Team Yellow Buddies ***18 boys / 16 girls

Hope you had a nice day Greenlady, wow you're up early!

Cat-how long did you babysit for?

I had a fab day at the Trafford Centre with my mum. She bought loads of make up, some perfume and a watch for me for my birthday, and a Dumbo rattle for flump. And I bought....... a nail file :rofl:
But it was a lovely trip and my mum looked fab after having her make up done.

I had a good day, tidied the house up a bit, the weather was just stunning and I was having tea in the garden with my friend talking about pregnancy and birth late morning. Then went for swim, ran into a lady from NCT class on the way back, had a relaxing afternoon, hypnotherpy CD (nearly dropped off). Now just chilling on the sofa (and computer obv!). Only bummer is hubby at work all day and all night :cry:

Chele you sound like me, if I ever go shopping with someone else I ALWAYS come home with very little or nothing and they get a whole bundle :wacko: but nothing makes me so indecisive as other people tbh. Nice to spend time with your mum though. Reminds me I need to get some more make-up before LO is here...

chele, enjoy your nail file :)
Hopefully you'll find time to spoil yourself soon- you deserve it!!
We babysat for almost 24 hours, and she was perfect!
Greenlady- you make maternity leave sound SO appealing!!

cat
xxx

My nailfile is fabulous and perfect for my silks! :rofl:

Sounds like a lovely day Greenlady. When do you finish Cat?

Had my haircut today, first time in 3 months and it feels sooooo much better. Can't believe I left it so long, that's not like me.

Ok so I had a dream last night I had a girl, and keep thinking daughter when I think long term. Maybe I'll reduce my 95% boy certainty to 90%

I had a very good MW appt today (38 weeks). I am 2/5ths engaged, baby is in the perfect position, all tests clear. So basically I'm more or less ready to go. She thought my birth plan was very good and I got to go over a few details with her.

My next appt is booked for my EDD and she said so I'll see you either in 2 weeks or maybe before at home with the baby!!! Wow its getting close now. Also I'm no longer measuring small, so either my baby has had a final growth spurt (4cm in 2 weeks?) or the last MW didn't measure very well. I don't put too much on it tbh.

Cat, yes it's great, you'll love it! I am glad I didn't give myself too long as I definitely have enough to do for the next 2 weeks so I wont get bored. I'm off to meet some NCT mummies for coffee tomorrow and get to coo over a couple of the babies (3 of 8 born so far).

And I'm off to the shops again now to buy some ingredients to make chocolate brownies and banana bread YUM!

xxx

I still feel like I have ages before maternity leave- and reading your posts makes me jealous!
But then, I'm a teacher, and I look at my kids and think I don't want to leave them either.
My last day of work is June 4th- so far away!

Chele, glad to hear you love the haircut, also its so exciting speculating on the gender, isn't it? I'm pretty sure I saw girl at my scan, but I'm carrying so low, and craving sour cream...maybe I have a little boy inside? Just like you, I was 95% sure, and now I'm starting to doubt myself! It will be interesting to see if your maternal instincts are right- not long now!

Greenlady, hope things move along nicely for you as well. It must be so weird, knowing everything is ready to go, and just waiting for baby to make an appearance! Can't wait to find out about your bump!

Cat
xxx

Mmm brownies.

Well I might have a March baby after all!! Or at least an easter baby. I saw my consultant today and once again I have 2+ protein and high BP, so another round of 24 hour urine collection for me today and then back to clinic next Thursday to contemplate inducing me.............!!! Actually, I don't mind as I am desperate not to go over my due date, although being induced won't be fun. It's all becoming a bit real now and I nearly burst into tears in the consultants room as I can't believe I could have a baby here in the next couple of weeks.

OMG Chele! You'll have your baby before me! how unfair! only joking, it's not the ideal way to go, but you know, gotta do what you gotta do. Perhaps they'll let you go for another couple of weeks till the beginning of April. Otherwie I reckon you'll be a lamb and I'll be a sweet pea!

Anyway best of luck with it all :hugs:

Brownies are in the oven now. mmm.

Ooo send me a brownie over.

Yeah can only do what they tell me. My preference is an easter weekend baby. My birthday is April 7th and I was born at Easter so April 4th has a nice ring to it. Hope I get a choice, but am glad it looks like they won't let me go over my due date which is what concerns me most. I am desperate not to get to 42 weeks as have a bad feeling in my bones and would be very very happy to have it on my due date.

Are we all baking today? I'm making a victoria sandwich :)

I had my hair cut yesterday, from down my back to neck height. Sort of missing my hair a little today but it's in much better condition! It'll soon grow back anyway.

IKEA are delivering the final piece of the nursery today so it'll all be finished at the weekend. I'll post photos once done :)

wow chele, were they suggesting they might start inducing you next thursday? or just decide if that's the route to go? How exciting!!! i know it might not be ideal but on the other hand it would be lovely to have a schedule! lol

Glad everything's ready for you too Greenlady - make the most of you maternity leave, sounds lovely, can't wait!!!!

and Cat - it seems like ages away until we stop doesnt it? dont' worry, it'll be us soon enough ;)

have a lovely day yellowers
:hugs:

I love baking! I have to say though I do get a bit bored of eating cakes n things. Brownie's are made, I'm taking some with me now when I meet with some friends for coffee, but then have another tin worth going spare... and I don't wanna eat it! Chele I would post some to you if I could I swear!

