Team Rainbow Mummies - Gay Surrogates, Lesbian, Transgender and BiSexual TTC Group

I wudn't trust it either, and I def wudn't be giving out ur address and number to a stranger!!!! It does sound odd, maybe he's just covering his back? I say get his number and arrange a time when you can call him, he should be ok with that, if not then Id stay well clear!
I do know that one donor we used, we only had contact when he was bringing the 'stuff' cus he lived near us, maybe he doesn't wat you to be able to identify him in the street?

Aha! I've found some two mommy families at last! Talk to me, share your experiences! My wife and I will be TTC in the summer and I would LOVE to make some friends on here and for us all to share our journeys together :)

welcome! feel free to add our Rainbow mummies thingy to ur sig! :) There's a few of us on here now!!

Its not as lonely as it used to be when I first joined :rofl:

Hello all -- nice to see some new faces around here *waves*

GFs job is safe, thank goodness, so full steam ahead with our waiting to TTC (at least from my pov lol)

I'm off work at the moment with bronchitis and a broken toe -- don't do things by halves do I ?! haha!
Scared her yesterday when I said I really want to have a baby in my arms by the time I'm 28...she thought that was this year !! It's not until August next year, lol. bless her. We went to see her ex-brother in law's baby yesterday, which was the first time since she was about 16 that she's held a baby...and it went surprisingly well. In my head I want to start TTC in March this year, so that we have a baby here all being well for Christmas, but I know in my head she'll never agree to that.

*sigh* all this wishing my life away is rubbish !!

She might come round!!! How did u break ur toe?! I've broke mines loadsa times lol. My OH hasn't held a baby since my 2 year old niece was a baby, but now there's a 3 week old one, we're gona see her tomro, that'll be fun!! All I do is wish my life away lol, I wana be pregnant for Pride in August, and have a baby by Xmas, realistically it could takes agessss!!

Hello all -- nice to see some new faces around here *waves*

GFs job is safe, thank goodness, so full steam ahead with our waiting to TTC (at least from my pov lol)

I'm off work at the moment with bronchitis and a broken toe -- don't do things by halves do I ?! haha!
Scared her yesterday when I said I really want to have a baby in my arms by the time I'm 28...she thought that was this year !! It's not until August next year, lol. bless her. We went to see her ex-brother in law's baby yesterday, which was the first time since she was about 16 that she's held a baby...and it went surprisingly well. In my head I want to start TTC in March this year, so that we have a baby here all being well for Christmas, but I know in my head she'll never agree to that.

*sigh* all this wishing my life away is rubbish !!

Ouch! That must've hurt...it kills when you even stub your toe but to break it?! Hope you're resting.

I know exactly how you feel about wishing your life away. I wake up every day and try my hardest not to, but in the back of my mind (and a lot of the time in the front too!) I'm wishing that time would pass quicker :wacko:

I just stubbed it on the door -- I'm so clumsy!! It's all swollen and bruised now and I'm exhausted from hopping around as I can;'t put my foot to the floor yet !! It's all quite funny really :haha:

I fancy a cuppa so am going to have to drink it in the kitchen or I'll slosh it all over the place trying to hop back to the settee with it :-D

Have some exciting news to share -- i spent most of yesterday pestering my gf to come up with a date when we can start ttc and she came home from work and said April!! As in, 3 months from now !!! I'm so excited I could jump around the house screaming (well I would if I didn't have a broken toe ha!)

She said we can start looking for a suitable donor in April, so fingers crossed it wont be long after that.

I've been charting since December, but my cycles are ridiculously messed up when I'm stressed, and what with the threat of redundancy I haven't seen af since the beginning of December. But my temp has been higher for the past 3 days so I'm hoping she's on her way. *tries to be calm*

Thats great news!!!! April isn't that far off!!!

Aaaaand can I just announce the latest addition to the rainbow family!! I'm due 2 days b4 my birthday! Early days yet, but fxd!!!!! :happydance:

Congrats lizzie... and thats great news allstars xxx

we have been offered by two donors on the co-parent site but we are still in discussion about it..... one of them doesnt want to meet face-to-face and wants his identity protecting so we cant claim csa on him (????) baffles us considering we have said we would not want any contact from the sperm donor but hey ho what will be will be!!! :)

Congratulations Lizzie !!! that's so exciting !!!

