Team Yellow Buddies ***18 boys / 16 girls

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well!

Not much to report here, only 11 days to go until my due date!! Still proud to be team yellow!I can't wait to find out who has been cooking away in my tummy for the last 9 months!

Pointless thread but thought I would share my excitement with you!

Going to make dinner now...

Hi Emskins, wow, so close! I know what you mean - I keep looking down at my belly and saying 'who are you?' 'haha. Good luck I can't wait to hear about it x

Ooooo are u getting nervous!!

I just can't believe this is all real. It still feels like my life will go back to normal and that there isn't actually a baby inside me!

Cot and changer are up. Took 3 hours, bless my mum doing most of it. Photos to follow next week x

ooh well done! look forward to seeing it. During the last week I can literally make out my LO's bones/limbs, pretty sure its knees or feet moving underneath my skin top right hand side. Even DH could really feel it and it was really strange! Yet somehow it is still a bit unreal isn't it? Perhaps it won't sink in till they're 18 and threatening to leave home..

That must be so exciting, having the cot up, everything ready to go...can't wait for all that!
My DH is feeling the baby move now, so it has all become a bit more real to him, I'm with you guys, still feeling so surreal! I don't think it will hit me until baby is in my arms!

Cat
xxx

Chele, that was really great of your mum to put up some baby furniture!

My OH finally put the chest of drawers together in the nursery, just a little toy chest to go and all the furniture is done, I am not too worried about the toy chest though and looking at the nursery it is a bit crowded so I might keep it in the living room in a bid to keep it tidy of toys etc in the evenings.

I have kept the room quite sparse of accesories as I am waiting to see what we have and then I will go out and buy stuff to make it look a bit boyish/girly but to be honest I quite like the neutral colours in there but some colour will be nice for sure.....

I'm so lucky with my mum and she's always been good at DIY. I don't trust men to do it and couldn't do it on my own with all the bending etc. And today, bless her, she bought us a matching mini blanket box to go with the furniture.
I love my mum so much I hope our baby will love me half as much as I love her and I'll be really lucky.

I agree about the neutral colours. I love them, but seeing some blues and pinks today made me think how nice it will be just to get a little splash of colour in there.

Am dying to see which of the team yellowers will be next - there are two due now, one late. So it might even be you Emskins. Better get everything tied up!!!

same for me. DH reckons he's OK at DIY but like a lot of men is a bit slapdash about it all, I don't trust him to put flatpack furniture together so thats always my job. My mum is a freak, she seriously isn't happy until she's got a paintbrush or drill in her hand. And I think I'm taking after her bit! My dad on the other hand can spend hours and hours in the garden. SO when they arrive from Oz and I'm too huge to do it I'm going to get them straight onto the garden/veggies and any outstanding DIY jobs. How mean hey? But they love it really they do. Last time my mum was here the day she arrived she had a short sleep then actually starting painting something that same day (after a 24hr flight) !!

We're on neutrals as well, but am planning to keep it that way because we'll be renting this place out sooner or later and I think I'll just get some colourful stickers or something when when baby is eventually in that room.

BTW chele just read what you wrote about your mum that is SO SWEET!

grrr double post because the page took about a year to load!!

Hey all,
I'm off work today, feeling completely rubbish. Got flu like symptoms, can't take anything, feel sorry for myself...will get over it soon!

My baby's room is almost completely empty! Very exciting to begin converting it from rubbish room to baby room, should be able to start in the next fortnight.

It will be great to see some other team yellow babies- there must be some pink in there!

Cat
xxx

Haha yeah there must be some pink at some point!!

Greenlady - get your parents working hard for you. Am sure they will anyway, they'll just want to look after their little girl and new grandchild. When are they coming over?

Cat - hope you're feeling better soon. Bleugh not what you want right now.

Well today I have washed all of flumps clothes and dried them. Also made a lovely coffee cake ring. Most of it has gone - parents, aunt and uncle and even my brother took some.

Am back on the 24 hour urine monitoring today and have an appointment at 9.30 tomorrow with the consultant, so fingers crossed for no protein etc. I actually can't wait to see the consultant to discuss my birth options as I can't make a birth plan unless he tells me now what they are prepared to accept or not. If my BP is fine on the day I am damn sure trying to get that water birth I want.

They arrive on 28th March so 3 days before I'm due... It's going to be great to see them (about once a year is max I see them at the mo!)

Good luck tomorrow I really hope you get the water birth you want. xx

Good luck on getting the birth that you want, will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Still feeling a bit rubbish, went back to work today though, so better :)

Cat
xxx

Hello girls, been off here for a bit. By the time I've updated journals and my own I've usually been on here for ages :haha:

Chele - hope all goes well with your tests etc and you get the birth you want.

Greenlady - Almost one month to go :yipee:

Catfrommaus - Hope you are feeling better and congrats on being VIABLE :happydance:

As for me, I'm feeling a little uncomfortable at the moment. My belly doesn't appear to be growing but my little widger is and my ribs ache like hell OUCH!! When did your bump grow a lot? I'm still pretty small - so everyone keeps telling me. Does it just suddenly grow overnight? I'm obviously asking you experienced 3rd trimester ladies here :haha:

Hi Widger - I think I'm still on the small side but definitely notice is getting bigger over the last 3-4 weeks, so about 30-32 weeks ish. Feels pretty big today I can tell you!

But I think it might just be different for everyone. I only started getting people notice on the tube about 30 weeks, occasionally before but always with that confused 'is she or isn't she' look. But then it has been winter so I've been all covered up. As long as your baby is healthy nothing to worry about, in fact its quite nice having a compact bump!

Yep, I'm not bothered that it is small really just would like it to grow a little so I don't feel so uncomfortable... or am I now in it for the long haul? :haha:

Movements seem a lot more difficult for my little one now and regularly seeing bit lumps and bumps move across my tummy

Yep I reckon feeling uncomfortable is pretty unavoidable over the last tri, mind you I haven't felt too bad but I seriously feel stretched today. My LO also squirms and I get bum and knees and feet (I think) rather than big kicks. isn't it weird?

Hope everyone else is well x

OMG Widger, I didn't even notice! I (or LO, anyway) am definitely there! We hit 24 weeks!
And Widger, joining the scary third tri- that still seems so far away for me, but I guess I'll be there soon enough! Congrats!
Feeling much better today, getting over the crappy stuffed up feeling :)

Hope everyone is well,

Cat
xxx

Yay Cat - congrats on V-day :happydance:

I'm moving to 3rd tri officially on sunday - can't believe it!!! eeeeeek!!!

Hoping to go and buy my pram later today (of course in the most neutral colour i could find ;)), really hope so - it's about time we bought something!!

hope you're all doing well, and have a lovely weekend

xxx

Congrats Moongirl!
I've already bought my pram, and its a bit...boyish! Its a maclaren, in a tartan print. I love it, and I've had my niece in it already (to test it out!) It makes everything feel that little bit more real :)

Cat
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"