Team Tick Tock~35+ TTC~Racing to Beat the Clock!

Thank-you:hugs:
Hope long has everyone being TTC ? I am trying soya for the first time this month ( can't hurt ) :shrug:

This is a hard question for me to answer. First of all, when we started this journey we weren't trying, we just stopped protecting against pregnancy. In fact, I didn't keep track of my cycles, as my husband was against "trying". It was a weird set up, and when I have more time I'll explain this in more detail. I know that it was Jan 2009 when we fist discussed not protecting. I'm not sure when we jumped over from We're Not Trying but We Aren't Opposed If It Happens, to TTC with all our might. I do know that I have been charting and temping since Nov 2009. Back in April 2010 we discovered that hubby's meds were causing his swimmers to be useless. It then took about 4 months to have healthy :spermy:. So we've only had about 5 or 6 cycles with productive swimmers.

TaeBoMama.. If it's ok to ask, are you TTC your first ? We also found DH had slow:spermy: due to an post surgery infection. There really wasn't much he could do ( we did try Zinc supplments but they didn't make much of a difference ) they told us that it wasn't impossible to expect a pregnancy but due to all our other fertility problems it definitly lowered our chances.

TaeBoMama.. If it's ok to ask, are you TTC your first ? We also found DH had slow:spermy: due to an post surgery infection. There really wasn't much he could do ( we did try Zinc supplments but they didn't make much of a difference ) they told us that it wasn't impossible to expect a pregnancy but due to all our other fertility problems it definitly lowered our chances.

I'm actually trying for #5. My kids are 18, 14, 10, and 7. So the infection caused permanent damage, or will this improve over time? I have hubby on Zinc, as of a couple of weeks ago, but I don't think he even takes it. The bottle still looks full to me. GRRRR. Good luck to you!

The infection caused permanent damage ( DH is a surviver of bowel cancer at the age of 28yr ) I had read that Zinc might help but my DH was the same, I don't think he took them regularly ! I found he was alot more laid back in the TTC journey than I was ( except when we ended up using IUI to conceive Emily ) then you'd think he had walked on water when he had to "produce" his "sample" on damand...lol..funny story to go with that one:haha: This why we are going to try on our own for a while before we turn to fertility treatments again.

The infection caused permanent damage ( DH is a surviver of bowel cancer at the age of 28yr ) I had read that Zinc might help but my DH was the same, I don't think he took them regularly ! I found he was alot more laid back in the TTC journey than I was ( except when we ended up using IUI to conceive Emily ) then you'd think he had walked on water when he had to "produce" his "sample" on damand...lol..funny story to go with that one:haha: This why we are going to try on our own for a while before we turn to fertility treatments again.

Wow, that's scary to face Cancer, especially at such a young age. That's great that he is a survivor. :thumbup: Vitamin C is supposed to double sperm count. Good luck with conceiving naturally. :thumbup:

Thanks very much:dust: to you too... never know maybe this month we will both get our :bfp: for #5[-o<

Hey ladies,

I am back. I am not sure if any of you heard but I miscarried late last night early this morning. I am okay physically but not sure about mentally. Please keep me in your prayers.

Hey ladies,

I am back. I am not sure if any of you heard but I miscarried late last night early this morning. I am okay physically but not sure about mentally. Please keep me in your prayers.

I'm so, so sorry to hear this! I can't imagine how you feel. :hugs: You and your family are in my prayers. I'll be praying that God grants you a sense of peace and helps ease this pain. My heart aches for you. :hugs:

Hey ladies,

Oh sweetie:hugs: I am so sorry for your loss:cry:

Hi ladies. :wave:
I've just read thru this Thread and what a wonderful thread and ladies it is!
First I'd like to say how sorry I am for Ready4onemore. I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy to go thru that, I've had 8 mc's over the last 8 years and none were easy. I'm so sorry :hugs:

AFM: I am 38 years old and have a 22month old daughter with a Rare Interstitial Lung Disease, called NEHI. I've been TTC a second baby for 10 months. I have endometriosis and had a "clean-out" in Sept. I thought I'd fall pregnant shortly after the clean-out as I did with my DD but it didn't happen. Life sorta got turned upside down, my dad died in Sept., Both of my dogs had surgery for different reasons, and my hubby was gone alot and so life was a little stressful. My dh is not so keen on TTC but has wanted to take the NTNP approach and wants to leave it in God's hands. So that is what we have done for the last few cycles. I've stopped OPK's, but won't lie it is stressing me out not to know my cycle so will probably start OPK's again next cycle! My dh is not sure he wants another baby simply because we are at risk of the next baby having NEHI(lung disease). However, studies show that it is more common to have normal siblings than to have an affected child. My dh wants another baby he is just scared. Make sense?
Sorry for the novel :( I'm just torn, I want to do more to help with TTC but dh doesn't and gives me a hard time when I bring it up. My OBGYN said if we don't fall pregnant by March he would start me on Clomid but I'm afraid to bring that up to my dh as he doesn't want to "help" TTC along. Am I being selfish? He thinks I am. If you do that's fine I need honest opinions. I just know if I fall pregnant he will be scared until the baby is born...hopefully without NEHI. Even if the next baby does have NEHI studies show that the sibling will be born with a less severe case. And Alida's case is not very bad. Am I testing fate? Am I being the selfish Mom? Do I continue to TTC or stop and be happy with what I do have(which I am)?
Please give me your advice and Thanks for listening.

