Team Rainbow Mummies - Gay Surrogates, Lesbian, Transgender and BiSexual TTC Group

Hi all - just joining back in - my computer was out of for a week and I didn't realise that if you don't look at the babyandbump emails right away, then they stop sending you updates on the thread! Here I am thinking no one is talking, and I've missed all this stuff, duh.

pinkorblue11 - I am so sorry for your loss. You sound really strong re the balloon releasing party and saying you'll try again after Aug 31, but I know it must be really hard. My thoughts to you...

PondHopper - I am SO GLAD you mentioned behaviour during the 2ww! I am a total angel as well - no drinking, sushi, unpasterized, etc., but this month (TTC month 4 with insems yesterday and day before...and maybe later today), I have been thinking "Wait a sec, I am sure that women who have stopped using birth control with their male partners don't stop having wine just because they MAY have had sex around ovulation". I talked to a few straight friends about this, and they confirmed my suspicion :)

I guess I just want to make the conditions as right as possible, but really, it's probably not entirely necessary. I know women who have had wine all through their pregnancy (a glass here and there), but I'm not even drinking in the week leading UP to ovulation, because I don't want to mess up my BBT! I try to tell myself it is just good-behavior prep for actually being pregnant, but sometimes it makes me grumpy.

Question for you all: Anyone use a saliva ferning microscope? Because I just got a perfect ferning result, but I am thinking I may have ovulated sometime in the last 24 hours. Does the ferning still show up AFTER ovulation? I can't seem to find this answer online. The microscope kit just says you are fertile from up to 4 days before to 2 up to 24 hours after O, but isn't totally clear about how this affects ferning.

I'm wondering because I'm trying to decide if I should call our donor for a third donation today. He's very kind and amenable, but I always feel like I don't want to push that friendliness too much. My temp this morning was weird (wondering if I had it in my mouth improperly, because I got two widely different temps in a 15 min span while still in the groggy state). Ahh, it can feel really stressful trying to figure it out sometimes, even though I am SO on it.

Hi Ladies

still sending :hugs: PINKORBLUE

I just wanted to stop in and give a quick update

AFM... I need 1-2 more temps to confirm it, but I think that I am in the TWW for sure! I had 2 donations at the beginning and end the suspected fertile period, so we shall see. My monitor gave me 2 peaks and so I wait!! Still soooo much going on, we are moving into our new house, should be there by the weekend, and work has been super busy, not to mention our DD is finishing up the 3rd grade. I'm updating my journal...:dust:

Hey Wipednwired...Curious, what is ferning? I've done tons of fertility research and you are the first person I've seen use that word.

Hey morriang -- its a saliva test, measured with a microscope. It's a version of an OPK. I use this one, which explains it: https://www.fertile-focus.com/test/saliva-fertility-monitor.html

It's fun but I'm not sure about it's accuracy.

Wipednwired- Thanks for the info.

Today is cd 14 for me. Last cycle, I ovulated cd 13-14 but this cycle I have not tested positive on an OPK yet...but we are using a different kind then last time and I don't like these tests. The one we used last month was the clear blue easy digital so we got a :) or a O which was very clear for a positive or a negative. This time we have First Response ones with the lines and it is terrible to tell if they are positive or negative. Also this round, we decided to take 50mg of Clomid on cd 3-7 to help increase our chances of getting pregnant, so they may have messed with my cycle so maybe I haven't ovulated yet and I'll be a little late this cycle.

If we don't get pregnant this round, next month we are upping the Clomid to 100mg on cd 4-8 and going to use an HCG trigger shot to stimulate ovulation and also we are going to try to do at home IUI. I would have never even thought that at home IUI was possible but someone mentioned it on another site I use and it is totally possible! So we order a little kit that was only like $24...Totally worth increasing the chances of pregnancy but bypassing the cervix and depositing in the uterus! We are really hoping it takes this time. Though we haven't been positive for ovulation yet, we did inseminate the cd 11, 12 not 13, today we will which is cd 14...after that we won't inseminate anymore this cycle but I'll continue to test for ovulation incase the Clomid is causing a late ovulation...if we eventually test positive, we will inseminate for those couple days. Fingers crossed that we get something to stick this round.

Good luck and baby dust to all :) Oh, do any of you currently use or plan to use cloth diapers? We are going to use them and looking for some reviews on different brands other people use so we can decide which ones...there are so many kinds! We may just buy a bunch of different brands for awhile and see what we like best. I'm really excited cause there are such fun colors and designs to choose from!

