Team Yellow Buddies ***18 boys / 16 girls

Thanks guys, feeling much better today I think it was just a blip. Having said that I just ate a banana and it felt like hard work! I also had some cereal earlier so I think I'm good.

So... 33 weeks today! 7 weeks to go, or maybe less! :wacko:

Krockwell good luck. Since you'll probably be having the baby early my guess on your game thing won't be right, but maybe I'll guess the gender correctly...

Oooooh 33 weeks! that's so exciting! i can't believe how quickly 2nd tri has gone for me so far, not long until i'm into double digits and then 3rd tri! :happydance:

has 3rd tri gone quickly for you so far greenlady?
:hugs:

It has and hasn't really, when I first looked on the third tri board it was scary, all about people going into labour! But i've been getting used to that and more and more interested so yeah it's kind of gone slowly, as I'm not at that stage still for a while, but at the same time, holy moly, suddenly my baby is due next month! (OK right at the end but still).

I think it was the same with second tri, sort of slow at the beginning, waiting for the 20 wk scan, then you hit all your milestones and suddenly you're very nearly in 3rd tri.

Ooh exciting! I'm so VERY curious now what flavour I have. Do you have any intuition about yours?

Ooh exciting! I'm so VERY curious now what flavour I have. Do you have any intuition about yours?

for some reason i feel like i'll have a girl, but hubby thinks boy, so one of us will be right at least :haha: it will be lovely to find out though - i think that will help keep me going towards the end, a bit of extra excitement and suspense!!

what about the rest of you? any inklings?

I think I might have a boy, but I don't want to convince myself one way or the other in case I get a shock. But either way it'll be a good shock because I will love either gender no differently.

Induction scheduled for the 16th!!! :happydance: :yipee: :happydance:

But... I got a sweep today - so hoping that things start up tonight/tomorrow for us....
Because this weekend would be awesomeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

LABOR DUSTTTTTTTT PLEASE!

I am so full of 2nd tri glow- I saw my stomach move today, and it was the most amazing thing ever! My workmate saw it as well, LO is very active, and hasn't really stopped moving since!
I'll be counting down to the 16th, and hoping and praying you go into labour before that Krockwell. Either way, this time next week your LO should be here! Make sure you post pictures asap!
Hope you're feeling better greenlady. Maybe it is common to have crappy days like that..
And Chele, hope you are having a fab holiday!
Hugs to all, I"m on such a high atm!

Cat
xxx

Oh krockwell, that is amazing!!! can't wait to hear all about your new little one :) throwing lots of labour dust your way! :winkwink:

Cat, you're so sweet! It is great when someone else see's movement too isn't it. Glad you're feeling so good, 2nd tri is a lovely place to be - i hope it doesn't change too quickly in 3rd tri!!

have a good day everyone!!

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: Go krockwell!

Oh girls how nice for you to be feeling so great - I have to say I've been really lucky and felt bloody fantastic throughout my pregnancy. It's just this week, suddenly I feel bigger and fuller and everything becomes a bit more awkward!
My belly hardly ever stops moving and its a bit stomach churning at times!

But at the same time still feel alright really so hope it continues, for you guys as well. :thumbup:

On a different note, I've got a copy of 'what to expect: the first year'... just started reading it and oh my there's a lot to learn! So I'm going to be doing a bit of study on that every night methinks. Also have ante natal (NCT) classes this weekend, starting with a BFing workshop tomorrow morning. Will let you know how I get on.

I had a look at my belly last night, and felt like a different person! So funny how far along I am already! And yes, I'm hoping that 3rd tri is as much fun.
I've got what to expect when you're expecting, it might be a good idea to go out and get the first year. Let me know how you find it :)
I can't wait for antenatal classes! It would be good to meet other pregnant women, I do all my baby talk on here, lol!
Krockwell, are you having some sort of countdown? 4 days to go... I'm so excited for you, and can't wait for my turn!

Cat
xxx

yea... countdown to my induction date, because I know after that....it's only a matter of 24 hours or so until our little one shows up! :D :happydance:

Hi ladies, I am back from my holiday and totally pooped now. Looks like loads has been going on

Krockwell - OMG are you excited or what?! I can't believe you'll have your little one here in two days

Cat - I spent all last night watching my stomach move. It's one of the best things I've ever seen or felt.