:hi: Sweet_Alida

I'm so happy you found us! :hugs: I understand where your hubby is coming from, but I don't think you're selfish at all! He is scared, and although that is understandable, I don't think he should let fear hold him back. He is reminding me or my own hubby when we first talked about TTC this time around. Hubby has known for years that I wanted another one, but he was NOT on that page at all. We weren't even on the same book! :haha: After praying for God to change his heart or take the desire for another away from me, my husband tells me one night that he was having a change of heart and wanted to "put it in God's hands". I took that to mean that he wanted to try and make a baby. Boy was I wrong! Shortly after this discussion, we had a date night; dinner and a movie. It was January 2009. I remember we went to dinner at Macaroni Grill (a great Italian restaurant). Shortly after we were seated I said, "I'm so excited about trying to conceive." He looked at me with this strange expression on his face. Then he proceeds to tell me that he hadn't meant that we'd TRY. He was simply leaving it in God's hands. That was the worst dinner of my life. I couldn't choke the food down. I finally asked for a container. I felt ridiculous crying in the restaurant, so I excused myself to the ladies room and had a good cry there. We then sat in the car trying to discuss things. I tried to explain that God is good and all, but this was going to be a weird setup...was I supposed to avoid keeping track of ovulation? Or was I supposed to try like all get out and then pray it worked? I mean as awesome as God is, you actually have to have sex around ovulation to conceive. It seemed to me that hubby didn't even know what the heck he wanted. I personally think God had done some work on his heart, but hubby was still letting his fears win out. After that we went to the movie, Gran Torino. It was a great movie (besides all the cursing) and I was able to cry a river without feeling conspicuous.

So I tried HARD not to keep track of ovulation, otherwise I'd feel guilty that I was TRYING. I didn't temp or use OPK's or anything that remotely helped in baby-making. I didn't want to initiate lovemaking, as that too may be construed as trying. I don't know when we started trying...possibly the same time I joined Fertility Friend, which was 16 cycles ago. Hubby somehow jumped on board and does his share to help things along. During our family Bible study a couple of months ago, as he was saying the prayer, he asked God to bless us with another little one. :cry:

It sounds like your hubby just needs to get through his fears. Unfortunately, that might not happen until you conceive, or maybe when the baby arrives. But I hope it happens sooner! How do you feel about using OPK's on the sly? I'm not sure that's a good idea. It's just that we aren't getting any younger, so you don't want to waste any good eggs. Maybe you could have another heart to heart talk and let him know how you feel?

Good luck!!:dust:

Thanks for the welcomes!
Tae thanks for the advice and I have used them in the past and he even knew I was using them but never said anything to me. However, he seemed to be very "tired" on the nights I would initiate anything so I think that was his way of "winning". I am going to start the OPK's back it just makes me feel like I'm somewhat in control then. I can't temp because my daughter is up a couple of times at night, she gets tangled in her oxygen cord and wakes and needs to be untangled and put back to sleep. But I am going to start using OPK's again!

Morning~

Snow Snow Snow is everywhere so that is what has me occupied this morning. Schools are closed and I am working from home since we can not get into the office.

Keeping track of my temps and waiting to O. Seems like that is all we do wait to O and wait to test...:haha:

Hope you all have an awesome day!

Morning~

Snow Snow Snow is everywhere so that is what has me occupied this morning. Schools are closed and I am working from home since we can not get into the office.

Keeping track of my temps and waiting to O. Seems like that is all we do wait to O and wait to test...:haha:

Hope you all have an awesome day!

OOHHH! You must live up on the East coast? They are getting hit hard AGAIN with snow. I'm glad your able to work from home. I wish I could do that on snow days(here in Georgia I've been told don't happen too often! We just moved here in April)but unfortunately being a nurse means being at the hospital! LOL!! Stay home and stay warm! We moved here from Utah so I really do kinda miss the snow, at least the snow capped mountains!

Your so right...We spend most of our life WAITING! What is up with that, that's not fair. Wish we could push the fastforward button on the TWW and on the waiting to O!

Sweet_Alida, First off I would like to say welcome:wave: I can't really offer you any real advice but I can offer a shoulder to lean on and a ear to listen:friends: Men can be complicated when it comes to TTC. :ball:

P.S. Cold and snow up here too...uuuuggggggg !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->