Team Yellow Buddies ***18 boys / 16 girls

Hope Widger & are Sparkledust09 doing great. Hang in there ladies!!! Your LOs will be here soon :baby:

Hope you're right nessah!!! Its annoying seeing people due around same time as me - and some due after - having their babies and mine is being stubborn. I want to meet it! :wacko:

Pleased you had a lovely baby shower! Did you get lots of nice things for the little one?

Having a nice weekend thanks, didn't do much but its nice to have my husband home with me xxx

Nessah, tell more about your baby shower! Mine is in 2 weeks, I'm not sure what to expect!
Sparkledust, your ticker says your pregnancy is 99% done- that must mean baby is just around the corner, right? At least you know that worst case scenario, LO is 2 weeks away!

Cat
xxx

Hi cat - just noticed the ticker has updated to 100% even though baby not due till tomorrow! I'm hoping I'm not going to be kept waiting too much longer. Where I live, they give a sweep at 7 days overdue and then induce you at 10 days. So at the very latest the baby should be here by the end of May! Keep your fingers crossed for me!! :winkwink: xxx

I don't' know whether I'm having a May or June baby... the rate things are going though I'm going to have June baby. My little one is still really active and I thought they were supposed to calm down a little?? It really doesn't have that much room in there anymore either.

I've just eaten a whole pineapple and now feel sick :sick: will have to try BDing at some point although I've been falling asleep most nights and not got the energy after months of absence in that area :rofl:

You trying anything sparkledust?

:rofl: your eviction methods are great Widger- I'll be watching to see if they work! I don't know if I can eat a whole pineapple though- I haven't even been able to stomach the raspberry leaf tea :)
Sparkledust- 100%!! That is exciting- really hoping you won't go too much longer without LO making an appearance!

Cat
xxx

Mrsraggle, how is motherhood treating ya? :)

I'm doing OK - past the worst of the hormones now I hope and feeling much more like the old me. Just a very tired version! Hubby is helping 50:50 at the moment which is a mahoosive help and I'm dreading him going back to work in a fortnight. I just hope everything feels more routine by then.

We've had 12 hours or so without a poo and just had an EXPLOSIVE one which was fun :haha: E was getting really uncomfy and restless though which makes me feel so helpless.

How are you?

Get on the raspberry leaf tea, if anything it might help my mind during labour as it is supposed to help 2nd stage and make your contractions more regular or something instead of starting labour off?? I'm now on 4 cups a day and to be honest, I'll try anything to help childbirth :rofl: You can start taking one cup a day now Cat. I then increased it week by week. I can't stomach it much either, doesn't taste dodgy, just not always in mood for hot drink so I have two cups a day with two tea bags in.

Ok, so today I think I've just worked out what Braxton Hicks are?? I just felt incredibly breathless and my tummy was really really tight. Still tight now but better.... is this braxton hicks? I've obviously had it before but not really thought anything about it... now I'm hoping that this is a sign :rofl:

Lovely to hear from you MrsRaggle. Glad things seem to be settling down a little xx

Oh the joys of nappy changing :rofl:

Hope you're right nessah!!! Its annoying seeing people due around same time as me - and some due after - having their babies and mine is being stubborn. I want to meet it! :wacko:

Pleased you had a lovely baby shower! Did you get lots of nice things for the little one?

Having a nice weekend thanks, didn't do much but its nice to have my husband home with me xxx

We got lots of nice gifts. Even got a complete TRAVEL SYSTEM (car seat/baby carrier/ stroller).

Got lots of yellow outfits and diapers too-lol

I missed out on a baby shower as not common over in UK. Sounds great Nessah. Your little one is spoilt already :)

Nessah, tell more about your baby shower! Mine is in 2 weeks, I'm not sure what to expect!
Sparkledust, your ticker says your pregnancy is 99% done- that must mean baby is just around the corner, right? At least you know that worst case scenario, LO is 2 weeks away!

Cat
xxx

Well, it was all put together by friends at my church.
I just showed up :D
The hall was decorated with yellow and brown balloons. Every mom had their oldest daughter with them, so it was like a mom/daughter outing.

They asked me to put up a Baby Registry so at least people know what to buy. At the end of the day, we got like 50% of our registry and a few other practical things we might or might not use.

There were lots of games....hehehe, all fun. Each table made a baby out of Playdoh and I had to pick my favorite-hahahaha.
Also had lots of food. My family was there, so it was such a wonderful experience.

We still have a few things to pick up, and I should be getting around to that by the end of the week. Looks like I'm 50% ready for the baby.

Still haven't packed my hospital bag yet:nope:

Who is planning yours?

I've just eaten a whole pineapple and now feel sick :sick: will have to try BDing at some point although I've been falling asleep most nights and not got the energy after months of absence in that area :rofl:

:haha: My bestfriend had her baby the day after she ate an entire pineapple.
Unfortunately, I am allergic to pineapple, so need to find another eviction strategy.

