Team Yellow Buddies ***18 boys / 16 girls

lol widger, I'm a teacher too, and a LOT of names get discounted that way!

And I completely recommend Austin, gorgeous name (just not a name for my nephew!) I would feel like a horrible person stealing 'her' name, because she'll name her baby first, even if I meet mine first. To be honest, I might feel differently if I was set on my name choices, but I'm not. I'll just be super cranky if she picks Austin!

Moongirl, hope your class went well. I left mine too late, so couldn't get in.

Cat
xxx

Ooh go team yellow! :happydance:

I’m Tess, 27, expecting first bubs on Oct 8th. And I am defo not finding out the sex!! Please add me to the list :thumbup:

I really don’t get the attraction of finding out and am really surprised by the amount of people who do – not that I would begrudge anyone who does, each to their own and all that. I just thought it was more common for people not to find out. This is one little surprise we are strictly keeping for the birth!

Hi guys!

Welcome purple poirot - cute avatar!!

Well antenatal class yesterday was fine, wouldn't say i learnt anything too surprising, think i read too much of this stuff on here!! We mainly covered pregnancy aches and pains and sorted out dates for the hospital ward visit etc. Still it was nice to meet other mums to be.

well its nearly the weekend, and i can't wait! i'm shattered today so hopefully will find some time to just chill as weather is meant to be nice here.

anyone got anything exciting planned?

Have a lovely friday!!
:hugs:

Hi Purple Poirot! Welcome aboard!

Moongirl, glad you enjoyed your class. I was wondering if I'd miss anything important, but I do read a heck of a lot on here anyway, so I'm thinking I'll be right!

Cat
xxx

Hi! I'm Holly and I'm 27, due Aug 10 2010.
DH and I are not finding out the sex much to the disappointment of my family! Its ours first child and I think it will be a wonderful surprise!

Thanks for the welcome ladies! Looking forward to getting to know you all! :)

hey to the two newcomers, Purple Poirot and HollySSmith. Added to the front page.

Am getting a bit tired now, so hoping Max has a good night. He's so sweet though

Hope you're all doing well. now who's next?

Hi, I am a member of team yellow but haven't posted on this thread for a while. Chele and Greenlady, your babies are beautiful. Congratulations!

I am still on team yellow, had a 3d scan done at 30/31 weeks, had to go back three times as had a very unco-operative baby! They only charged us once though, which is good. They want you to get the best pictures possible for the money you pay! I said to the sonographer that we didn't wish to know the sex and would we need to look away at any point, the sonographer told me that its harder to see the sex via 3d than 2d which surprised me so there was no need not to look at any point. Even though on team yellow and not wanting to know what gender the baby is, I couldn't help but try and have a peek when she was scanning the thigh bones/legs. My husband said he did the same even though he wants to know even less than I do. Why do we do this! :winkwink: In any event, couldn't see anything, hence why I'm not a sonographer I guess. So baby's gender is still unknown to me!

Haven't got any names yet really, my favourite name for a girl is Evie Rose, husband is not sure. We also like Jessica, and Willow. For a boy we are stuck. I like Finlay, not sure how I would spell it yet tbh, but husband doesn't like it! He wants to call him Zachary if its a boy. He will have my husband's name, Matthew, for a middle name if its a boy, following a family tradition his end :wacko: I always thought picking a name would be easy as there is loads I like but I want a name which is just right and the baby will be stuck with whatever we pick. It's hard to get that special name which is perfect. Anyway, hope all you team yellowers are well :flower: xxxx

Hi to Holly and sparkledust!Sparkle, I think I accidentally saw during my scan, so I know that temptation to look! I'm still officially team yellow though!

Chele, hoping that Max gets some sleep for you! I bet you are exhausted after everything :)

I've been stressing a little about baby movement, midwife assures me everything is fine, but I still spend an awful lot of time kick counting! Hopefully this stressiness is just a phase, cause I can't do this for another 11 weeks!

Cat
xxx

Hi ladies - good to see you're all staying strong on team yellow. And wishing you all well for the weeks to come. I know it sounds strange but really do try to enjoy it, I miss the feeling of the tap tapping inside me and a bum poking out under my boobs! Of course having my gorgeous baby in my arms is pretty precious too :) just saying that for me the last trimester really prepared me for the birth and try not to wish it away.

Also, it is pure magic holding your baby in your arms then having a look down between the legs to find out! It's so strange I thought for about half my pregnancy that we were having a boy, and I thought I wanted a boy first, but somwhere along the line I started thinking of the baby as 'she' and I'm not sure where that came from. I never convinced myself either way and wouldn't have been disappointed with either. But now I have my teeny girl I can't imagine having a boy! In the future yes but it all just seems to fit into place when you finally know who you've been growing all this time...

Chele it is tiring isn't it! Flora sleeps quite well between 12 and 4 or even 5 am. But she feeds like a monster between 6 and midnight so by the time I finally get to bed my boobs are properly aching. How are you recovering from your c-section?

xxxxxxxxx

Greenlady and Chele- so glad you are both doing so well! Be great to see more pics :)

Cat - Oh all right then I'll show off my baby (don't need much convincing do I? :haha:)

Here she is with daddy slightly squished, peaceful in my arms, and just after a sponge bath. There's some cute ones on the camera I haven't downloaded yet too.

