Team Rainbow Mummies - Gay Surrogates, Lesbian, Transgender and BiSexual TTC Group

pinkorblue~ yea im doing better these days. things have seem to level off these last couple of weeks. my only complaint at the moment is carpal tunnel in my wrist/hands, but its more of an annoyance considering what ive already been through. im not sure what's up with donors. DW is a bit freaked out. im only slightly worried he became a little weird once he found out it was a girl. cause he only has a son. but i told her he has a fight coming if he even thinks about trying anything. he hasnt even been around so he has no case.

mm~ :hi: i checked your journal. stay positive!!!

definitely team pink ladies throughout the our house now:haha:

I will do a proper post a little later.... If possible, take a minute to read my journal below...

17DPO = :bfp:

I'm glad to hear it, Ready. :hugs: That's a shame about the donor acting like that but his loss, there's nothing wrong with having a girl and besides he ought to know just because you have a boy once, it won't always be boys that follow lol. I know you and your wife are delighted, and that's all that really matters anyway. :flower: Can't wait to see your birth announcement soon! :)

Many congrats again, M!!! :D :happydance:

and OMG pinkorblue YAY! so so happy for you!! i dont know why i never get these updates to show up when people post!

So I am VERY new to any of this. My girlfriend of 4 years today finally has said she thinks in a couple of years we should start the process of having a baby. Well I am clueless to how or even where to start. So I found this forum and figured people that have been through it could helped a lot! I started looking up iui and now think I scared myself that it might be a long hard expensive process. But I know when we are ready it's what we will do but I want to be very informed and ready. Love this forum so much!

Welcome to us here on BnB BDIZZLESGIRL! :wave:

The process of making a baby is not as easy as it seems, but even more difficult for same sex. However, finding this forum, and this site, is probably the single most informative move you could have made. Don't be scared, it isn't as expensive as it seems and it just takes some planning. It CAN happen! We will be here through it... My only recommendation is to read this site, these threads, and begin the planning process as soon as you are ready, that is the longest part.... GL :dust:

Hi everyone,

I am glad to have found out this group. I guess I am looking for some support...

We've been in the TTC process since last year. We tried twice last year at home and twice this year at the clinic, all four attempts with the same sperm bank donor.

The two cycles at home were natural and for these two IUIs I took Clomid and Ovidrel. After the last IUI we got a positive pregnancy test, after the 10min window (maybe a "false positive", but it was not an evaporate and not a faint line, something in between really strong and faint), at 15dpo, but then 2 days later my period started with heavier bleeding than normal. We went to the Dr. that day to confirm what was going on. My hcg was 1,31. :(

There are two things that are wearing me out which are the effects of the whole fertility treatment on me and the whole ammount of money we have already spent together with the whole stress of booking the IUI, flights and hotel, because we can't do IUIs in our country (only hetero couples can).

This last IUI was particurly hard on me. I felt irritable as I had never before and woke up tired all the time. At 6dpo I woke up with a weird sore throat that lasted a few days. And I ended up having, from feeling so sensitive and irritable, a short breakdown at 10dpo, after an argument with a family member (I reacted badly to her aggressiveness), which I know it simply cannot have been good for the chances of conceiving. I also experienced a period of a lot o work at my job, which nonetheless was and is going smoothly and helped me often keep my mind off from the whole 2 week wait.

I am feeling a bit better now. We are taking a one month-break and probably trying another IUI after that, especially because I have done an HSG and we don't want to lose the possible positive effects coming out from that. And then probably, if it doesn't work, we will try to save money for IVF. But after that, gosh, I don't know if I can take this anymore. I really feel worn down. I really would like to go through pregnancy and give birth but I'm starting to wonder what my limit is. I am seen by my friends as quite a strong person, which all makes it even more sad that it is being so hard for me to cope.

Thanks in advance for reading me.

DHARMA Welcome:wave:

Thank you for sharing, aside from the issue with doing an IUI outside of your native country, I understand all that you have written, even been there and done that. You are welcome to read more in my journal. We have been trying for almost 4 years with only 5-6 breaks in between so the financial strain was enormous. We ended up having to stop the IUI process and have the donations sent directly to our home, this could be an option for you, I am not sure. However, I KNOW you will find VERY supportive ladies in this thread and on the site and we have looooads of information and advice to help you out. GL FXD!:dust:

Hi everyone,

I am glad to have found out this group. I guess I am looking for some support...

We've been in the TTC process since last year. We tried twice last year at home and twice this year at the clinic, all four attempts with the same sperm bank donor.

The two cycles at home were natural and for these two IUIs I took Clomid and Ovidrel. After the last IUI we got a positive pregnancy test, after the 10min window (maybe a "false positive", but it was not an evaporate and not a faint line, something in between really strong and faint), at 15dpo, but then 2 days later my period started with heavier bleeding than normal. We went to the Dr. that day to confirm what was going on. My hcg was 1,31. :(

There are two things that are wearing me out which are the effects of the whole fertility treatment on me and the whole ammount of money we have already spent together with the whole stress of booking the IUI, flights and hotel, because we can't do IUIs in our country (only hetero couples can).

This last IUI was particurly hard on me. I felt irritable as I had never before and woke up tired all the time. At 6dpo I woke up with a weird sore throat that lasted a few days. And I ended up having, from feeling so sensitive and irritable, a short breakdown at 10dpo, after an argument with a family member (I reacted badly to her aggressiveness), which I know it simply cannot have been good for the chances of conceiving. I also experienced a period of a lot o work at my job, which nonetheless was and is going smoothly and helped me often keep my mind off from the whole 2 week wait.