What does "BDing" mean?

Mrsraggle, how is motherhood treating ya? :)

I'm doing OK - past the worst of the hormones now I hope and feeling much more like the old me. Just a very tired version! Hubby is helping 50:50 at the moment which is a mahoosive help and I'm dreading him going back to work in a fortnight. I just hope everything feels more routine by then.

We've had 12 hours or so without a poo and just had an EXPLOSIVE one which was fun :haha: E was getting really uncomfy and restless though which makes me feel so helpless.

How are you?

Awww...glad hubby is helping.
Massive poos eh? Hehehehe, sounds exciting

Babies have a mind of their own, hope she settles down soon. Too bad you have to go back to work so soon? :growlmad:

I'm doing good. Just shared my baby shower experience. Been tired lately, and I have a few things to sort out before LO arrives.
We are 50% ready for the baby, so hopefully, we can have everything in place by next week! (Fingers crossed).

I missed out on a baby shower as not common over in UK. Sounds great Nessah. Your little one is spoilt already :)

I wasn't expecting one either, but friends insisted.
Yeah.... he/she is spoilt :baby:

I'm sure you will get loads of gifts once your LO arrives.
I found out from my shower tho' that a few people weren't so thrilled about me staying on team yellow- :D

I don't' know whether I'm having a May or June baby... the rate things are going though I'm going to have June baby. My little one is still really active and I thought they were supposed to calm down a little?? It really doesn't have that much room in there anymore either.

You trying anything sparkledust?

I am getting desperate - I had a homemade curry on Friday, I got some raspberry leaf tea which I HATE - I despise fruity teas! I also have a pineapple to eat. Must eat that tonight. Yesterday we went out in the car and drove fast over the speed bumps but the little one didn't budge. I'm thinking we may have to try :sex: soon :blush: although I have to say I'm not keen. Husband says he will make another curry tomorrow night if no sign of baby. I wonder if you will get a June baby Widger. I know mine should definitely be May as will be induced on the 28th if no sign of baby. What you were saying about Braxton Hicks - sounds like what I get. My tummy goes really hard and tight and I get breathless. I have been having them for a few weeks now.

Sounds like you had a lovely baby shower Nessah! :flower: I didn't have one, like Widger said they aren't common here in the UK. i did get lots of nice yellow things from my work colleagues when I went on maternity leave though and they decorated my desk and took me for a meal so that was kind of like a baby shower!

Right I am going to have some pineapple...!

Hi all, hope we are well :)

Mrsraggle, good to hear from you, glad that you and Eloise are settling in ok.

Sparkledust and Widger, hope baby is coming soon- keep eating those pineapples, plenty of walking, curries, everything you can think of!

Nessah, your baby shower sounds great! I've also got friends from church organising mine, so hopefully it will be fun :)

My mother in law is going away today, so she came and brought over some things she'd bought for LO in case she misses the arrival- nearly everything she's bought is pink! So I know which way she's guessing, lol!

Cat
xxx

:rofl: is your mother in law a psychic or something? How do they think they know? My friend had a baby 4 weeks ago and was CONVINCED she was having a boy, ended up being a girl. Another had her baby 3 days ago, CONVINCED it was a girl and ended up having a boy :rofl:

Sparkledust - I think we should probably just stop trying, don't you think? :haha: it obviously isn't working. I did manage :sex: last night too and baby is still happy to stay in there. Going for a walk later.... come on baby widger... I'm ready for you now xx Happy due date too :dance:

Well here I am on my due date and no sign of baby! Went to midwife today and the baby's head is 2-3/5ths engaged. I get a sweep next Tues 25th May if he/she not here by then, and they will arrange my induction for 30th May if no joy after that, which is 12 days time. She recommended sex to get the baby out! My husband is pretty keen of course, but thats men for you. :rofl:Although I do agree Widger, maybe we should stop trying so hard. Its annoying being so helpless about something!

Hmmm Cat - bit risky your mum in law buying pink clothes! Why is she so sure? :laugh2: I can't wait to find out what gender my baby is, its weird to think there's a little boy or girl in there. I want my baby out now! :hissy:

:yipee: Well at least you now have dates to look forward to... hopefully your baby will make an appearance before then though. Just get jiggy a bit more :haha: I'm done with the hot curries I think

:yipee: Well at least you now have dates to look forward to... hopefully your baby will make an appearance before then though. Just get jiggy a bit more :haha: I'm done with the hot curries I think

I'm thinking we may attempt getting jiggy with it tonight - I have said to my husband purely for medical purposes!!! Don't want anything long and drawn out! :rofl: Just haven't got the energy and everything is uncomfortable! :haha: On the curries note, I am a bit dubious even though we are having one tonight, as don't curries loosen your bowels as well, that won't be pleasant during labour...I have to say that is something I am worried about. People say that you don't even think about it but I would be so embarrassed if anything like that happened I am sure :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->