Sam#3 - how would you receive his donation if he doesn't want to meet face to face?? How odd!! Still, good news about the other one ...hope it works out for you :-D

I was talking to my manager on facebook chat last night (as you do, lol) and, long story short, I was moaning a bit about wanting to get a new job but not being able to because if I did then chances are I wouldn't be in the new place long enough to qualify for full maternity pay...and he was asking about the ins and outs of what we're wanting to do...and then offered to be our donor !!! He's leaving work on Friday, got a new job, so I won't get chance to talk to him properly about it for a while...but we chatted online for a bit and he is deadly serious!!! My OH wasn't overly impressed, probably because he's a bit chubby and going bald at 36, but I was so touched that he'd offer to do that for us!! I may be able to talk the OH round, seeing as he's the type of person she wants, arty and creative...and he has brown hair -- it's important to her to have a donor with similar physical characteristics to her (even though I secretly want a blonde haired blue eyed baby like me lol)

Yay! Congrats Lizzie Moon! I'm so excited for you! Sending sticky bean dust your way!

I am in tww. Did two IUIs this week at my Dr's office with my donor's sperm. I also did Clomid this month and an hcg trigger shot...had good follicles....good sperm count...fingers crossed!

Keep us posted on how you are doing!
EPD

Thats great news!!!! April isn't that far off!!!

Aaaaand can I just announce the latest addition to the rainbow family!! I'm due 2 days b4 my birthday! Early days yet, but fxd!!!!! :happydance:

Congratulations! :hugs:

:dust:

Hello all -- for those of you who already have children (and those that don't if you fancy chipping on :)) I have a question:

In your your daily routine, does one of you do a traditional 'mummy' role, and one do a 'daddy' role? For example, the 'mummy' one of you gets up baby, dresses them and feeds them breakfast whilst the 'daddy' helps out a bit then goes off to work. The 'mummy' one works part time, or doesn't work so she can look after baby and house, then in the evenings cooks (or they share cooking) and share bath time and bed time?

How does it work for you?

What about if you're breast feeding?

The reason I'm asking (and yes I do have one haha!) is that my gf and I had a bit of an arguement the other day and it seems she thinks it's unfair that I get to do everything...such as maternity leave, work part time and look after baby. But my point is that as I'll be breastfeeding (hopefully) then I'll need to be the one on maternity leave. And after spending all that time with me little one, I am not about to go rushing back to work full time. I get that she wants to work part time and spend time with the little one too, but don't all families have to come to some sort of compromise on this? I know there are house-husbands around, but it's not all that common... gah...I can see this becoming an issue!! :(

Anyway, rant over...what are your routines/thoughts?

^ My ex and I split everything. She had the baby, and breastfed, but went back to work when he was 6 weeks old and I quit my job. She still breastfed for the first year- expressing like crazy, so i'd be feeding him bottle breastmilk. It worked really well for us and massively helped my bonding with my son- I felt like I had a 'proper' role.

We were fortunate though that our jobs allowed us to do that. Just after he turned one, I went back to work part time and she reduced her house to part time too and that worked just as well for us- lots of family time, lots of one on one time with him each.

You just have to find a balance that works for you both- as the non bio mum I think it's super important to have that extra time, but that's just my opinion. It is very easy to fall into mummy/daddy roles, but then as two women things just flow easier anyway.

:)

I'm super possessive about having a baby, sometimes I think it would be better for me to do it on my own :(

If I'm going to breastfeed I want to do it properly...I don't mind expressing so that my gf can help with the night feeds or something, but most of the time I want my baby feeding directly from me iyswim?

We've talked about having 2 or 3 children, so she can have the next one, and have the maternity leave etc etc ...but the practicalities of having a child she isn't really interested in, too icky and ouchy lol.

Lots to talk about it seems!!! *sigh*

I'm super possessive about having a baby, sometimes I think it would be better for me to do it on my own :(

If I'm going to breastfeed I want to do it properly...I don't mind expressing so that my gf can help with the night feeds or something, but most of the time I want my baby feeding directly from me iyswim?

We've talked about having 2 or 3 children, so she can have the next one, and have the maternity leave etc etc ...but the practicalities of having a child she isn't really interested in, too icky and ouchy lol.

Lots to talk about it seems!!! *sigh*

I'm sure that once you're pregnant and when you have the baby, things will straighten themselves out...I think women have an intuitive way of working together, especially when there is a baby involved! Your OH just needs some time, she's probably working herself up as she's feeling a multitude of different emotions when the word 'baby' is mentioned. Once it becomes a reality she'll probably have more perspective, and you will too! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->