Hope you guys are all well x

IMG_0151.jpg IMG_0128.jpg IMG_0149.jpg

Hi ladies - good to see you're all staying strong on team yellow. And wishing you all well for the weeks to come. I know it sounds strange but really do try to enjoy it, I miss the feeling of the tap tapping inside me and a bum poking out under my boobs! Of course having my gorgeous baby in my arms is pretty precious too :) just saying that for me the last trimester really prepared me for the birth and try not to wish it away.

Also, it is pure magic holding your baby in your arms then having a look down between the legs to find out! It's so strange I thought for about half my pregnancy that we were having a boy, and I thought I wanted a boy first, but somwhere along the line I started thinking of the baby as 'she' and I'm not sure where that came from. I never convinced myself either way and wouldn't have been disappointed with either. But now I have my teeny girl I can't imagine having a boy! In the future yes but it all just seems to fit into place when you finally know who you've been growing all this time...

Chele it is tiring isn't it! Flora sleeps quite well between 12 and 4 or even 5 am. But she feeds like a monster between 6 and midnight so by the time I finally get to bed my boobs are properly aching. How are you recovering from your c-section?

xxxxxxxxx

I can only echo what Greenlady says. I am so glad we stayed team yellow and stayed strong. It was amazing to see what was hiding underneath the umbilical chord.

I keep searching BNB for clues as to when I can expect Max to go longer than 2.5 hrs at night. I am so tired looking at the clock all the time. I don;'t want to wish this time away though because he's so small and precious and I know it won't be long before he's a big boy.

Am recovering ok from the c-section surprisingly. Although a section of my scar has started to weep so am going to get some antibiotics. It's so difficult to keep it aired, and it's in such a funny position, right where you bend that it just makes it impossible to do anything with.

haha I dont need to be told twice to share more photos

Here you go:
https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/chele80/Max/P1000575.jpghttps://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/chele80/Max/P1000585.jpghttps://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/chele80/Max/P1000589.jpghttps://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/chele80/Max/P1000592.jpghttps://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk232/chele80/Max/P1000595.jpg

Oh, they are so beautiful! Chele, the yawning picture is so precious :) I love Flora's cardigan in the pic with her Daddy, they are making me so excited to meet my LO!

I really hope that Max's sleeping improves, but I think you have the right way of looking at things, you don't want to wish this time away, look at how gorgeous he is! I'm sure he'll settle into a routine soon (although a lot of my friends have warned me to expect to feel like a robot for the first three months...)

Cat
xxx

Hi all!!

Cat - congrats on 30 weeks!! only 10 to go, getting close now :happydance:

Holly - welcome! you're due on my wedding anniversary!! its a really nice time of year :)

Chele - glad to hear you are recovering well and that Max gets into a good sleeping pattern soon!

Greenlady - i can understand that - i think i'll miss being pregnant too even though we'll be able to hold our little baby! it is so special feeling the kicks and bumps! Glad you're managing to get a few unbroken hours sleep!

And both of you, the photo's are adorable!!! they are so tiny and precious! honestly, they make me all teary (bloomin hormones!) - so looking forward to meeting my little one!

Gorgeous photos Chele & Greenlady!

Cat - why do we get that temptation to look between the legs at the scans!!! I won't ask you what you thought you saw though haha xxx

I will though...... Cat what did you see? :haha:

After our 21 week scan I started thinking that we were having a boy as sonographer moved into 'that area' and said, please can you look away again in a bit of a panic. My husband said, she only did that because there were bits in that direction. But to be honest, since then I've started thinking I may be having a girl again as she was telling us every body part at our scan and I couldn't make out any of it :rofl: If she'd gone into that area and there wasn't any tackle :haha: then she'd prob have thought we'd know what that was too? What do you think?

Love the photos Chele and Greenlady. I often wonder how strange it will be not to feel my baby moving about... I suppose you have enough on your plate to imagine it?

So, who is next on the list?

Hi Widger - for the first couple of days after the birth I had phantom kicks where she always used to poke her feet out under my right boob. It was so weird. That's stopped now though. It's nice to have my body back as knackered as it is, but you're right I'm distracted enough not to think about it too much!

After our 21 week scan I started thinking that we were having a boy as sonographer moved into 'that area' and said, please can you look away again in a bit of a panic. My husband said, she only did that because there were bits in that direction. But to be honest, since then I've started thinking I may be having a girl again as she was telling us every body part at our scan and I couldn't make out any of it :rofl: If she'd gone into that area and there wasn't any tackle :haha: then she'd prob have thought we'd know what that was too? What do you think?

Hmm I don't know, if it was me, I would probably think the same as your husband and assume there were blatant boy parts! But i don't know, you may be right with what you said! when I had my scan, I asked and they said there was no need to look away at any point. It's funny, we want to stay on team yellow but can't stop speculating. That's part of the fun though isn't it :winkwink: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->