Team yellow

storm4mozza

Mom of 3 :)
Reaction score
Is anyone else staying team yellow until the birth?

I have a 6yo boy and a 5yo girl (I found out gender both times) this time we are not going to find out, I am looking forward to having the intimacy of my Husband being able to tell me the gender when the baby is born, anyone else staying team yellow? :D

Not this time, but with DD I stayed team yellow. It sounds silly now, but I was so desperate for a daughter, that I was worried I'd be disappointed if I had a scan that told me it was a boy, but I knew if they handed me a boy, it would all be fine.
FOB (my then OH) was the one who told me she was a girl, and it was one of the happiest moments of my life :cloud9: there was so much gender neutral stuff around that it wasn't an issue, and we didn't have a nursery, so didn't need to worry about decorating etc.
This time I found out because I wanted to prepare DD and SD for their brother or sister, and while I'd have liked a boy this time, I didn't feel the intense longing for one particular gender like I did last time. I am a bit sad I won't get the "its a ...." moment in the delivery room though

We are! Husband's choice not mine. I'm curious, but other than that not knowing isn't a big deal to me. We won't be setting up a nursery until we move about 4 months after baby is born so I'm not concerned about decorating. I'm really not a huge fan of getting all pink or blue things from people either so this works.

I find it easier not knowing now that we have already had the anatomy scan. It's also kind of fun to think up boy and girl names.

Yes we are keeping it a surprise too. We are decorating a nursery but there are so many colours to include and I don't personally think blue is only for boys and pink is only for girls, so I don't see why it has to be a limitation :)

Yes we are keeping it a surprise too. We are decorating a nursery but there are so many colours to include and I don't personally think blue is only for boys and pink is only for girls, so I don't see why it has to be a limitation :)

Agreed! Even when we do decorate I'll probably use other colours or do some sort of theme vs pink or blue. I never liked pink and was always so annoyed when people gave me pink outfits as a little girl.

Yep have always been team yellow. Not many surprises in life anymore!

I could probably stay team yellow but my DH is desperate to know because he desperately wants a girl. So we're going to find out. I think it would be nice to stay team yellow once, but this is last baby so no chance now.

We are. We have two girls already and stayed team yellow both times. I'd love another girl but will be very happy as long as it's healthy. Because we were team yellow before we have loads of gender neutral newborn stuff so will be fine clothes wise and I doubt the baby's room will get decorated until it's about 5 so no worries there!

It sounds like fun to be team yellow but I'm just way to anxious to find out! I am too impatient! We already chose boy and girl names, we have them sorted by 12 weeks usually! We also found out twice and only had girls, so all our stuff is girl stuff.

I'm paying for an extra scan to find out I'm so impatient! Could wait until 20 week scan with NHS, but I can find out on Friday so I'm going for it! We found out with our daughter too, and it was such a lovely experience - it's still a surprise, just an earlier surprise! The NHS scans are so clinical and I find them quite awful now after they found something in our daughters liver at her 20 week scan, so I find that while setting quite stressful. The private clinic is so lovely, and it means we can take out daughter along too and get her a little bit involved.

This is our third baby and third yellow bump. I loved the surprise at the end! We did toy with the idea of finding out this time since it will probably be our last baby, but we're not fussed on gender, so shall enjoy the wait once more :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->