Team Yellow Buddies ***18 boys / 16 girls

Excellent news emskins. I can't wait for that precious moment too! Thanks for letting us know it was worth the wait xxxxx

Ah Emskins, that's fabulous news. And yes such a beautiful name!! Will be on the look out for some photos.

Chokonana had a boy. Will update first page

Maybe you'll have a third if you get a girl this time?

Never say never! Im only 21 so theres hope of another but waiting atleast another 7-8 years! My sis is expecting in Sep so ill keep clothes either way just incase! My poor mothers only 56 and that will be her 6th grandchild :baby::haha:

Wow so many grandchildren. I think having a young nan is great. My mum will be 51 when her first is born and I love it that she's such a good age. My dad did actually moan at me that I should have had children earlier, can't do right for wrong me! :shrug: :dohh:

oh Greenlady, please excuse me for not noticing, but aren't you 37 weeks today?!!!! :happydance: :happydance:. Wowwweeee fully baked. Congrats!

What about you have you dropped do you think?

If my bump gets any higher it will hit my chin :shrug:
but I have noticed the last couple of days when I sit on the loo or a chair, it drops then. Weird

:rofl:

Anyway I'm not sure what dropping actually means, but for sure it doesn't necessarily happen to everyone until the last minute.

It's funny that you're 95% convinced you're having a boy. Will you be shocked then if you get a girl? I thinked I guessed girl for you but have no idea if I'm honest!

I will be floored. I'll have to keep checking it's bits to convince myself what I see is true. I actually said I am that confident it's a boy I'll run round naked so I'll let you know..........

My mum is 61 and and only has 2 other grandkids from my brother. She was desperate for me to have one!

Congrats to chokonana!

BTW most of the yellow bumps in March lambs have turned out to be pink. So although it seems like theres tonnes of blue it all evens out in the end I guess! Chele well perhaps you just have an instinct about it. I just don't if I'm honest!
xxx

Oh and I'M ON MATERNITY LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

I have really mixed emotions, my close colleagues were teary and I got a really nice send off with champers and presents. We went to the pub for a while, DH got a bit drunk and I drove home in mega traffic and it was quite stressful on top of all the emotions so I shed a few tears just now when we got home :cry:

But I'm now just trying to chill, we've ordered a pizza and I'm winding down. And I'm so relieved to be finished work now for a bit of a break before baby arrives. Hope everyone has a nice evening xxx

Emskins, that was a beautiful post, you made me cry! Wren is a gorgeous name, congrats on your pink bump!!
Greenlady, congrats on maternity leave! I'm waiting till 37 weeks until I go too, how were the last few weeks for you? Do you feel like you made the right decision about when to go?
My Mum is on at me about making her a Gran before she is 50. But really, her fault for having me so early!! This will be her first. My DH's Mum is 52, and this is her 7th (with the 8th due in september)!

Cat
xxx

Wow so many grandchildren. I think having a young nan is great. My mum will be 51 when her first is born and I love it that she's such a good age. My dad did actually moan at me that I should have had children earlier, can't do right for wrong me! :shrug: :dohh:

It is alot better her being a young nana, means i can ask her to babysit more often! :haha: She had my big sis at 18 then waited 17 years to have me, 2 younger sisters followed within 3 years! Poor dad wanted a boy and he ended up with 4 girls! :dohh: Aww is this your mum + dads first Grandchild? It will be spoilt rotten!!! Im having mine too young according to the elders.... We cant win eh!? :shrug:

Catfromaus - what a huge difference in grandchildren on yours + DH's side, youll be nagged into catching up soon! :wacko::haha:

Massive congrats to Emskins and Chokonana! xx

Yay to the maternity leave greenlady... now its time to relax! :coffee: easier said than done when the nesting kicks in eh! :laundry::dishes::iron::hangwashing: :haha:

Thanks for the well wishes, will try to post some pics and birth story soon!

My parents will be 46 as grandparents and PIL will be 52 and 56 so nice ages for all of them really.

Just three more days at work before I finish for maternity leave! I'm so ready to go now but I know it's going to be very emotional for me!

Have a growth scan in two weeks and will still be on team yellow after it. So excited to find out what we're having now though, I've been thinking girl for ages and ages and just recently have thought boy more again (thought boy all through first tri)...have a look at my 34+0 bump, what do you think!?

https://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd169/rachelwestlake/340bwcrop.jpg

We've definitely decided on Jacob Rivers as the name for a boy, but still fighting over the girls name. Might leave it until s/he's born and if a girl then just hope that after all I've been through DH lets me have my name (which he does like...but not as much as his own choice)! :haha:

Cat - yeah for me personally it was the right time. I have had a good pregnancy and only just starting to feel slowed down by it. I mean I have been walking slower etc for a while but I think the 'heavily pregnant' feeling has only just happened really. Also I'm the type of person I would get a bit bored with too much time off, and have a tendency to be a little lazy, then I get anoyed with myself for being lazy. I also feel guilty and bored when I'm off sick (which is basically never). So I guess it depends how you feel, its quite hard to know how you're GOING to feel when you're like 12 weeks pregnant. But I guess if you start to feel rubbish you could always take a bit of leave and go a bit earlier.

