Team Rainbow Mummies - Gay Surrogates, Lesbian, Transgender and BiSexual TTC Group

Heya everyone :hi:

I haven't been on here too much because I am on VACA in my hometown San Diego. Been having a really good time. :winkwink: Had my surgery about 3 weeks ago and then a week later I think I Ov'd just based on previous cycles. No temping or charting or Opks this month because of my wacky sleep schedule. I am EXTREMELY late for AF to arrive. We inseminated around CD21-25 and have tested and all are :bfn: and no :af: so not too sure what is going on with my body. I think I am CD 44 or 45 right now. I usually have around 35-36 day cycle. So this is definitely strange for me. Could be the surgery messen up my body or hcg isn't picken up, which I find weird. When I get back from vaca, if I haven't started :af:, then I will go to dr for bloods in such.

How is everyone else doin?:hugs:

SNL- Im sorry hun that af is coming. :hugs: These times are definitely hard specially when you see everyone else preggors or with new child. My BF has a 3month old and I love him but you just want your own to hold. FX for you that next cycle is it for you sweets.:hugs:

Savvi- Sounds like you got everything covered! Good luck to you girls! :hugs: FX and :dust to ya that this is it!

Well girls I must rest up. Got another fun filled day tomorrow! Chat with ya'll sometime soon. Take Care.

Hi everyone - my wife and I are trying to have a baby too. Went to the GP yesterday to kick off proceedings, and am now coming off the nasty prescription drugs I'm on for neuro pain and am taking folic acid etc. We're hoping we can get a few IUI cycles on the NHS, but still waiting for a decision there. Worst thing I can think about at the mo is I have to go for a smear test (never had one before) and I'm feeling utterly nauseous about that. My wifey says I should get used to it because everyone and their dog will be attending to that region soon! Urgh! What we have to put up with eh? :dohh:

hi everyone! i hope you don't mind me stalking this thread. i'm straight but am going to TTC via sperm donation next year and don't feel i entirely fit anywhere else in terms of my method of TTC. hope that makes sense!

wishing everyone lots of :dust:

Hi Rosie,

Try https://www.babyandbump.com/problem...onsidering-home-insemination-donor-sperm.html. It's really helpful!! Good luck

Hi everyone,
Hope we can join lol My name is Anna im 21 and my gf Emma is 23 (today lol) we've been together for 4 years and engaged for 3 of them. Since meeting Emma i've felt like this was going to last forever and that I wanted to have kids with her and grow old with her!

We are going to have our first 'try' this weekend (hopefully I ovulate friday)
Our donor is our friend. He had to chat with his bf about being a donor for us first so we kinda missed the last month. I'm hopefull for this month!

Good luck to every one of you!!!
x Anna & Emma x

I have a question girls, I know u all have partners but what if my DH sperm count is low? and a friend is willing to help out? and give his sperm to us? and I have to do it with a syringe? you think the odds of getting pg are higher using the syringe?
I know its so much cheaper then getting a donor and paying for it when I know this guy for years and years... advice please???

Hi everyone,
Hope we can join lol My name is Anna im 21 and my gf Emma is 23 (today lol) we've been together for 4 years and engaged for 3 of them. Since meeting Emma i've felt like this was going to last forever and that I wanted to have kids with her and grow old with her!

We are going to have our first 'try' this weekend (hopefully I ovulate friday)
Our donor is our friend. He had to chat with his bf about being a donor for us first so we kinda missed the last month. I'm hopefull for this month!

Good luck to every one of you!!!
x Anna & Emma x
good luck hunni :dust:

good luck to everyone.
we are a gay couple (lesbian) lol.
we tried at home insemination in september and after the first cycle the donor who was a friend dropped out for some reason and then found out in november it had worked and then a week later my partner suffered a miscarriage at 9 weeks, we then had to find another donor and found the perfect donor and did the first cycle beginning of June and we tested 2 weeks later and it worked again, this was utter shock as my partner was told 18 months ago that in 12 months she would be vertially infertile.
since then we have had 2 scares due to severe pain and bleeding. we think it was either the endometriosis or burst cyst, then bleeding again which on the scan showed 25% of the sac was blood so risk of miscarriage.
had dating scan last week which showed everything fine no blood but low placenta.
everyday is a milestone for us.
we cant find a thread for pregnant lesbian couple like us i hope you dont mind me posting on here?
stacey

Theres a few of us spread between a few threads!!! Most of us are still TTC, but there's a few pregnant girls! Congrats!

I have a question girls, I know u all have partners but what if my DH sperm count is low? and a friend is willing to help out? and give his sperm to us? and I have to do it with a syringe? you think the odds of getting pg are higher using the syringe?
I know its so much cheaper then getting a donor and paying for it when I know this guy for years and years... advice please???

There's no proof that using a syringe works any better, sorry! Good luck tho!

hi peeps i saw this thread and thought id have a nosey i am in a hetrosexual marriage but i wish you all the luck in the world everyone that wants a baby should be allowed whether same sex or not good luck and baby dust to all xx

Hi.

