Team Tick Tock~35+ TTC~Racing to Beat the Clock!

I'm 43 so I'm hurrying as fast as I can to TTC. It doesn't seem to be helping. LOL!

I'm a mess emotionally today, so this cycle's probably a bust.

I think there's a "poll" thingy around here somewhere but I'm confused because I'm new here, so I have two questions:

1. Has anyone ever had to schedule an actual doctor's appointment to get a lab slip for a serum pregnancy test? And they were RUDE about it too! I told the asswagons to have the doctor call me, and that my insurance company will be delighted to hear this information. Charging my insurance company for an entire appointment to give me a lab slip???? I can't figure out why it's necessary. What is she going to do, tell me whether I'm pregnant or not by talking to me face-to-face? If only it were that simple.

2. What do you miss most about not TTC?

I miss coffee like I'm possessed. I still have it, but much much less than before. I have about 2 cups a day, and only because the book, "The Fertility Diet" concluded that three cups or less has no affect on fertility that they could ascertain. (This is not an endorsement to drink coffee, just something I read.)

We have one of those gourmet pod coffeemakers, and a French press, but it's a certain brand of instant coffee that I go nuts for. It's not the caffeine that I crave; it's just the deliciousness and comfort of it that I love. :coffee:

Oh, I just thought of something else I miss. It sucks that I can't use anti-aging products now. 43 is an age where these are a must, but I can't do it right now and it freaks me out. Not so much for how I look, but more for how my skin feels.

:flower:

:wave: Welcome Janet..

I can't answer you SA question..here in Canada we do have to have a appointment to get a slip for :spermy: testing..stupid, I know:dohh:

What do I miss :-k I am going to say :coffee: and not having to plan and think about when we :sex:

I also miss not worrying about where I am in my cycle..used to be :witch: would show up and I would be :shock: I don't have anything with me..

Now I wait for the day she is due to arrive and [-o< she doesn't show !

How many cycles have you been TTC ?

hi ladies :hi:

i'm 29 so not in the right age bracket for this group but i am at risk of premature menopause so my clock is sounding like big ben at the moment!

i have been trying for a little while now and had been relatively relaxed about it all until recently. i am starting to panic a little because of the time issue. if one more person says to me 'you've got plenty of time' i think i'll throttle them! lol

how you do all cope/deal with the worry of running out of time?

Hi Rosie. Welcome! :flower: I get a little nervous about time running out every so often, but for the most part I think it will happen before the clock runs out. When I'm feeling discourage I go to the "success stories" section on the LTTC board. Just because it hasn't happened in a long while doesn't mean it won't happen. Good luck to you!

I'm 43 so I'm hurrying as fast as I can to TTC. It doesn't seem to be helping. LOL!

I'm a mess emotionally today, so this cycle's probably a bust.

I think there's a "poll" thingy around here somewhere but I'm confused because I'm new here, so I have two questions:

1. Has anyone ever had to schedule an actual doctor's appointment to get a lab slip for a serum pregnancy test? And they were RUDE about it too! I told the asswagons to have the doctor call me, and that my insurance company will be delighted to hear this information. Charging my insurance company for an entire appointment to give me a lab slip???? I can't figure out why it's necessary. What is she going to do, tell me whether I'm pregnant or not by talking to me face-to-face? If only it were that simple.

2. What do you miss most about not TTC?

I miss coffee like I'm possessed. I still have it, but much much less than before. I have about 2 cups a day, and only because the book, "The Fertility Diet" concluded that three cups or less has no affect on fertility that they could ascertain. (This is not an endorsement to drink coffee, just something I read.)

We have one of those gourmet pod coffeemakers, and a French press, but it's a certain brand of instant coffee that I go nuts for. It's not the caffeine that I crave; it's just the deliciousness and comfort of it that I love. :coffee:

Oh, I just thought of something else I miss. It sucks that I can't use anti-aging products now. 43 is an age where these are a must, but I can't do it right now and it freaks me out. Not so much for how I look, but more for how my skin feels.

:flower:

Hey JanetPlanet, welcome to the team! :wave:

I haven't given up my coffee...shame on me! I have switched to decaf and finally found one that's so good you can't tell it's decaf. For Mother's Day, hubby and the kids got me a Keurig coffee maker. I grind my favorite decaf and put it in the little re-usable coffee filter we purchased. If I thought going without it would bring me a BFP, I'd do it. But I doubt that it would. Besides the coffee thing, I'm a pretty good girl. :winkwink: I eat healthy (for the most part) and workout 5 days a week. I tried a lot of pills and potions in the past, but right now I'm just taking my Pre-Natal vitamins and Folic Acid.

What kind of anti-aging products are you referring to, and why can't you use them when you're TTC?

Hey everyone. Sorry I have been MIA. I started that new job and last week I had to go in M-F from 8-5 all week. It really sucked! There is a reason I wanted to be a nurse, I don't do M-F from 8-5! LOL! I prefer to work 2-3 days a week only!
Well I start on the floor on Monday and I'm a nervous wreck. My MIL will be here Tues. and the rest of the week I am slammed busy too!
I miss you girls and keep hoping to come on here and see some more BFP's!