Wipednwired Thanks for your reply about behaviour during the 2ww. I have been really struggling with that. Mostly because I am going on a holiday next week, which will be during the 2ww and if it's ok to drink wine and go jet skiing, I want to!! I spoke to a doctor here (which I am never sure I want to trust because the NHS GP's seem so busy that I'm not sure they really listen to my question) and he said there is nothing to prove that a little of the otherwise restricted food and alcohol will stop an implementation- he said same thing goes with activities. But I dunno.... :wacko:

morriang A lot of my friends in the States rave about Bum Genius for cloth diapers. I think they offer a free trial too.

MrsMM lots of :dust: to you!!

Has anyone in the UK managed to get clomid? If so, what did you have to do to get it?

Afm I think I should ovulate this weekend, and our donor is available, so it looks like I'll be entering the 2ww just in time for my holiday. This is only my second time trying and I'm already feeling pessimistic about the likelihood of getting pregnant using a syringe and fresh :spermy: I just don't feel deep down that it's going to work. I think I have just wanted it so badly for so long that now that I'm trying, it's hard to believe I'll get there....

We are so frustrated. Last month I ovulated on the 13-14th cd and we figured it would be the same since I'm very regular. Well we started the insemination processes on about cd12-cd15 but I just now on cd 17, am ovulating. We are using a little different OPK this round...we usually use Clear Blue Easy digital with the smiley face for a positive but this time we got First Response OPK and it is one with the lines and I swear they are so hard to read but we were pretty sure they were negative up until now, todays looked totally positive. We called our donor and haven't been able to get ahold of him yet today...a lot of time it is hard to get ahold of him which adds to the frustration, so hopefully he gets back to me by today. Was hoping that we could do it early in the day today which doesn't look like its going to happen so probably tonight and hopefully again early tomorrow.

OH, have any of you tried to do at home IUI? My partner and I were looking into it and bought this kit that has a syringe, catheter, speculum and specimen cup...we have practiced a couple times and basically my partner inserts the speculum and locates my cervix, then she inserts the catheter that is attached to the syringe and also includes the sperm...being sure to not have air in it. Then we heard you should go in 4 inches and deposit it into the uterus but the issue is that we read that you should not put straight semen into the uterus as it can cause infection because it basically pisses off the uterus...so we decided to do at home ICI which is cervical insemination...so instead of going in 4 inches, she is going going to go in .5 to 1 inch and deposit it into the cervix and it can swim up to the uterus. We feel that doing it this way rather then must a vaginal insemination will give the sperm a jump start in the direction it needs to head. I'll let ya guys know how it works out if we are able to try it today/tomorrow.

hi ladies!!!

i havent seen any new posting lately. i am hoping that everybody is ok and doing well.

wishing you all loads of baby :dust:

:hugs:

Hey everyone-
Hope everyone is doing well!!!
We had dd may 15th she is such a blessing!

Hoping everyone is well and lots of dust and hugs!!

Hi Ready! :) How are you feeling these days?

Congrats Wilsons!!!! :D I'll bet she's a cutie pie!

Hey everyone-
Hope everyone is doing well!!!
We had dd may 15th she is such a blessing!

Hoping everyone is well and lots of dust and hugs!!

:pink: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :pink:

I hope everyone is healthy and happy.

hi i have been with my life partner for 5 years and a TTC both at the same time because we want to be rainbow mummies together xxx

Hiya

Glad I've finally found a LGBT thread! Me and my partner are trying to conceive using donor sperm and are on our 3rd IUI (6dpo). We believe the 1st one was chemical and the second one the timing was very wrong as I appear to have ovulated 2 days later.

Is anyone else doing natural IUI's? How did you time them?

I hope this is a lucky month for us all. At £1,700 a go it's hard to think of another failed attempt so we're staying positive....

CD3 for me.

Had my 1st appt this cycle and it went well. Can't wait!
:dust:

Hiya

Glad I've finally found a LGBT thread! Me and my partner are trying to conceive using donor sperm and are on our 3rd IUI (6dpo). We believe the 1st one was chemical and the second one the timing was very wrong as I appear to have ovulated 2 days later.

Is anyone else doing natural IUI's? How did you time them?

I hope this is a lucky month for us all. At £1,700 a go it's hard to think of another failed attempt so we're staying positive....

Hey there, we are practically on the same cycle!

I do BBT charting and OPK digital tests. the OPK tests are great and let you know you will be ovulating within 12-36 hrs. The BBT charts give you a great visual of when you did ovulate.
do you chart?

me and my partners month not going too well our donor has injured his back and is on meds so this cycle canceled :(

lol he is being a wuss about it tbh but im biased with being in pain every day lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->