Team Yellow Buddies ***18 boys / 16 girls

My mother in law and the pink clothes- she visited a psychic, who told her it was a girl. Apparently she was right about my sister in law's baby. When I told her it was pretty much a 50/50 guess, so she had to be right some of the time, MIL just shrugged and said "We'll see" So I guess we shall see- eventually!
I'm still working, and kind of wishing I wasn't. I'm getting braxton hicks pretty frequently now, and they only seem to ease up when I'm at home resting. I've got another 2 1/2 weeks before I finish up.
Sparkledust, I'm sure 12th May seems like a long way away at the moment! I'm thinking Widger is right- perhaps if you stop trying, it will happen (maybe it is like ttc in that way!)
Still, good luck with eviction to you and Widger, will keep you in my thoughts!

Cat
xxx

Thanks Cat. I had lots of curry and pineapple yesterday and all its done is give me terrible stomach ache! So don't think I'll do that again. You are finishing work later than I did, I packed it in at 34 weeks. I was just getting so tired and had loads of annual leave to take. Wonder if your mum in law's psychic was right, like you said it's quite good odds for her to be correct :shrug: but you never know! have a great day ladies xxx

I thought yesterday could have been the start of something but NO! All back to normal today and had a really nice sleep (when not getting up to the loo). I had a really heavy feeling in my bump and the little monkey seemed to be moving about down there with sharp, shooting pains. Had backache and tummy cramps too.... but here I am again.

So frustrating... and I'm not sparkledust who is overdue!

Cat - I've only just worked out what BH are :haha: I bet you end up going before I do :rofl:

Widger- nope, this LO is staying firmly in there, at least until I finish work in 2 weeks time! But these BH are a killer, really uncomfortable!
Really hope that you and Sparkledust get to meet your LOs really, really soon!

Cat
xxx

Hi all!! :wave:

Sorry i've been MIA for a while, just can't seem to get myself moving - the sofa is far too appealing just now :haha:

Huge congrats on your new arrival Mrs Raggle!

Cat your bump pics are lovely, just perfect!! I have not one single nice photo of me being pregnant - my bump looks great but my face is so fat! :haha:

Sending you lots of labour dust Sparkledust, i feel for you!

Widger, i strongly suspect i'll be having a June baby, in fact i'll be pretty damn shocked if i actually get a May one :haha: I'm ok at the moment though, not trying any eviction techniques (although i have been drinking the rasperry leaf tea - anything that might help labour!!).

I've been feeling really tired this week so am hoping that i'll get a good rest the next while and be fresh and ready to pop this baby out when the time comes!! I'm going for a pregnancy massage tomorrow which i'm really looking forward to and hopefully that'll rejuvenate me!!

hope you're all doing well!

:hugs:

No twinges today Sparkledust? This baby keeps tricking me into thinking something imminent may happen... only for it to be nothing arrgghhhh.

Cat - Bet you can't wait to finish work... just think less than 2 weeks to go :dance:

Moongirl - A pregnancy massage sounds a good suggestion, especially if feeling really tired. May have to book one if nothing kicks off this end.

Was up all night... well felt like it.... between 12 and 4am this morning as the baby would NOT stop moving about. I even resorted to talking to my bump with encouraging words saying "look, you are not happy in there with all this moving around, come out it will be much nicer" - not worked obviously :rofl:

For the hell of it bought another 2 pineapples from Sains as on offer... think will stay off the curry though, but might get hubby into action again :haha:

Sparkledust- still sending labour vibes your way! Hopefully LO isn't too far away now!
Widger- you and your pineapples make me laugh! Go for it- can't hurt, can it?!? I think speaking to baby is a good idea- try to make it think it wants to come out and it might decide to agree with you eventually :)
Moongirl- hope you enjoy the pregnancy massage! Let us know how it goes- I think it sounds fabulous, I'm so tired at the moment!

I have 9 days left at work! So excited!

Cat
xxx

You guys are all getting so close! I am just going to continue stalking you to find out what colour bumps you have! SOOO EXCITED!

:hi: greenlady - you stalk away. Can't believe that Flora is now a month and a half old already!!! How are things?

Managed to get some sleep last night :yipee: Feeling so much better this morning and going to make the most of the summer sun. Need to keep busy as the wait is killing me.

