• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Team Jelly Belly!!!

Testing tonight with FRER when hubby gets home...i feel sick and the opks two of em are SOO DARK! if im not preggers then i am def going to O!?! either wayy i am good to go!!!!!!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYY

I am crossing everything but my legs for you ( I kind of need them open still since I do not know if I am Oing :rofl:). Good luck, I really hope your test is a :bfp: but if not at least you can get in some :sex: to cover your bases.
Waiting2bmommy- you are welcome glad you could get it set up. Do you have FF? if so put your chart homepage on your siggy too.

Gabs what dpo are you today? I would hold off and test with fmu since its early, otherwise you'll get a :bfn:, even if you are pregnant. Fmu has the highest amounts of hcg in them at this stage. I would just hate to see you get upset. wait till the AM then test if its not to early (10dpo or later)

good luck hun!!!!
:hugs:

Ok gals, I switched my temp on FF using the temp corrector. I put the real temps and times in my notes so I know what they were and what to switch them back to if things get weird but it looks nice so I like it. I am hoping I can get a good night sleep tonight and get a good temp tomorrow. crossing my fingers that I already Oed but will get in :sex: tonight just to feel covered. Is it bad that if I did O I did not :sex: last night? Check my chart and let me know.

Can you get a positive on an OPK and not on FRER? Cause Gabs had a pos OPK. What's the difference in sensitivity?

The FRER is a HPT and might not pick up HCG if she is pregnant but an OPK only detects LH and can be positive but usually if the OPK is picking up the hormone of pregnancy and that is a strong line then the HPT will be positive. If the HPT is negative then it is most likely just detecting that she is going to O. At least that is my interpretation of it. Hope I am not getting it wrong though so if I am someone correct me.

OPKs do not detect the HCG hormone, they detect LH (luteinizing hormone) which is the hormone associated with ovulation.

The FRER is a HPT and might not pick up HCG if she is pregnant but an OPK only detects LH and can be positive but usually if the OPK is picking up the hormone of pregnancy and that is a strong line then the HPT will be positive. If the HPT is negative then it is most likely just detecting that she is going to O. At least that is my interpretation of it. Hope I am not getting it wrong though so if I am someone correct me.

That's right. I guess possibly some LH could be present too and is intermixing with the HCG to give such a dark positive, but if she's not ovulating, most of the positive has to be due to HCG. She could be ovulating though and it's just picking up her LH surge.

OPKs do not detect the HCG hormone, they detect LH (luteinizing hormone) which is the hormone associated with ovulation.

No, OPKs can detect HCG. Please see: https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

LH and HCG are almost identical chemically. HCG just has something extra that HPTs detect.

This is important to remember though:
Most importantly, OPK's are not purified as well as HPT's are. Therefore, they are more prone to "errors" and positives do not always mean that either LH or hCG was detected. In other words . . . they're simply cheaper, shoddier tests.

Gabs might want to take that into consideration.

Yeah but if you notice when the OPK shows up positive ,the HPT does too. I always thought that an OPK would show positive before the HPT but Peeonastick showed me otherwise.

Gabby I found this online, hope it helps...sounds promising!!

LH and hCG are, at a molecular level, nearly identical. hCG has a beta subunit, meaning it has an extra little "doodad." To use a stupid but easy to understand example, LH and hCG are identical twins, except that hCG wears a funny hat.

An OPK tests only for the part of the molecule that LH and hCG have in common (the "face" or "body" of the identical twins.) So an OPK will turn positive when it detects either of the "identical twins"-- ovulation or pregnancy hormone.

The reverse is not true, however, because an HPT tests for the part of the molecule that is unique to hCG (the "hat.") Therefore, a pregnancy test will turn positive only in the presence of hCG, whereas an OPK will turn positive in the presence of hCG or LH.

:hugs:

ok girls...listen...opk are used tod detect the hormone LH. HPT are used to detect HCG. But...LH and HCG are almost identical. So on an opk it is able to pick up LH as well as HCG. The thing is that by the time an opk is detecting hcg then a hpt should be able to detect it as well. With my last baby i kept getting postive opks and didnt know what was going on..so i took an hpt and it was positive ...so i was preggo!
You can go to peeonastick.com and it will tell you how opk as hpt works. It is a good sign then you may be preggo..but dont use it as a hpt!

The reason i am testing tonight with a hpt is because im on cd 21 thinking about 9 or 10dpo. I have two very strong dark dark opks today which i dont think im oing. i had o pain , ewcm ,and pos opk last monday...so therefore doubt im oing? SOOOO why the positive opk right? WEll it may be detecting my hcg if i am infact preggo. I am not waiting till the am because if the opk is detecting hcg right now than i would think a hpt would too!..make sense? if it is negative i will do one tomorrow morning and if that is negative..then i am assuming i am going to be oing late? and if its positve then well i will be SOOO happy!

lol i type this..and then read you all found it too! haha thanks girls your great!:)

Also feeling sick and itchy boobs so feeling alittle hopeful..i dont think i will be too upset if its negative because at least i may be oing now? and still in with a chance?

I thought that was what was going on. Happy for you either way but hope it is a :bfp: so if the HPT is negative I think you should inform your doctor that you are just now Oing.

Yeah i know...i had my cd21 tests today as well..so i will know either way if i didnt o then and maybe oing now and see what she says?

I saw a post from one woman last week that went in for her CD21 test, they called her with the results and additionally she found out she was preggo!!!

Either way, I think this is win-win. You're either preg or know you need to BD like crazy!

I do have some ewcm right now..maybe it is just O? ...ah who knows so annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->