~*~ Teen Mummys Natural Parenting Thread ~*~

Btw Emma! I added you on fb but I forgot to put who I was and I don't wanna put it on here but my initials are JM and my picture is black and White of Alf wearing a striped hat :haha:

I accidentally clicked on your link in your sig which reminded me :haha:

Wow that's early! Actually is it early? I don't know to be honest! When do most people start? Not even though about it yet.

You mean with the potty training?

Yeah we are a bit early really, compaired to when alot of people Start but starting now gives us nearly two months to get her used to it before the new baby comes, so I think in the long run this is what will work best for us.

Yeah I meant the potty training. My mum said to wait til about 30 months :wacko:

That wasn't a dig at you by the way, just read it back! I was just surprised but I know nothing at all about it really.

I didnt take it as a dig.

Hollie is very intrested in her nappy, she likes to let us know when she has filled it, she starts grabbing at it, or pulling her trousers. Sometimes she even goes to the box and gets one out. Though she throws a tantrum when we change her haha. She also comes over and taps us or shouts at us when she is about to poo, or has just done one. Her fave game atm its to tap OH leg and pull a Poo Face, and forces out gas haha.

I'm going to start when LO hit's 2 so in around 2 months time. He's showing some signs however he hasn't quite grasped the whole potty thing yet and tends to just play cars with it :dohh:

Ha, Hollie likes to walk around with hers.

She has been using te big toilet for a few weeks now, when we get a bath and her napoy comes off sit her on it till she does a wee, and tell her how good she is. She loves it!

Em started really using the potty a few times around 13 months, after she really became obsessed with her diapers. She regularly uses it during the day now since she has full access to it and she's 95% of the time out of a diaper and she turned 16 months today. She now likes to diaper "her" babies :haha:

Edit: don't get me wrong she *does* have accidents, but she usually heads over to her potty before that point. sometimes she's just too busy playing to be bothered! hehe. but i still am impressed by how well she does.

If Hollie seems interested then I'm sure she'll get it down quickly. :thumbup:

And 30 months seems pretty late to start to me as well.

That's pretty impressive for a one year old! Is she walking?

She is almost 14 months old. I think most people start with training between 15-18 months ?
Yeah she is walking :)

She has always been very intested in her body functions. From about 6 months when she started do the poo face, we made a big deal out of it, by making the poo noises and doing a pushing face with her. She is very aware of her body and our body, espsh mine, as she get her baths with me.

She is about a two weeks to a month behind on half her targets, but others she is a month or so a head of them.
Mainly her youger targes, such as sitting unaided rolling over crawling she was behind on, by a month or so. She started walking unaided on her first birthday. Atm she is on target iykwim.

Em started really using the potty a few times around 13 months, after she really became obsessed with her diapers. She regularly uses it during the day now since she has full access to it and she's 95% of the time out of a diaper and she turned 16 months today. She now likes to diaper "her" babies :haha:

Edit: don't get me wrong she *does* have accidents, but she usually heads over to her potty before that point. sometimes she's just too busy playing to be bothered! hehe. but i still am impressed by how well she does.

If Hollie seems interested then I'm sure she'll get it down quickly. :thumbup:

And 30 months seems pretty late to start to me as well.

Hollie always has nappy off time and although she wouldnt walk over to her potty, i wouldn't expect her to atm its way too new but during nappy off time she is very aware that she is weeing and pooing.

When she was about 11 months old, she was crawling around with my mobile phone during nappy off time and left it on the floor next to me and sat on it...she crawled off, i went to pick up the phone and she had done a nice neat little poo on there for me! Haha :haha:

When she was about 11 months old, she was crawling around with my mobile phone during nappy off time and left it on the floor next to me and sat on it...she crawled off, i went to pick up the phone and she had done a nice neat little poo on there for me! Haha :haha:

Emerald *had* a book that came with a little piano attached. Well, she sat on it and peed on it today. It doesn't work anymore lol

I'm thinking about trying out bumgeniuses with 3 inserts over night. Oliver really isn't a heavy wetter anymore.

Falko has never, ever needed more than one insert. I hear of so many people doubling up etc... Hmm.

I'm thinking about trying out bumgeniuses with 3 inserts over night. Oliver really isn't a heavy wetter anymore.

:shock: How many do you normally use?

Em uses 2, but it's more of a "just in case" thing.

In the nursery I work in most wait until at least 2 to potty train! Alfie is the youngest potty trained there ATM and has been for about 6 months lol. It really is a matter of when the kid is ready though cause some pick it up in like 2 days, others are still having 3+ accidents a day 2month later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->