Team:- on a weight loss mission

Berniep

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,
I've been saying for some time i'm going try to lose weight whilst ttc to give us a better chance of conceiving but to be honest i've no willpower and haven't got round to doing anything about it yet. But i'm fed up now of been overweight and i'm worried i'll be even more overweight if i do have another baby so my plan is:-
1) To start eating healthily 3 healthy meals a day with fruit as snacks, and a small treat ie funsize bar of chocolate once a day (this may sound like alot but compared to the normal 1-2 full size bars of choc a day this is nothing)
2) Drink more water even if i have to put sugar free cordial in it to make it taste better
3) Walk to work at least twice a week and then back again, i work a 15-20 mins walk away but still take the car
4) Go swimming once a week

I am going to weigh myself at my friends every monday, i know you shouldn't cut calories too drastically when ttc but i'm hoping 3 healthy balanced meals a day plus 1 small chocolate bar will be ok.
So come on ladies who's joining me?

me!! ive been doing the same, keep saying im gunna lose weight but just havnt started yet, so as from tomorrow im gunna get to it! ive got my cross trainer so gunna use that too! i think its gunna help my cycles get regular from being on the pill.... xx

Yeah i'm starting tommorrow too, good luck and let me know how its going x

Cooooeeeeee, can I join you?

I need to lose weight. I am going to weight watchers at the moment but just cannot get my head in to it. I am considering doing a VLCD in order to shock my body and hopefully boost my fertility??? Or, Imight just try to eat as healthy as possible and start exercising more? I have a wii fit, so really need to kick myself up the bum and start using it :laugh2: xxx

hi welly, i see you have long cycles as well.... have you always had long cycles?

day 1 of diet not gone soo gd... had no breakfast, had a ham sarnie on white bread with a packet of crisps for dinner, oh and a pizza bread LOL naughty... having pasta for tea though! got no will power to get my self on that cross trainer grrr xx

I am desperately trying to eat healthily to maximise my chances of conceiving but it's soooo hard!!! I would like to lose about 12lbs so hopefully this team will give me added motivation.

Come on girls, we can do it :happydance:

Hi ladies,
welcome to our 2 new ones, Welly whats a VLCD?
Well my first 2 days haven't gone well either Drakey i really must get motivated i need to start eating healthy ready for when i get my bfp otherwise i'll put even more weight on, so good luck ladies on our weight loss and ttc mission x

hi welly, i see you have long cycles as well.... have you always had long cycles?

I had regular 30 day cycles before having ds. Since then i've been a bit wonky! Before having ds I was overweight, then during the pregnancy I actually lost weight, I was nearly 2 stone lighter the day I came home from hospital as I was at my booking in appointment!!! I think I was very aware of eating right during pregnancy. I am putting my irregular cycles and secondary infertility down to my weight,and hope that by losing some weight I will reignite my fertility. I read inmy weight watchers handbook that losing just 5% of your body weight increases fertility :happydance:

Berniep said:
Welly whats a VLCD?

It's a Very Low Calorie Diet hun, like Cambridge Diet and Lighterlife. Cambridge do a version of the diet called 810 which means you consume just 810 cals a day, you don't feel hunger after the first 5 days or so as your body goes into ketosis and so uses body fat as energy. If af arrives (which she is on her way now,I can feel her :witch:) I will start the diet for a couple of months.

ooo can i join this please? i lost 5 stone before i started TTC in 07 on weight watchers i got to about a stone and half of my goal weight then over the past year have put half a stone on so still need to loose 2 stone to get to my target :hissy: anyway i started bk at weight watchers today and ive eaten 20.5 of the 22 points im allowed :)

Welcome Claire good luck at weight watchers i need to give myself a kick up the backside and go back to somewhere like weight watchers i've tried a few in the past and before having my second son lost 2 stone but i'm stuck in a rut now steadily putting on weight and not having the willpower to do anything about it.
Good luck with your weight loss plan too Welly.
I hope everyone is ok x

day 2 bk on weight watchers today ive worked out my meals and im 1 point over bugger! but i have done 2 hours walking so hoping that will make up for it

ive been naughty too, ive had a sarnie and a packet of crisps with a slice of quiche naughty naughty.... not sure what im having for tea though xx

I'm sure the 2 hours of walking will make up for that extra pointg claire keep up the good work x
Don't give up Drakey keep trying, i've just noticed your a yorkshire lass too, where is East Yorkshire are you from? i'm from between Leeds and Wakefield in West Yorkshire x
Hows everyone else today?

i had cottage pie for tea, not sure if that healthy or not lol oh well it was nice so dont care hehe.... im being strict to my self tomorow though!

indeed i am a yorkshire lass lol - im from Hull! thats not too far from Leeds! xxx

oh god my stomach feels like its digesting itself haha!!

Ok was thinking i hope the drastic change in diet and increase in excerscise doesnt stop or postpone ovulation this week.

I've been thinking the same Claire i don't want to start dieting and then mess up my cycles although i was doing slimming world when i got pregnant with my 2nd son the first month of trying so i suppose if its not too drastic we should be fine i might google it to see if there is a set amount of calories we should be consuming and let you know x

Well i googled it and i'm still none the wiser i'm afraid, i think it depends on how much you weigh and what your bmi is so from what i can work out there is no set minimum calorie intake that is recommended for everyone we all vary, it does say that losing weight whilst ttc is a bit of a catch 22 situation although it is beneficial to lose weight to increase your chances of conceiving and going onto having a healthy pregnancy but if you take it too far you could stop your periods hence causing problems, but i think as long as we don't do anything too drastic and we keep a eye on any changes in our cycles etc then we should be fine, good luck everyone x

thanks hun well im due to ovulate on saterday, and my opk should start getting dark tomorow with a positive on friday and sat so will let u know xx

Good luck Claire enjoy BDing, i'm in my final one week wait i usually have a 28 day cycle but the last 2 months i've had a 30 day and then a 29 day so i'm going to try not to test till the 2nd of April which will be 31 days providing witch doesn't show up of course x

hi girls

had my banana this morning and going to have a ham salad sandwich for dinner.... still not sure about tea yet, i really could eat a chinese but that soooo naughty! im now cd 43 with no witch! im now 2 days over due! im gunna test tomorrow i think but i dont feel pregnant but then again i dnt know whats it like to feel preg lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->