Moongirl and Greenlady - hope you're both ok too x

Happy Valentines to all!!

Hi Ladies,

sorry I have not posted on here in ages!

Krockwell, best of luck to you! I hope everything moves along nicely for you...can't wait to hear if it is a boy or girl!

I think I am having a boy because I can't stop watching ice hockey! I am a fan anyway but me and OH have watched every Vancouver Cancuks game of the season and will now be tuning in to the Olympics hockey as well..Go team Canada! I have never watched this much hockey before so maybe I have more testosterone in me...who knows....only a couple of more weeks until the big day and we find out, it is killing me more now than ever not knowing, I have another scan on Tuesday but we will be strong, no point finding out now when we have come soo far!

Hope you are all well.

Krockwell - wishing you best of luck with your induction on Tuesday!

Well I have had a weekend of NCT classes which I loved! I would be here forever if I went into too much detail, but a lot of it was all about instinctive birthing, techniques for relaxing and focussing on your contractions and help your body do what it was always meant to do.

I am feeling totally positive and looking forward to the big day. It was great for the men too to give them the heads up on how best to support us and help us relax. Also about being confident in your choices and making sure the midwives help you not hinder you. It was also great to meet 7 other local couples due around the same time. There was of course also stuff about taking care of a newborn etc.

God I already feel like a bloody evangelist! But anyway if any of you guys still have time and can afford it, I would highly recommend them.

xx

So soon now Krockwell! (Hopefully things have started already for you!)
I've just had an amazing day at work, this is the first time that baby has been kicking so hard that I notice it during the day- usually I can only tell when I'm sitting still. But all day, trying to teach, feeling my LO inside, was just awesome.
Chele, good to see you back, bet it was nice being on holidays!
Emskins- not long for you either! I like your testosterone theory! Makes sense to me :)

Cat
xxx

Greenlady - ok I think I may have missed something out here!! We're just doing a Saturday class next week as given to me by my midwife. So what is NCT? I am googling it now and think I must have missed something. Are these extra classes you can take?

Yay Cat so glad you can feel the baby kicking now during work time. Haha the other week I was watching my belly move and the angle I was looking at it at made my colleagues think I was having a nap!!

Emskins - could def be a boy!!!

Greenlady - ok I think I may have missed something out here!! We're just doing a Saturday class next week as given to me by my midwife. So what is NCT? I am googling it now and think I must have missed something. Are these extra classes you can take?

They are private classes run by the National Childbirth Trust (NCT), so you can do them in addition to the NHS ones or instead of, or you can do neither I suppose! I'd heard they were good, but especially because you meet other couple in your area who are due around the same time. People I know that have done them are still friends with their NCT class years later. We are quite thin on the ground with friends having babies, let alone locally, that it worth doing to meet those guys. We have all emailed each other already!

Anyway its not for everyone and obviously at what they cost many can't afford them. I figured the govt grant mostly covers it and I paid for it ages ago so all forgotten about now. However I was also quite pleased to find the philosophy behind it bang on what I sort of thought anyway. Lots of good tips for dads/birthing partners as well.

Of course you might find the NHS are really fantastic - I haven't done them so can't compare! x

Well ladies..

Things aren't feeling real yet! :argh:
I've got about 17ish hours before we leave for the Hospital. Not necessarily when I'll be induced, but... that's when we're leaving.
I have a feeling I'm not going to sleep tonight. eeep. :help:

But...defo doesn't feel real yet! :haha:
I think once I'm experiencing it, it'll start to feel real!

Stay tuned to my journo so you can get the updates if you're interested! :)
try rocking will be updating for me! :)

GOOD LUCK!!!! :dust:

Will be thinking of you and you little :baby:

Can't wait to find out the flavour!

I've been neglecting you all on here, I will be good from now on and chat more :) lol

Popping on today to wish Krockwell the BEST of luck for today!!!! Not long and you'll have your wee bubba in your arms you lucky thing :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->