Team Rainbow Mummies - Gay Surrogates, Lesbian, Transgender and BiSexual TTC Group

lol, I know loads of couples with the same name! Is it not really weird? My ex and her gf have the same name, freaks me out lol

lol, I know loads of couples with the same name! Is it not really weird? My ex and her gf have the same name, freaks me out lol

It is really weird!! We don't call each other by our names, because it's weird calling your own name out? So we have pet names for each other at home, but it's still strange in other people's company...especially if someone shouts "Laura?" -- I automatically ignore it now cos it's never me haha!

Oooh now that is pretty cool, we have a distinct lack of gay friends. All my friends from school have moved away to do bigger and better things! :haha:

Yeah so do we - as in, we have no gay friends, not around here anyway. But come to think of it, we have hardly any friends at all here. My friends from school have moved away and are scattered across the world and since moving back here in 2008 (we lived in Herefordshire for 18 months 06-07) we haven't made any friends...a couple of people from work but nobody we'd really want to see out of work *sigh* Feeling sorry for myself again now, haha! :haha:

Evening all :)

How's everyone's weekends been?

Mine has been brilliant :D We did Valentines Day on Saturday because we just couldn't wait!! We went for a lovely drive in the countryside with a mix CD of lots of special songs. Then I cooked scallops in lemon and red pepper butter for lunch, and my OH cooked venison steak on a bed of baby spinach with a red wine and mushroom sauce :cloud9: This has definitely been the best VD out of the 5 we've had!!

Just made me realise how much I am looking forward to a LO to complete our family :)

My GF and I were talking about babies yesterday(like I do all the time) and I believe we've agreed to start TTC in the beginning of 2011 :) Yay!

She's still slightly scared by the idea. I think it sometimes overwhelms her just how much I want to be a mummy!

woo! thats great!! Are you going the clinic or donor route? I'm excited for you! :happydance:

We're going the clinic route, I've set up a second savings account in January titled 'baby fund' LOL
The private donor thing terrifies me, maybe once money runs out we'll consider it again.

There's a bunch of private clinics in London and NHS clinics offering private services to same sex couples, so we have quite the choice here.
Will drag her to the Fertility show in November as well as the 'open day' of the London Women Clinic later this year[they do them every month].

Very, very excited...we'd been hinting but never talked about when we'd start...
We're going on Holiday in February and I said we could try and arrange to time it so we'd know by then if the first 'try' worked :)

congrats on getting a ttc date honey xx

Rainbow mummies on One born every minute, channel 4 UK!!!

Hello you luverly ladies,

I was wondering if I can join this fabulous team.
I think it's great to be able to talk to other Lesbian couples TTC.
(I am from the States so I hope that's okay. :) )

New to BnB so please excuse my stumbling around on here.

Welcome to our club :) Are you ttc already, or just thinking about it?

Hi all.... Can I join in?? :)

I too am in a lesbian relationship and TTC... been reading about so many BD's that I didn't feel comfortable talking much in those forums... we did at home insemination last week and am waiting to test now(ish).. currently 8 dpo so still early days.

babydust to all :)

hey all :) im not really sure if i fit into this catergory just yet as me and my kind-of-OH are not technically together just yet. it's an EXTREMELY complicated story and if you look in the 'teen pregnancy' section at the post called 'my best friend', you will find the whole story :)

my k-o-OH (tehe) is 14 weeks pregnant now and i'm actually really excited. it's a weird feeling because i feel oddly connected to baby bean already, though she or he is just a bump and is not related to me in any way? but already....ok it sounds really corny...but i love the little bump :)

it's going to be an extremely tough ride, not so much now as next year when i'm supposed to be going to university in september. there is so so much to sort out as we are planning on finding a flat together, whether we become partners again or just best friends.

it's a scary thought that i'm only 16 (yes no patronising please, hehe) and such a big commitment is going to take place. i would be a second mummy to a baby. ....that's incredibly scary, yet absolutely fantastic and i cannot wait! i actually think i'm more excited than my k-o-OH! tehe.

:) sorry about the babble, just needed to get it off my chest i guess. i've been judged a lot so far on this forum which quite upset me, and judge me if you will for my age or the situation itself because it is extremely confusing and complicated. but i prefer my life to be exciting than to be same-old :) well, for now!

thanks for reading :D
Lora xx

welcome Lora, I'm off to read your story
*hugs*

I'm Jessy, the mommy of baby bean Lora was talking about.
I think I'll be visiting this thread a little more to ask for advice etc, I think things are going to get complicated and I'm not good under pressure nevermind now I've got a bun in the oven! haha. :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->