My sister and her wife are trying so hard to complete their family, and it breaks my heart to witness their struggle.

After over two years of adoption planning, (and following the introduction of a trial psychologywatsit test they were made to take), they were finally told last year that they were unsuitable to be adoptive parents, and were completely incompatable with each other!!
I'm sorry, but a 30 minute test conducted by a complete stranger, does not paint an accurate picture of a relationship. They have been together for 10 years, and are the most perfectly suited couple you could meet!

Anywho, they battled through this initial heartache, and came out on the other side more determined that ever. Towards the end of last year they decided that my sister would try to conceive using IVF.

They had two embryos implanted in May, however this first attempt failed.
Another two were implanted in September, but unfortunately my sister informed us yesterday this had also been unsuccesful.

I'm absolutely gutted. They're desperate to have a child.

They have two embryos left - these will hopefully be implanted close to Christmas.

How likely is it that this will be third time lucky? How many attempts does it take on average before a successful IVF conception? What would be the next step for them if the third attempt failed?

I apologise for my micro rant at the adoption process...

hi,

i really feel for your sister and its so nice to see her famly are behind her and so supportive.
me and my partner would more than likely be unsuitable for adoption or fostering we went with AI and this has been really successful for us, 1st cycle we are pregnant.
im sorry i cant advice on IVF
i suppose the only thing is if they dont try they will never know.
x

Hey girls,

I am slightly new to this site and EXCITED to find this thread. My partner and I have been together for almost 4 and half years. We are TTC #1 and doing in home insemination via a donor. We are debating whether to use preseed or pre conceive plus? Its hard enough for "us" to conceive so I am trying it ALL!! :winkwink::winkwink:

I am currently taking Clomid 100mg (for Endo issues), Maca, pre nats, folic acid, b6, b12, vit C, baby aspirin 81mg, and robitussin.

Just not sure what to buy as far as preseed vs. pre conceive plus.

Best wishes ladies. :hugs::hugs:

* if you dont mind me asking how are you and your partner trying? My wife and I want to try the at home also and i would love to have someon to talk to about it. *:flower:

Hey girls,

I am slightly new to this site and EXCITED to find this thread. My partner and I have been together for almost 4 and half years. We are TTC #1 and doing in home insemination via a donor. We are debating whether to use preseed or pre conceive plus? Its hard enough for "us" to conceive so I am trying it ALL!! :winkwink::winkwink:

I am currently taking Clomid 100mg (for Endo issues), Maca, pre nats, folic acid, b6, b12, vit C, baby aspirin 81mg, and robitussin.

Just not sure what to buy as far as preseed vs. pre conceive plus.

Best wishes ladies. :hugs::hugs:

* if you dont mind me asking how are you and your partner trying? My wife and I want to try the at home also and i would love to have someon to talk to about it. *:flower:

Sorry it took awhile to write back. I just had a D&C yesterday and still coping with this whole MC thing. We used softcups and preseed. Our donor did his thing in the softcup then my OH took it and inserted it in me up towards my cervix. Before we inserted the cup we put a whole tube of preseed in me about 15-30 min before we inserted it. I was also on clomid at the time and that helped with OV. I sure hope you guys get your BFP soon. You can send me a PM if you want to. I would love to help in any way I can.

Right now waiting for AF to return. If its not here in 2 weeks then will force start it with prometrium so we can begin IUI. We are going the IUI route because we only have our donor until March. So we are doing everything we can to increase our chances.

I wish you the best of luck hun!:hugs:

i am so sorry you had a mc. I have not a clue how to pm on here lol i am so new to everything. this site however has gave my oh and I the confidence to keep trying. if you would like to im me on aim our name is tenleys306 or facebook us tenleys306 i would love to chat with someone who is also trying and to keep storys going as friends.

Hey ladies,

Just wondered if any of you are based in the south west-ish of the UK? We're in Gloucester and would really like to meet up with some other 2 mummy families...so Bristol, oxford, cardiff, swindon, hereford Worcester...would be great!

xxx

I just stumbled onto this thread, and thankfully so. My partner and I have been together 6 years and started TTC three months ago, with my partner being the biomom. We are doing at-home insemination with a donor, using softcups.

Our biggest obstacle at the moment is getting familiar with timing our inseminations. We're using OPKs and tracking BBT. We have it narrowed down to the week in which she is most fertile, but timing is the most important thing and I always start freaking out, wondering if we're doing it on the best days. I know there's no right answer but ugh...so much anxiety about it.

She ovulates between CD15 and CD20 pretty consistently, so this month we did an insem on CD15, doing another insem tonight [CD17], and plan to do another either the day of her positive OPK or the day after.

I have yet to find a LGBT TTC group that's active at all, and I'd LOVE to hear about people's experiences and/or success stories that are going through similar journeys. Because it really IS hard to relate to heterosexual couples when it comes to TTC...and there aren't any same-sex couples in our area that we know, and the few we know in the state aren't even close to wanting to TTC. Anyway, I hope to see some fresh posts in the future! This thread is awesome :)

so is this trying to conceive group?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"