Hey everyone. Sorry I have been MIA. I started that new job and last week I had to go in M-F from 8-5 all week. It really sucked! There is a reason I wanted to be a nurse, I don't do M-F from 8-5! LOL! I prefer to work 2-3 days a week only!
Well I start on the floor on Monday and I'm a nervous wreck. My MIL will be here Tues. and the rest of the week I am slammed busy too!
I miss you girls and keep hoping to come on here and see some more BFP's!

I hope things slow down for you very soon! I'll try to get the BFP for ya. LOL.

I'm going to be playing on a co-ed softball team with my husband, starting in a few weeks. So, I'm bound to get pregnant, right? I have been putting off playing because it's not exactly a good fit for someone TTC. But, I want to enjoy life and not be so caught up in the "I can't do that because I might become pregnant" mode. Now I just need to get my pulled quad healed so that I can actually run.

So ladies, are any of you putting things off because you are TTC? My hubby and I usually go skiing for our anniversary, but for the last couple anniversaries we've been going to Monterey, instead. It's okay, I enjoy it. But I'm really ready to know what the future holds, instead of thinking " I may be pregnant by this or that time". I plan on enjoying life and not be so caught up in the maybes.

Where are you ladies in your cycles? Anyone feeling positive about this cycle?

I'm going to be playing on a co-ed softball team with my husband, starting in a few weeks. So, I'm bound to get pregnant, right? I have been putting off playing because it's not exactly a good fit for someone TTC. But, I want to enjoy life and not be so caught up in the "I can't do that because I might become pregnant" mode. Now I just need to get my pulled quad healed so that I can actually run.

So ladies, are any of you putting things off because you are TTC? My hubby and I usually go skiing for our anniversary, but for the last couple anniversaries we've been going to Monterey, instead. It's okay, I enjoy it. But I'm really ready to know what the future holds, instead of thinking " I may be pregnant by this or that time". I plan on enjoying life and not be so caught up in the maybes.

Where are you ladies in your cycles? Anyone feeling positive about this cycle?

HI Taebo,

My Hubby has booked us both onto a diving training course as it was offered at a really good price and I've been wanting to do it for years. Its in a swimming pool, so it might be ok as not too much pressure, but his Brother is living in Malta for a while, working as a diving instructor, so the plan is to go out there, maybe around September, but that would be open water diving. I'm not sure what to do. I can't cancel the course as I may not actually be pregnant by then, but its a huge decision to make.

Hey ladies,

I hope all is well. I think we do put a lot of things off waiting to get preggers. I just wish it was easy to forget about it and just live life like normal. But easier said then done.

Hi Ladies,

I'm currently on CD6 as I seem to have ovulated a lot earlier than FF had 'penciled me in for'. I've had a strange cramping sensation below my stomach, on both sides for the last few days, but it seems really early if it is implantation (which, obviously I hope it is!), my temperature dropped loads this morning, but stayed above my cover line.

Is this normal? My temps are pretty erratic, but all in all, I think they tell a story. I've put the link to my chart in my signature. I would really appreciate it if you could have a look and let me know what you think.

Thanks guys.

I asked my Hubby today if he wants to be with me when I test and he said "no, you can just let me know afterwards, once you've come to terms with it". Say What????? He asked me what I thought he should do, I told him that if its positive, he should run around the house waving his arms in the air excited, like I will be. He's so funny. I think though that he would feel disappointed if it was negative. Bless him. xxx

I asked my Hubby today if he wants to be with me when I test and he said "no, you can just let me know afterwards, once you've come to terms with it". Say What????? He asked me what I thought he should do, I told him that if its positive, he should run around the house waving his arms in the air excited, like I will be. He's so funny. I think though that he would feel disappointed if it was negative. Bless him. xxx

Men are so funny! I think they handle the disappoint better than us, though. Although I'm sure they do get disappointed. I think with my hubby a negative makes him feel like he's 'not get'n the job done'. :haha:

Your dropped temp at cd7 is a good sign, but then again, I try not to read too much into what the temps are saying...cause really, we don't know what they're saying. LOL. Good luck!!!:thumbup:

Ready I still think you are doing great...keeping a good thought for you!

OK, so now I'm confused!!

As promised, I did a couple of tests this morning, FRER and a Digital one, have a look, your opinions would be most appreciated.

Sorry its a bit blurred.

Thanks

IMG_1777[1].jpg

the digi looks positive, can't see the FRER...do another FR tomorrow and see

I've run out of the FRER now, but I've just bought some Clearblue Digital, the ones that show how far you are, so I'll be using one of them tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed it'll confirm the other digital one.

There was definately no line on the FRER, hense the confusion, I thought they were supposed to be the first to pick it up.

I say go with the digi because they are not that sensitive. Normally, the digi ones are the last to pick up the HCG.

OK, I'm so impatient and did the Clearblue digital when I got home from work. It said Pregnant 1-2 weeks.

OMG, OMG, OMG, seems like its real now. Hubby wants me to wait a week, then test again and if it still shows positive, to book the doctors appointment. He is so scared that it won't stick, bless him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->