Team Yellow Buddies ***18 boys / 16 girls

ok i admit it i caved found out on thursday were having a little ............................. boy so happy good luck team yellowers xx

Happy V Day Cat!

Rubbish mum2beagain :rofl: Oh well, congrats on your good news!!

Hope everyone else is ok. Just to let you know I did my second lot of 24 hour urine sampling and all was ok, protein normal levels and BP was 115/80 so I have been sent back to community care. I never got to see the consultant in the end cause my results were great, so still can't plan my birth as not sure what's going to happen the next few weeks, but have an appointment to see him March 18th so hopefully then I can find out what they'll let me have. Lets just hope my BP and protein behave the next few weeks!

Another one bites the dust! (hang on, I've said that before!) But still, congrats on your boy!!! That's all boys so far! There was a march mummy on team yellow (not on this thread) who just had a boy as well. Where are all the girlies??? Maybe I have one inside me..???

Chele great news! I reckon things will be fine for you, and you should have a plan anyway - positive thinking girl!

I have 36 week appt and birth centre assessment on Wednesday. I'm trying not to stress it, because its totally not gonna help, but I will be quite upset if for some reason I'm not a candiate for the birth centre. Everything has been fine so far, you just sometimes hear of people's BP changing in the last few weeks. But stress will only make it worse so I'm just trying not to think about it.

Blinkie has hiccups AGAIN!! I was telling my mum about it this morning and she was like 'how can you tell its hiccups?' I was shocked she'd never experienced it with 4 children!!

Maybe she just didn't know they can get hiccups so never paid attention like we do. I really hope you get in the birth centre. Let us know how it goes. Fingers crossed for you.

Yep there has to be a girl sometime.............

Yep I think this day and age we're sort over-informed about every little thing aren't we? I don't think they didn't even had ultrasounds, well she only had 1 with my little brother who was born in 1983. It's a bit of a mixed blessing knowing so much, ignorance is bliss and all that!

Yeah my mum and MIL are sometimes amazed at what I know. My mum thinks though that ignorance sometimes is bliss and worries that I sit there googling everything. Ok so she might actually have a point, but I want to be in the know, I like knowing what's going on etc and we have the methods nowadays to do it.

So one month hey?! Is it all coming together? x

Yeah I think it's all good to go now, there's one or two things that I still need to get but I've got all the must haves. 2 more (hectic) weeks at work then I can order a last few things online when I start mat leave. How about you, feeling prepared??

Congrats mum2be- I can understand the temptation to find out! Another boy!!!

Good news Chele, hoping that BP and protein stay ok :)

Greenlady, will keep fingers crossed for you. I'm planning to go birth center as well, and would be disappointed if things work out differently. No matter what happens though, you've still got only one month until you meet your LO! Very exciting :)

Cat
xxx

Def not feeling prepared. Am slowly getting my hospital bag together and bought some maternity pads today. Niiice! Bet you're looking forward to your maternity leave now.

We have a girl!!! Caz-x had her baby this morning. Congrats to her. Front page amended.

Ooh cool, a girlie! congrats to Caz-x. I think she was quite overdue as well so that's good news for her.

Yep I have the pads and the disposable nickers. SEXY indeed. I've decided there are some things I can't pack until the last minute so I'm going to do a hospital bag list and so when I go into labour I remember all the last minute things. I do this when going on holiday as well (the 'morning' list, usually says toiletries, toothbrush, pyjamas etc). I am also going to start a 'things to do when I go on leave' list. I feel like I've done something just by writing these sodding lists, how sad. :blush:

Just met up this afternoon with ladies from my NCT class and 2 of them have already had their babies (early) by C-seciton. two boys! And in March lambs there are 14 boys and only 4 girls. perhaps there's a tendency for girls to come late? Anyway but it seems it can all happen quite suddenly which makes me think I should finalise a few things soon...

In other news, DH has given up smoking, finally (well for the 3rd or 4th time lol) but he's being really good and I'm so proud of him (only been a few days though ...). The best thing about it is he needs distraction so as not to smoke, so I'm like 'do you feel like mopping the floors today..?' get home and all the floors are mopped AND all the windows are cleaned. what are star! :thumbup:

And in other news again, just noticed that I have entered the LAST TICKER BOX!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: Sorry for long post just feeling quite buzzed today! It's amazing what a little bit of sunshine can do for you on this side of the world!!