Normally before I would take stuff to work (gone in about 10 minutes), but now I'm just going to have leftovers all the time so I think I'm going to have to give it a rest or maybe I'll set up a cake stall outside my house :haha:

Cat and moongirl - it will come soon enough don't worry!

Chele - I'm thinking Easter weekend might be it for me too, the 4th of the 4th does have a nice ring to it. Obv keep us posted.

Mrs Raggle look forward to seeing your nursery pics. My poor kid isn't going to get anything special for a while, just a basket in our room followed by a neutrally decorated spare room :blush:

I'm suddenly thinking I might want a changing table, as we just have a mat on top of a chest of drawers now. It's a little high for me and :dohh: just realised there's not really anywhere to store nappies etc in our room. Do you think they're worth it? I was thinking maybe just get a cheapie like this: https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_124_10751_-1_14056_97992_10001_14056

Are we all baking today? I'm making a victoria sandwich :)

I had my hair cut yesterday, from down my back to neck height. Sort of missing my hair a little today but it's in much better condition! It'll soon grow back anyway.

IKEA are delivering the final piece of the nursery today so it'll all be finished at the weekend. I'll post photos once done :)

Can't wait for photos. It's the week for haircuts too it seems!

I adore baking. Well the results from my wednesday baking is that there is little taste difference between bilberry and blueberry pies and considering bilberries about 3 x the price of blueberries, we'll be sticking to blueberry in the end.

I used to bake for work all the time so am missing doing that, but at least doing it as my mums means my parents, aunt uncle and cousins get to eat it all and I get a little bit to take home

Moongirl- yeah they said either 37,38 39 or 40 weeks, so looks to be quite certain I won't go past my due date. It's very exciting as knowing me I'll need inducing at 42 weeks anyway so why not just do it sooner rather than later. Of course I don't actually know that but i get the feeling the pancreas is knackered and it's just better for me and baby with all my BP problems, to get my little baby into the world. I'll know more next Thursday and will keep you posted!! It's going to drag so much this week!

Greenlady - I love my changing table and will make so much use of it and the cupboards underneath it too. The one you've chosen is lovely and I personally would get it.

Hiya girls! :D Just thought id pop in and see how were all doing? Im sooo bored just now its depressing! My sons been at his dads since Monday and he isnt home till tuesday so ive nothing keeping me busy! :( My sisters are getting really annoyed at me cos i keep phoning them! :haha:

Anyone having any labour signs? I was getting cramping the other day but turned out to be nothing :( Hopefully itll start again soon.... gimme something to do! :haha:

Thinking of booking a pregnancy massage for me + my sis, :cloud9: maybe start something off for me and relax my sis a bit.... shes getting to that cranky stage of pregnancy so thought id treat her! :flower: Anyone had one and are they worth it? :shrug:

Hope yous are all well and babys are happy! :baby:

Wow! So much happening!

Chele, will be hoping that Easter is it for you then, inducing isn't the best, but at least you'll have your baby with you :)

Good luck and labour dust to Greenlady and Nikkia (can't believe you want to be in labour for something to do!!!)

Moongirl, I know, it won't be too long. This pregnancy has gone by so quickly already!

MrsRaggle, looking forward to the nursery pics. I don't have any plans for the nursery yet, although I am picking up a cot this weekend (bought it cheap on ebay), so it will start to take shape soon.

Hope everyone is well, glad you're all getting baking done (I leave that up to the hubby! You all sound so domesticated!)

Cat
xxx

Nikkia - what about some gardening, cleaning, walking. I've got a tonne of paperwork to sort out - boring but needs to be done. And I'm going for a swim today I think. I think just keeping distracted and moving about should get things in the right position at least ...

Re massage - I've seen some other threads on here where people have recommended them, the idea is that the relaxation can help get things started. I guess your body has got to be sort of ready in the first place but it's worth a try. Also you could try acupunture. I haven't thought about doing any of that yet...

Cat - my hubby is a chef so he normally does a lot of the cooking. But he's taught me a lot and I enjoy cooking as well. Baking is weird maybe its something mummy-like to do, to make a nice treat and then give it out to everyone. As I said though I end up with stuff I don't want to eat - not because its not nice just because there's too much.

Have a nice day one and all xxx

I loved baking when i was a kid, but hadn't really done any until i got pregnant! so i agree greenlady, definitely a mummy feeling thing to do :haha: Though i'm such a beginner, its pretty basic! I made lemony cupcakes last weekend which were yummy tho, might try and find a recipe for muffins for this weekend as i hear they're pretty easy too!

happy friday everyone!
:hugs:

Just found out that the lady who was employed to cover my maternity leave (who I spent half of last week training) has already left, apparently the job was beneath her! So annoying. I didn't think she was all that good anyway but it wasn't my choice to emply her. And the job is definitely not beneath her. If she didn't like it fair enough but she had 4 days last week to let us know that.

And today has been a write off, feeling totally knackered for the first time in a while, and I'm not going to get through all the things on my list :( perhaps I'll just go easy on myself and have a chill.

Chill honey, you've only got 10 days left anyway. Grr so annoying about the lady at work, but hey, now it's not your problem so its up to your company to sort it out but a pain that you trained her for nothing.

Am in a baking mood but got no ingredients. Got to wait in all day tomorrow for the midwife to come and then Tuesday I have no car as it's got to go in the garage for the mud flaps to be looked at. Grrrrr so no baking til Wednesday for me. We need to post photos of what we bake this week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->