Team Tick Tock~35+ TTC~Racing to Beat the Clock!

My hubbs is so involved in my TTC journey, maybe a bit to excited :happydance: Anywho, he has the password to my FF chart and he comes in with his deep voice and says "do you want to go to CVS" and i'm thinking, for what? He says "well you are a day past you luteal it's the day to test" lol.....

I said in my deep voice "well, how about we let nature take it's course?" needless to say, he braved the icy streets to go and pick up a test. He wants to know.

HELP ME!!!!! I'm just not ready to :test: and a few more days will tell the story... Bad enough I have been walking around with white tissue in hand swiping on the hour checking for period lol..........

He has to really get back to work :)

My hubbs is so involved in my TTC journey, maybe a bit to excited :happydance: Anywho, he has the password to my FF chart and he comes in with his deep voice and says "do you want to go to CVS" and i'm thinking, for what? He says "well you are a day past you luteal it's the day to test" lol.....

I said in my deep voice "well, how about we let nature take it's course?" needless to say, he braved the icy streets to go and pick up a test. He wants to know.

HELP ME!!!!! I'm just not ready to :test: and a few more days will tell the story...

That is just so sweet! What a great hubby! I'm probably not the right person to answer this because I'm a test freak. LOL. Between a BFN test or the bloody witch's arrival, I'd rather see one line. But that's me. Do what you feel is best. And if you test, please share the results. Fingers crossed! :thumbup:

Negative on the HPT ladies! My hubbs look like tears were forming in his eyeballs:cry: I feel like we will get there soon enough.

He enjoys the charting, so it's a yes to continue with that.

What i will be doing new this month, hmmmm.....
  • Praying harder
  • Incorporating more Greens into my diet
  • More soy milk mixed with Maca (daily)
  • Sticking to my vitamin regimen
  • Continuing with my raspberry & pregnancy teas
  • Staying positive

Have a good evening all!!

Negative on the HPT ladies! My hubbs look like tears were forming in his eyeballs:cry: I feel like we will get there soon enough.

He enjoys the charting, so it's a yes to continue with that.

What i will be doing new this month, hmmmm.....
  • Praying harder
  • Incorporating more Greens into my diet
  • More soy milk mixed with Maca (daily)
  • Sticking to my vitamin regimen
  • Continuing with my raspberry & pregnancy teas
  • Staying positive

Have a good evening all!!

Well that stinks! TTC is an emotional journey, that's for sure! :hugs: It's really hard to be patient for that BFP, but you will get there! I love your plan for next cycle! Awesome PMA! :thumbup:

InLUv- sorry about the bfn but love your positive outlook!

Taebo- I am currently cd12 waiting to O, I usually do on my own, Ive been doing opk's for the past 3 days now so that I don't miss my chance!

Its a full time job and an addiction! We spend an entire cycle charting, observing and planning-its wild!:haha: BUT the good thing is we learn, experiment, experience, share, laugh and cry the entire way. I don't think I would have it any other way truth be told.:hugs:

AFM, I am relaxing :coffee: while I wait out :witch:. We did not get any BDing in and I ovulated on the 9th. I am excited to move onto my next cycle so I can get to my next fertile period which should be Feb. 4th and 5th.

You Ladies have an awesome day!:thumbup:

flibbrtygibbt--:wave: Welcome! We're happy to have you! Thanks for joining in, we love getting to know new team members. :flower:

FutureMommie--You're at my favorite part of the cycle; O time! The time when we can actively make this thing HAPPEN! :happydance:

Dyme_Diva40--You're right! This TTC mission is a full time addiction for me as well! Good luck on your next cycle! :dust:

AFM, the :witch: arrived at 12am last night...so technically today was cd1 for me. There was no big devastation, as I knew she was on her way. But the worst part was putting the info into FF and seeing a whole new chart open up. I hate that part! I'm going to try with all my might this cycle. Look out witch, I'm going to do my best to keep you away for a very long time! :grr:

I talked to an old friend today and she acted like she thought it was neat that I wanted another child. However, she did proceed to tell me how much harder a pregnancy is on an "older" women. (She is childless by choice.) I told her that I've been working out for 4 years and am more physically fit than I was when I had my first child (at 20). I know this doesn't mean there can't be complications, but she was mostly talking about energy level during pregnancy and keeping up with a toddler. But heck, I can out run and out TaeBo :ninja: all of my kids! LOL.

Have a wonderful night, ladies!

I am of the mindset you are only as old as you feel. Kids keep you young and invigorated, do not let her steal your joy!

Our son is 8 and keeps us busy and engaged. OH is 35 I am 40 and we are having fun on the journey to #2...:happydance:

TaeBo- sorry the witch showed but I have my FX this cycle for you. Don't be discourage by anything anyone says! If another child is what you want you should continue to go for it.

Dyme_Diva40--I agree with you. You're as old as you feel. My husband works at a medical facility and he is still amazed at how drastically different people can be at the same age. And you're right, kids have a way of keeping you younger. I'm also enjoying this baby-making process with hubby. Not just the physical process:blush:, but this shared mission has really brought us even closer together.

FutureMommie--Aww, thanks for your support and encouragement. Wow, I just re-read my last post to you...where I say that you're at my favorite part of the cycle...I have no idea why it says "just be O". LOL. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I had a few kids standing behind me trying to talk to me! I'm going to go edit that. You guys must have been thinking, 'what the heck is she talking about!'.