Nikkia - yeah having said all the above, I'm totally ready for a rest. But I DO have a mat leave 'to do' list, which in iteslf relieves the guilt of being lazy. I'm not sure I'll actually be bothered to repaint the hallway but it is on the list :blush:

MrsRaggle - not sure! But total guess I'd say girl, just because it looks quite high and a bit pointy. But yeah, you know, no idea really!!:haha:

Hope you're all well. I've been feeling lots of sensations and pressure in my lower areas today. We've been to a family lunch and then into the west end to John lewis (not recommended in a saturday when heavily pregnant actually) so now we're just resting up watching some telly :thumbup:

Chokonana - congrats!!!!!! :wohoo:

Afternoon All,
Havent been on very much over the past couple of days. Took my mum shopping on friday and out with my sister yday. How are we all doing?? Yday, being out shopping reminded me of why I dont go out on saturdays.... FAR FAR too busy!!!!!

Greenlady, just noticed your full term too!! Congrats to you hun!! Sorry its late :flower:

And Happy Mothers Day ladies :)

Hey ladies, just to let you know I posted my birth story and some pics in the annoucement section...

Hope you are all well!

Hey all hope you had a good weekend.

Greenlady-have you had a good start to your maternity leave?

Mrsraggle- love the name you've chosen. We'll soon see who's right.

Had a good weekend, nice and relaxing again really. Just had a pedicure today and feel like I am walking on air. And finally finished the nursery. Grrrrrr I had to put up the blanket box by myself yesterday as Man Utd were on and he "couldn't help" Grr I was so angry :growlmad:, but me woman, me woman done good and got it all together perfectly.

Off to Trafford Centre tomorrow for my last day out shopping before I lose all energy completely. It's going to be hard, as we spend hours there, but we'll fit in lots of starbucks :coffee:

Just off to read Emskins story...

Congrats again Emskins!
Chele - its been OK but a bit busy! I had the leaving do thing on Friday night then had to drive my pissed OH home, which was mega stressful as there was loads of traffic and roadworks and I'm still very much a part-time driver. Saturday, lunch with the in-laws, nice but a bit stressful, and a trip to John Lewis in Oxford street, also stressful! Yesterday I was relaxing and then I thought oh I'll just pop out to the shops for a while, 3 hours later I was staggering home with heavy bags feeling knackered.

Today, OH is off and we've had a nice relaxing morning (though I did have a shocking night's sleep). Then we decied we need to build a raised bed in the garden for our veggies, so we're round the corner at the timber shop and of course the planks we buy don't fit in the car. Hmm OK so we'll just CARRY them home, which would have been tricky without being 8 and a half months pregnant! flippin heck I need to learn to put my feet up! :wacko:

Sorry for long reply! Tomorrow is a me day and I'm going to chill out. I'm v glad to be off now in fact. My colleagues at work have already emailed me and said how jammy I am for having such nice weather on my first days leave (It's been sunny all day here :flower: :winkwink:

How is everyone else??

Emskins - congrats on your baby girl! :happydance:

I am so excited now, espeically as you said it made it so special not knowing too. I have a baby lying in transverse position now after lying breech for weeks and weeks. It is really painful having the little one poking body parts out and having it both sides of my bump at the same time OUCH.

Oh greenlady I'm so jealous you are on maternity leave! I'm off in 2 weeks and although it is early (I have to with my maternity entitlement) I think because I know I am leaving, I am gagging to go :haha: Think I will be a bit emotional though xx

Greenlady - tut tut tut, you need to relax more. OK shopping is one thing but lugging round big planks of wood! Do you want to go into labour?!Hmmm actually what a good idea :rofl:

Widger - better transverse than breech though in the long run surely?

I am just hoping and praying mine is head down still. When flump had hiccups last night I could feel them at the side instead of down near my bottom. All will be revealed when I see the MW on Thursday.

Chele - I forgot to say congrats on last ticker box!!! only 4 weeks to go.

My baby has been going crazy tonight, though a bit calmer right now. And I'm def feeling more sensations down low, so I'm hoping getting in the right position. I don't want to go into labour just yet, so maybe I'll give the timber carrying a rest! But yeah I reckon still head down, as I get all the dancing feet under my right boob and a bottom right between them.

Widger - I reckon at 29 weeks there still plenty of time for baby to move head down. And if its transverse - well you're halfway there!

Hi All,
Hope everyone is well, and LOs are cooking nicely :)
Hoping your LO moves into position soon Widger, the movements sound painful at the moment!
I babysat my niece on the weekend, had her overnight. It was great, gave me a lot more confidence for when mine arrives (niece is 11 months old).
Thanks for your info on mat leave Greenlady, sometimes I doubt I can go that long, but I'm going to give it a go!

Cat
xxx

Well I'm up early after a better night's sleep and feeling good. I have a friend (girl I met on here actually) coming over later this morning so I'd better just go and tidy up a bit xx
Wishing everyone a nice day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->