-crib-bedding-set-bedtime-originals.html

happy birthday MM!! have fun & hope you get spoilt rotten!!

nicole - yup I have been there afew times.. it will be very intresting LIVING in all that CHAOS!

I did! John bought me a foot spa!!!!! WOOHOO!!! I've been wanting one for a long time and I got one! YAY! Will be getting a lot of use this summer with my feet swelling!

Happy birthday MM! I'm sure yr footspa will get lots of use, they are so relaxing

Mommymichele..... Happy birthday hun! Hope you've had a lovely day and are enjoying your wonderful relaxing foot spa! :) Couldnt open your link though....

Nicole.... Congrats on the US and that everything seems well with baby. Bet that's such a relief for you.

Devi.... Congrats on DH's new job and moving to India! How exciting but what a lot to organise with a new baby too! Sounds like you've got loads of support though which I am sure will be invaluable. :)

2016.... Woohoo for the beginnings of a baby bump! Yay can't wait for the bump pics! ;)

As for me, my bump has got really prominent the past week and it's all tight and uncomfortable. I think it's partly due to the fact the baby has had huge growth spurt and also my digestion has become sluggish due to hormones. I eat lots of fruit but have been having cramps on and off most of the day. Very uncomfortable and annoying. Anyone else experiencing this too? :(

As for me, my bump has got really prominent the past week and it's all tight and uncomfortable. I think it's partly due to the fact the baby has had huge growth spurt and also my digestion has become sluggish due to hormones. I eat lots of fruit but have been having cramps on and off most of the day. Very uncomfortable and annoying. Anyone else experiencing this too? :(

post a bump pic tink.. i want to compare mine with yours.. since we are close together..
I get pain when I walk sometimes.. its near the groin area.. on the left side.. and sometimes on the inner left thigh.. i hear it is the round ligament pain of the pelvic area .. I am totally fine when I am sitting, but it hurts little the first 10 mins when I am up and about.. when i am walking for a LONG time .. the pain goes away.. I guess the baby moves around and makes it better for mama too. :winkwink: sometimes I got to keep my hand under my belly and walk around .. looks silly..

Pic of me today 25+6

Attachments

• DSCN4198.jpg
    DSCN4198.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 3
Hey Devi your bump is so cute! :) reckon mine is about the same size.... Will have to upload more pics soon to compare with you. I get the same groin pain when I walk any distance etc. I think it's pressure of the baby against our softening pelvic ligaments and in my experience, it doesn't go now til after birth! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->