Team Yellow Buddies ***18 boys / 16 girls

Ah greenlady she is so cute and adorable. And you came home the same day?! That's brilliant. So how's it going so far? xxx

Ooh its a bumpy ride but so lovely! my milk has just come in today and my boobs are pretty sore, but shes feeding well, a bit too well she did a big vom while we were changing her and she started choking on it, mum turned her right almost upside down and banged her back and she was fine after a little bit but god that was scary. She's also been a bit tricky going down in the moses basket and wants to be held constantly, but we've managed to get her down now and its getting easier every time.

She is just SO gorgeous and I'm so besotted, just a bit of a nervous first time mum!
xxx

Good question Cat!

How many team yellows have a boy and girl name picked out? And are you going to share!?

Good question Cat!

How many team yellows have a boy and girl name picked out? And are you going to share!?

We have Jacob picked out for a boy but we cannot decide on a girl's name we both love. Here's our list though:

Constance
Evaline
Eloise
Elsie

How's life with LO at home Chele and Greenlady? Did you guys have names sorted out before you met your baby, or did they look like a Max/Flora?

Cat
xxx

We had 3 boys names and 3 girls names chosen. Max we were 99% certain on having, and he looked like a Max too.

week 29 bump! First time I'm taking a bump pic :p

Still waiting for the big watermelon belly :)

Attachments

• SDC11000.jpg
    SDC11000.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 0
We only had 1 boy name and 1 girl name picked out so we were a bit stuffed if we decided we didn't like them after all!

I'm hoping my little one looks like a particular name! For a boy we have Austin or Owen. For as girl we have a big fat nothing :) Is it possible that if its a girl it will come out wearing a sign or something?!?! I think she might be nameless until we get to know her a bit. Kind of hoping I have a boy for that reason, lol.

Greenlady, sounds like a scary moment, glad everything is okay. I'm sure as time goes on you'll get more confidence, great that your Mum is there at the moment though.

Nessah, lovely bump! I think mine is about the same, I'll post one either tomorrow or the next day, you can compare! Everyone tells me I'm massive!

MrsRaggle, I love all your names, I like Evaline the best (I brought this one up with DH, but was instantly vetoed!)

Cat
xxx

Hi Team yellow! Hope you're all well ..

Just wanted to say that I've posted my birth story here if anyone wants to read it :blush:
[thread=305406]Flora's waterbirth on April Fool's day[/thread]

:flower:

Hi Team yellow! Hope you're all well ..

Just wanted to say that I've posted my birth story here if anyone wants to read it :blush:
[thread=305406]Flora's waterbirth on April Fool's day[/thread]

:flower:

Here it is, the 29 week bump!:cloud9: Actually, this picture makes it look a bit big!

Greenlady, I'm headed off to read your birth story next, congratulations again!

cat
xxx

Attachments

• 04042010027.jpg
    04042010027.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1
we had a list of names for both, I knew that Wren was my favourite name if we had a girl but we decided we would wait for the arrival before giving the baby a name and as it happens when she arrived we knew that Wren was the right name for her. We had Desmond and Clark as the front runners for boys......

Something stupid has me feeling a bit down today...

My SIL is pregnant as well, due 12 weeks after me. She called today to tell me that she has a private gender scan booked in for 2 weeks time, she can't wait to find out what her baby is so that she can give him/her a name. I'm worried she's going to take one of the few names I like! I feel really selfish, but I'm cranky with her and I want first pick of names!

Anyway, had to get that off my chest, as it is a team yellow related problem, I figured I'd put it in here, otherwise I'd be screaming at my SIL for no real reason, lol!

Thanks for listening, hope everyone is well :)

Cat
xxx

Oh no Cat, nightmare! Can you say to her oh no what if we choose the same name? keep it light, see what she says!?

My best friend was 2 weeks ahead of me, and when we discussed it, we said we wanted it to be a secret i told her the letters mine began with, and she said she wouldnt choose names with those letters and vise versa!

We subsequently fell out in a big way and are no longer frineds and i was then really nervous she might steal the names in spite, but she didnt! So was all ok!

Hope your SIL is nice, im sure she is also worried about the same thing?

Hi guys!!

I've been away on holiday for a week, so have only just started to catch up on all the news! 2 new babies, how exciting!! :happydance: Congratulations on the safe arrival of Max and Flora girls!

Chele - it sounds like you had a bit of a scary time, what with the emergency c-section. Still so glad it all went well in the end and hope your OH has recovered from the shock ;) Max is so small and cute!!

Greenlady - well done, Flora is gorgeous! and your birth story sounds so sweet and calm! I love how involved your OH was allowed to be, really lovely.

A big congrats to you both - hope you're both doing well, bodies recovering and coping with the night feeds etc!

Cat, i understand how you feel! I have seven friends/family members (including my sis in law) due within 2 months of me and i'm worried they might beat me to a name.... even though i don't really have a front runner at the moment :doh: Have you told your SIL any of your favourite names? is it worth discussing with her before she has the scan?

hope the rest of you yellow ladies are doing well!

:hugs:

Thanks for understanding! I feel a bit stupid worrying about it, we have completely different taste anyway!
I did tell her that if ours is a boy we like Austin, so if she picks that I'll be really mad! And to be honest, probably still call ours Austin anyway (even if it does lead to a few arguments...)

Cat
xxx

Good question Cat!

Still struggling with boy names. All the names we have are feminine.
Not sure if it will do much good sharing names, esp. since we are using African names-lol

Nessah, I'm the opposite! I can think of at least 5 boys names that I love...but not a single girls name! I think I'll have to just pick one and hope I grow to love it if LO is a girl!

Cat
xxx

haha i've given up on the name front for the moment, hoping inspiration will strike :haha:

there are lots of girls names that i like but none that i really love if you know what i mean. and i find most boys names a bit dull! Plus i'm a really indecisive type, this poor baby will probably go unnamed for weeks ;)

Off to my first antenatal class this afternoon, looking forward to meeting some other expectant mums in my area. Hope it's useful!

Have a nice day all
x

I have the same problem with my SIL. She is 12 weeks behind me and they had started thinking of names at week 12 or something... we've only just touched on the subject. I am so not sure what we are going to choose/pick?? But I reckon that we are going to have our babies first so we get first pick :rofl: Seriously, I do. I've already had to discount names because I'm a teacher and with all our other friends that have names!! I'm not going to back down if we choose one we reeally like. Although should get a move on really :haha:

By the way, Austin is on our list.... but I'm not your SIL so hope that is ok :haha: don't think hubby will choose it though as name is in his family a bit too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->