Mum2beagain - Congrats on finding out but naughty naughty you :haha: I seirously don't think I could get a scan now as I'd be sooooooooooo tempted too.

Well girls, you all talking about birth plans etc makes me feel like I should be thinking about it all?? I mean I am in 3rd trimester but I'm so so scared of the thought of labour.... really scared. Going to midwife appointment for bloods on Thursday and think may mention it to her. Can't put my head in the sand any longer eh?:dohh:

Woo hoo, a girl to add to the team yellow mummies!!:happydance:

Greenlady - hope your OH can keep it up. My parents are stopping this week when their supply runs out. Hmmm I'll see it before I believe it myself, and would love them to stop for our baby, so your man def has a lot more incentive.

Congrats on moving to the final box. eeeek now I know when I'll hit the last box.

I'm also making a list of stuff to pack which you can't pack beforehand, like my ipod and camera. Watch us forget the camera.

Maybe we're all having girls this next couple of months then................

hey all im due may 29 :)

when planning baby i wanted to be team yellow :yellow: from the start i think its nice to have a surprise :)

Congrats to Caz on having the first girl!

Only 3 days until my due date and no sign of an arrival yet!

I also have a list of last minute stuff to be packed for the hospital but I am finding as I am getting closer I am already adding some things, like today I checked the battery on my camera and packed it as well as our baby name list and a name book.

Welcome Janny Wanny!

Hope you are all well!

Have you not decide on any names yet Emskins?

Hey Janny Wanny - added you to the front page xx

No, no names decided on yet! We do have a short list of names for boys and girls so we have some ideas but maybe once baby is here none of those names work IYNWIM which is why I am bringing a name book. I am surprised at how relaxed we are about names considering officially we only have 3 days to name the baby in Switzerland, it took us ages to name our cat but I think we have a fairly solid list we can choose from for the baby...

We also bought a small note book and wrote first name and last names (we are not married but giving baby both of our names) on a single page to see what the name looks like written down, we didn't bother adding middle names yet but if it is a boy the middle name will be Samuel after my OH.

I love Samuel. You only have 3 days? Blimey, that puts some real pressure on you. It's not like registering the birth is at the forefront of your mind those first few days, weeks!

Hi guys - welcome janny wanny!

Just to say I had my 36 wk appt today and I'm all clear to have my baby at the birthing centre :happydance: - now I've just gotta hope that it won't be too busy when I go into labour/nothing goes wrong/I don't go overdue! It's a shame we can't plan all the details isn't it?

Also I'm measuring a bit small, but she didn't seem worried and just said I would probably have a small baby. Me and DH aren't big people so it makes sense and so long as LO is fine I'm happy with that, should be easier to push out!

I also think I might be a little bit engaged but can't really figure out the terminology and the midwife was french so I think we had a bit of miscommunication about that partiular point. I've asked the girls in March lambs for advice, so I won't ask again here. But anyway there's still time if not so I'm not too worried.

My cousin in Oz had a baby boy today, 2 weeks early. She'd only just finished work and hadn't really done much preparing, baby wasn't engaged. So she spent all yesterday moving boxes and clearing stuff out, surprise surprise her labour started in the night about 2am and he was born about 8am!!! I'm hoping the quick labour is a family trait... But anyway my point is, another early baby another boy.. there seems to be a bit of trend going on!
xx

:happydance: Congrats Greenlady, so chuffed for you.

I don't get the whole engaged thing and now with your cousin not being engaged and then giving birth :wacko: :wacko: Congrats to her by the way.

Maybe if I start doing some heavy lifting at 39 weeks.............

Yep it can happen very quickly, perhaps he wasn't engaged 2 days before then all the moving lifting etc moved him into position and he just thought he's like to come out! He was only little, 2.8kgs (which is about 6 lb 4 or something I think). I think they say for 1st babies it can happen 2-4 weeks before labour but with second babies and so on it mostly happens just as you go into labour.

My parents get here when I'm 39 +4 so I reckon I'll be out in the garden and doing the DIY with them, I really would rather not go overdue!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->