Team Tick Tock~35+ TTC~Racing to Beat the Clock!

Sorry your Stealers lost Ready4onemore, but I am so excited that my Packers Won! :D I didn't even watch the halftime show decided to give dd a bath instead. guess I didn't miss much! LOL

Sorry your Stealers lost Ready4onemore, but I am so excited that my Packers Won! :D I didn't even watch the halftime show decided to give dd a bath instead. guess I didn't miss much! LOL

The Packers, Alida? :nope: Just kidding. I have been a Steelers fan for very long time. I like the Packers too just not when they are playing my Steelers.

Ok, I'm not a football fan but I have to add my 2cents to the halftime show which SUCKED!!!!

The Packers, Alida? :nope: Just kidding. I have been a Steelers fan for very long time. I like the Packers too just not when they are playing my Steelers.

I'm the same way I like the stealers but can't root for them when they play the packers! it was a good game I really thought The Stealers were going to come back at the end there. We lost some valuable players right at halftime and the second half the packers looked like crap, missed plays, dropped balls, fumbled! But somehow they pulled it off??? :shrug: Maybe next year! The Stealers have a really good team! :D

I am not a Football watcher as a rule but we turned on the game to see the half time show.

Hey ladies, how is everyone today? I am getting back into the gym and loving it so far. Think I am going to do Zumba, not sure as of yet though.

Good for you, Ready:thumbup: I have to ask, what is Zumba ? I would love to get out to the gym like I did before we moved here ( we now live close to the middle of no where:haha:) so the closest gym is 30 min drive. I know I would lose interest in no time with having to travel so far !!

I would love to try Zumba! I love going to the gym, however with Alida's oxygen she can't stay in their daycare so that means I'd have to find someone to watch her! :( Maybe later this year if she tolerates being off the oxygen like we are doing (we are taking her off the oxygen like 1-2 hours every day!). Baby steps closer to getting her off the oxygen! Anyway, I love going to the gym, I have stuff to work out at home, I'm just not good at doing it! We have a bike and an elipticle(spell??) machine and tons of exercise tapes, but I don't ever use either of them! Maybe I will you have me inspired! :D I'll check back with you tomorrow and let you know if I used them or not!

I wanted to buy a treadmill and a ellipitcle (sp) machine. But since the gym at my job is free I just take advandage of it. I hope you do use it. Let me know if you do.

I haven't made it to it yet but the day isn't over yet! I still have plans to get up there and use it! You can't pass up a FREE gym pass!

I haven't made it to it yet but the day isn't over yet! I still have plans to get up there and use it! You can't pass up a FREE gym pass!

No way. We have classes and trainers too. So yeah it is worth every dime I don't have to pay.

Hello ladies! I thought I was subscribed to this post, but I've gotten no notification that there have been new posts since I last posted. That's why I haven't been around. I know I'm new here still, but since hubby and I will be TTC next month, I'm trying to get familiar with this place.

Can anyone give me any advice on what I should be doing now in order to prepare for TTC next month? I'm also scared of having to have an amnio! Are there ways around that particular test?

Hello ladies! I thought I was subscribed to this post, but I've gotten no notification that there have been new posts since I last posted. That's why I haven't been around. I know I'm new here still, but since hubby and I will be TTC next month, I'm trying to get familiar with this place.

Can anyone give me any advice on what I should be doing now in order to prepare for TTC next month? I'm also scared of having to have an amnio! Are there ways around that particular test?

Hey betty,

One doc told me it was up to me. You may want to get some OPK and start temping. A good tempting site is FertilityFriend.com. I hope this helps.

I would get some OPK's at the very least! :D I don't know why you would need an Amnio unless they found some kind of problem on the US???? My doc doesn't do them unless you have a problem. Good Luck!!!

I thought they always did an amnio if you were over 35? I have been pregnant once and miscarried, but that was a long time ago. I wasn't trying then and it actually turned out to be for the best. Not that it wasn't still tough, but at least I could cope better than I'd be able to now that I'm ready. I don't want to do anything that could cause extra problems, if I have the choice.

Thanks for the info. I actually found a site with free software (Femta) that tells me when is the best time to conceive, or not, based on my cycles. I'll try the fertility friend one too though. I was more asking I guess is there a diet I should go by or special exercises I should be doing or extra vitamins I should be taking or anything along those lines. I tried prenatal vitamins before from the supermarket but they made me really sick. I do take a normal women's daily multivitamin now.

Sweet_Alida, where in Georgia are you? I'm in a small town about halfway between Savannah and Statesboro. I actually go to school in Statesboro right now.

Hey Nursebetty,
I'm in Loganville. Do you know where that is? It's by lawrenceville a little north of Atlanta.
I had my daughter when I was 36 and we never did an amnio. I think they only do that if you elect to have the screening for downs done(with blood work) and it comes back positive then they will give you the option for an amnio. I didn't have the bloodwork done because my US's were fine and even if I was having a down's baby it wouldn't have changed my mind with anything. plus my doctor didn't like doing the bloodwork either for the screening he felt it gave to many false positives and extra worry. Unless you were prepared to terminate the pregnancy he didn't suggest it, but he always asked the question(think it's law?). My old OB said Amnio's are too risky. He is not a fan of them unless it is medically necessary then he only does them as a last resort. So I think it depends on if your OB is old school or not, I know they used to do them on all women 40+, but I think with the baby boom in older women they have re-evaluated the wya they do things.

As far as diet...I would definitely may try taking your prenatals at night after dinner before bed. You need the folate! I would just start drinking your water and cut back on the caffeine. Apparently that can hurt your chances of conceiving. I've been trying really hard to do that this cycle. Also they say to drink grapefruit juice to help with slippery CM..TMI...don't know if it helps haven't ever tried it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->