Hope everyone else is well xx

Glad you're feeling better Widger- now on to those pineapples! Your ticker says you have 4 days left- so exciting!
Can't wait till you and Sparkledust meet your LOs, but a bit scared too, I know mine is coming soon and I don't feel one bit ready!

Cat
xxx

Been stalking third tri again- Chrissypm had a little girl, a little early, with an emergency c section.

Congrats Chrissy, hope you are feeling better soon and can update us a little more!

Cat
xxx

Happy weekend ladies!

Been busy lately. Actually was out of town for a few days. Didn't get a chance to post, just browsing :)

How are you feeling Cat? Did you have the baby shower?

I've been having a hard time sleeping. LO keeps tossing at night and I can't seem to settle down. Also feeling tired all the time, and for some reason, I'm always hungry-lol!!

I've spend the weekend washing, drying and folding baby clothes & also getting the cot and bassinet ready and dresser filled up. Still feel like I'm 50% ready.

Also got some nursing bras and nightgowns for my Labor/ Hospital bag. Went and bought snacks and drinks as well, so will be stocking the bag by tomorrow night :)
DH and I still need to read the carseat manual-hahaha- so we can figure it out.

Quick questions for Greenlady & Chele: How did you know what size of nursing bra you would need? I got them on sale, but the lady advised me to go up 1 cup size (compared to pre-pregancy boobs).

Sparkledust, Widger: getting super excited for you ladies!!! Hope you are resting this weekend :hugs:

Nessah - I didn't know, I just sort of guessed and went up a cup size. I also had to go up a back size because a lot of nursing bras didn't come in 32 which is my normal size so I had to get 34, which means that sometimes my old cupsize is OK too, depending on the brand. I don't have a good nursing bra that fits me REALLY well because I'm too lazy to go out and get measured!! But basically yeah I think 1 cup should be enough to contain them, they're only HUGE the day you're milk comes in and then they settle down.

Day of Baby shower- Week 35!

We played a game of making a baby from playdoh! I had to choose my favorite baby :haha: Hard to choose, so I picked the best 2 out of 6!

Attachments

• SDC11018.jpg
    SDC11018.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1
  • SDC11029.jpg
    SDC11029.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 0
  • SDC11036.jpg
    SDC11036.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 0
Nessah - I didn't know, I just sort of guessed and went up a cup size. I also had to go up a back size because a lot of nursing bras didn't come in 32 which is my normal size so I had to get 34, which means that sometimes my old cupsize is OK too, depending on the brand. I don't have a good nursing bra that fits me REALLY well because I'm too lazy to go out and get measured!! But basically yeah I think 1 cup should be enough to contain them, they're only HUGE the day you're milk comes in and then they settle down.

Thanks!

I originally picked a larger back size too (38) compared to my usual 36, but the lady actually came and suggested I try it on, and she helped me with the fitting.
You are right, there aren't too much of a variety. The store I was at had only 36-44 back sizes.

Nessah- the baby shower photos are so cute- what a creative idea! Mine is next week, getting so excited :)
I am nowhere near ready! Haven't washed anything, haven't even picked up the bassinette, let alone get it ready! Haven't bought any cot sheets, haven't packed the hospital bag...the list goes on!
I'm telling myself that I will get ready- after my baby shower, when I know what else I have to buy. Until then, I'm just hoping that LO is nice and happy where he/she is, and stays put!
All of my maternity bras are also nursing bras. Are you guys telling me they get even bigger?? I already feel like I should be on Baywatch!!
Sparkledust and Widger, thinking of you. Hope your LOs are on their way!

Cat
xxx

Hi ladies. Well I can finally say I HAD MY BABY and my yellow bump was a PINK one :pink::pink::pink: Jessica Rose was born yesterday, 22nd May 2010 at 2.04am. I went into labour in the afternoon of 20th May, so it lasted quite a while, did not enjoy labour one bit but she is well worth it. She weighed 7lb 14oz, was 51cm and has lots of dark hair. Good luck to the ladies still waiting xxxx

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congrats Sparkledust!!!

So sorry that labour wasn't what you'd hope, but it is good that even a labour that long is worth it for your LO :)

Jessica Rose is a gorgeous name as well. So happy for you, congrats again!

Cat
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back