I took an FSH test this morning to see if my eggs were feeling too :jo:, but by golly the test says :thumbup:!!! I'm so happy! Just wanted to share! So how are you ladies spending your weekend? My dad and sister are coming over today for Christmas. Better late than never! :haha:

I took an FSH test this morning to see if my eggs were feeling too :jo:, but by golly the test says :thumbup:!!! I'm so happy! Just wanted to share! So how are you ladies spending your weekend? My dad and sister are coming over today for Christmas. Better late than never! :haha:

I have considered getting one of those
I just never knew if they were accurate

Have fun with your family!!!
I once hosted Christmas in June so its all good!!

@TaeBoMama, that'S great that your eggs are still alive, kicking, and well :happydance: I had planned to take that test as well, however missed my mark. This morning was CD3 and it has to be performed on time. Well, next month i will remember to do this for sure.

Spending the weekend with the family. Hubbs grilled some lamb yummy.......

AFM, I believe the iron pills that i've been prescribed have shortened my menstrual cycle:happydance: I'm down to light flow on CD3 and normally i have a 6-7 day cycle. Ahhhhh, i just may be on to something here. Lighter flow, the more iron remains in my reserve=better chances to conceive.

My "O" time begins somewhere around the 24th, can't wait :) Feels like a good month!!:dust: We are also considering a foster child, however that is all talk at this point yet may be a future decision. We will still continue TTC regardless or at least for the next year.

Nite Nite ladies i'm so sleepy YAWN:sleep:

@TaeBoMama, that'S great that your eggs are still alive, kicking, and well :happydance: I had planned to take that test as well, however missed my mark. This morning was CD3 and it has to be performed on time. Well, next month i will remember to do this for sure.

Spending the weekend with the family. Hubbs grilled some lamb yummy.......

AFM, I believe the iron pills that i've been prescribed have shortened my menstrual cycle:happydance: I'm down to light flow on CD3 and normally i have a 6-7 day cycle. Ahhhhh, i just may be on to something here. Lighter flow, the more iron remains in my reserve=better chances to conceive.

My "O" time begins somewhere around the 24th, can't wait :) Feels like a good month!!:dust: We are also considering a foster child, however that is all talk at this point yet may be a future decision. We will still continue TTC regardless or at least for the next year.

Nite Nite ladies i'm so sleepy YAWN:sleep:

Actually, the FSH is supposed to be done on cd3, which was today for me. Then you can repeat on cd4 and cd5. But I only have one more test. I love the idea of fostering...but I wouldn't be able to handle the departures. I have a few friends who do it, and I don't know how they survive those goodbyes. :cry: But I'm happy there are folks who can do it, because the kids certainly need them. Happy to hear you're seeing positive results with the iron. :thumbup:

I don't think this is the most accurate test available. Basically, if it were positive (showing that your FSH level is high), it would give you reason to be concerned. But I don't think a negative (like I got today) is a sure fire sign that all is okay. I think you can still have a highish FSH level that this test just can't detect. Even so, I was so happy to only see ONE line! :haha: I'll be talking to my GYN about doing a proper test for my eggies since I'll be seeing her in a couple weeks. But until then, I feel some relief that they are probably okay. :happydance: The tests were Internet cheapies: $1.99 each.

Wow, Christmas in June! I don't feel so bad now. LOL.

I don't think this is the most accurate test available. Basically, if it were positive (showing that your FSH level is high), it would give you reason to be concerned. But I don't think a negative (like I got today) is a sure fire sign that all is okay. I think you can still have a highish FSH level that this test just can't detect. Even so, I was so happy to only see ONE line! :haha: I'll be talking to my GYN about doing a proper test for my eggies since I'll be seeing her in a couple weeks. But until then, I feel some relief that they are probably okay. :happydance: The tests were Internet cheapies: $1.99 each.

Wow, Christmas in June! I don't feel so bad now. LOL.

HAHAH Thanks for the info on the tests
Yes we had Christmas in june
We put up the tree and everything
Actually there was no real reason for it other than I love Christmas and thought it would be fun!
But we had a holiday meal and a whit elephant present exchange
It was GREAT!

Hey ladies!

I went out to dinner with a friend last night and I saw the sweetest family. The parents looked to be in their 40's and they had 6 kiddos. The youngest were twin girls, about 9 months old. I told my friend to go ask the woman if they were conceived naturally...but for some reason she wouldn't. :haha: Of course I'd never ask such a question, but I really did want to know. :blush: I know us 'older' gals have an increased chance for twins--and I'd love that. I've read that yams can increase your chances for twins. Speaking of which, I need to go add some yams to my dinner lineup tonight! : )

How are you ladies doing?

LOL I will Pass on the Yams
thats one thing that just never had been a big deal to me
Matter of fact when I was pg with one of my kids the smell of candied yams at Thanksgiving made me ill
blech
but
to each their own and if you like them then go for it
Cant hurt!!!
:shrug:
I would never be able to ask a stranger if they conceived naturally lol
I will be happy with ONE healthy baby!!!
Two would be fine
but One would be a dream come true!
I wanna be pregnant already!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g