I am feeling a bit better now. We are taking a one month-break and probably trying another IUI after that, especially because I have done an HSG and we don't want to lose the possible positive effects coming out from that. And then probably, if it doesn't work, we will try to save money for IVF. But after that, gosh, I don't know if I can take this anymore. I really feel worn down. I really would like to go through pregnancy and give birth but I'm starting to wonder what my limit is. I am seen by my friends as quite a strong person, which all makes it even more sad that it is being so hard for me to cope.

Thanks in advance for reading me.

Hi dharma, I can definitely understand how you feel. My partner and I live in Singapore and could not do IUI here either. we had to fly to Thailand to do it. Took us 16 months to get pregnant, after spending thousands of dollars and truly being emotionally drained with the process.

Ironically, we got our bfp doing home insemination wwith a known donor and only getting 1 insemination that month. So I believe as long as you keep trying, it will happen! Keep the faith!

I've been searching all over the internet to find this forum..Finally..

My wife and I have a beautiful 5 year old daughter and are trying for number 2. Our daughter was conceived by NI..we were 19 at the time and it sounded like a wonderful idea..That will not be happening again.

This time we plan on doing home AI..Any tips? words of encouragement? How did you guys conceive? Congratulations to the women who finally are getting a dream come true.

I'm so nervous going in. I fear it is going to be so stressful and overwhelming.

Hi!
Great to find a forum with others in the same position as us! Our story is a longish one, I'm 34 and my DW is 42, we got married a year ago but have been living together for 4 years. DW was trying with a known donor when we started seeing each other but stopped for a while. She had been trying on and off for a number of years without any luck aside from 1 very early MC :'(. I didn't want her to run out of time so we starting trying with a different donor not all that long after we moved in together. We saw a fertility doctor and tried clomid and went for lots of tests over about 2 years, sadly we reached a point where we had to stop. IVF was the only option left and the docs did not believe she was a good candidate, I told my DW that I would support her if we wanted to try anyway but by then I think she had had enough.
We have taken some time to regroup and in the mean time we got married :). My DW needed time to grieve and come to terms with it all and we decided to start with me carrying the baby. We are only 4dpo on our first cycle at this point. it is very exciting but also very nerve wracking. I have PCOS so I am not sure how that is going to affect things. We are doing it all at home AI with a known donor at this stage.

Welcome BABY2COMEONE and TARALYN_M :wave:

What great stories, I see some similarities in each of them to my own. DW and I have been trying forever for #2 and finally we are one day at a time'ing it to our forever baby! If all goes well, we will be expecting #2 in May! I wish you both tremendous luck, and as each of these ladies here knows, I do not mind any questions, or if you want to read through my journal, everyone knows they are welcome. I have many details in there as well as personal information. Please feel free....

Good Luck! :dust:

Hi Taralyn. I know you tried Clomid, but i switched to Femara and it worked much better and its much safer! Its worth a try! Also if your still doing at home try pre-seed and softcups. There are a few threads on here that tell you what to do ill see if i can link it to you. Also get yourself a moonstone, I SWEAR thats what helped us the cycle i got pregnant. Good luck!

I've seen a few people mention soft cups but I've never heard of them... are they available online?

I actually bought them at target I believe there marketed as something you use rather than tampons for your period so check the pad section

MrsMM24 and ebelle,

Thank you so much for your warm replies. I've been loaded with work and was not able to read your answers sooner.

I am feeling a bit better now. Actually, I'm feeling much more my usual self. I guess the plan will really be at least another IUI and then FIV. As for trying at home ebelle, we actually did begin that way. We ordered frozen sperm from the bank and did it at home (with instead cup, preseed, etc) but then figuring out that the 2ww was hard we decided we would like to go next for a clinical solution that would enable us to succeed faster. Well we have not, but that's OK. I've been telling myself now that we're still within the "6 attempts" frame (that they say is the maximum most women have to do that achieve pregnancy).

Moreover, apparently, besides being common, a lot of women do get pregnant within 3 months of having a chemical pregnancy (and I did an HSG last month). Who knows? All I know is that taking breaks is really a necessity for me when it gets too much. And I reached that point this last time. I'm dreading the whole emotional rollercoaster from the fertility treatment during the next attempt (it is damning how vulnerable I am to hormonal imbalances, or excess of hormones), but I am taking a deep breath and saying "OK, bring it on, again". And someone save or pour a lot of patience to the people around me. :)

Plus, I will go on taking raspberry leaf tea (last IUI the nurse said my CM was really good and I was surprised because I am taking Clomid) and I will take baby aspirin again, like I did during the first IUI. Perhaps that will make a difference if I have difficulties with implantation. So I'm trying again. For a moment if felt like was losing the "war", now is more like I just lost another "battle". :)

MrsMM24, I will be checking your journal now. Thanks! :)

hello hello!

so much to tell all of you wonderful ladies..

but first CONGRATS MM!!! i always tell you to stay positive cause you never know what could happen. :happydance:

welcome & :hi: bdizzlesgirl dharma baby2comeon Taralyn_m i am sure you all will find a bunch of helpful info in our little community. everyone here is extremely nice, caring and willing to give much needed advice.

well ladies on sept 12th midday i went into early labor and on sept 13 @ 7:34pm our little girl was here.

introducing baby arabella khalian weighing 7lb 12oz & 20in long

Attachments

• {281a1d9c-ddbc-4241-834c-e65bff2865e1}_5.jpg
    {281a1d9c-ddbc-4241-834c-e65bff2865e1}_5.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1
  • {281a1d9c-ddbc-4241-834c-e65bff2865e1}_8BW.jpg
    {281a1d9c-ddbc-4241-834c-e65bff2865e1}_8BW.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics