~*~ Teen Mummys Natural Parenting Thread ~*~

You can see in this photo.
Mine are the same thicknes as 4 desposable nappys
https://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x337/emmylou92/2a4779a3.jpg

Mine aren't bulky at all.
I never need to boost them at all though as Isla is not a heavy wetter and for pockets I just use 1 little lamb bamboo insert which is pretty slim

Hmm thats what always put me off. I want to start but i think its too late now :( always next time

Hollie is gorgeous! Girl patterns are nicer :(
I need to get OH on board i love them!

We FF, part time co-sleep, part time cloth-nappy. Australia doesn't sell ERF seats.

The bulkiness has never been an issue for us. My daughter is 16 months, 24 lbs and 31 inches and still wearing 12 month onesies over her cloth diapers.

I have a question for baby wearers... I stopped using my sling after a disastrous trip to Blackpool without the pram when LO was about 5 months. He just cried and cried and couldn't sleep at all until we went to a cafe and let him sleep on the table. Obviously this put us off and plus the sling was uncomfy. I know the benefits of baby wearing with a newborn but is it still necessary to baby wear when they're older and more independent? I feel a bit guilty about using a pram and don't know whether to invest in a new sling or carrier that might be equally unsuccessful. I do, however, want what's best for LO and don't want to damage his development by using a pram. What do you think? Sorry, know I haven't worded that brilliantly.

Thanks! Yeah we used the sling all the time when he was tiny but the pram is so much easier now IMO. I don't know, I just get the impression that baby wearing is better as it's in everyone's signatures. I know that's silly but that's what I'm mostly basing it on :blush: I also read that babies become distressed when they're away from their parents. I might have already messed it up though as I have never worn him in the sling for hours at a time every day. Even when he was tiny I'd only use the sling when we were out and just hold him when we were home.

Yeah she's given me advice on slings and things before. She always looks so cool baby wearing though and I just look awkward!

No lol I never leave him in his pram, we rarely use it to be honest as I've been ill and housebound for a while. When he is in it around shops and things I take him out and let him look around. The only times he's upset in there is when I can't find somewhere to stop and feed him, but he'd be just as unhappy in a sling, at least he sleeps in his pram & the movement soothes him. Thanks hun :flower:

Emy, TBH, I think when it comes to baby wearing it should be baby led, there is no point in carrying a screaming baby around with you, for hours because he/she dosent like to be worn. That is far more damaging than having he/she asleep in a parm, or looking around.

It took, 6 slings for us to find one that both me and Hollie likes, we had two carriers she liked one I liked the other, OH and LO both liked the same one so he uses that, even now, he still BW her from time to time.

I did baby wear every day with Hollie ad a NB, made it easy to BF in the first 6weeks even at home while i was brushing my teeth and cleaning. When she got to about 4 months I would wear her for a few hours a week, when cleaning and such.

We FF, part time co-sleep, part time cloth-nappy. Australia doesn't sell ERF seats.

I was reading the other day about ERF in australia, they dont sell ERF seats and if you can afford to have one shipped its illegal. absolutely ridiculous! i thought new zealand was behind but i managed to find a ERF from a shop there after alot of time looking.

as for natural parenting i still co-sleep with my 2 year old, breastfed to 16 months and carried my LO everywhere until she was 12 months (she wouldn't sit in the pram or in a sling, carrier or wrap) when she was asleep i could occasionally put her in a sling.

Emy, TBH, I think when it comes to baby wearing it should be baby led, there is no point in carrying a screaming baby around with you, for hours because he/she dosent like to be worn. That is far more damaging than having he/she asleep in a parm, or looking around.

It took, 6 slings for us to find one that both me and Hollie likes, we had two carriers she liked one I liked the other, OH and LO both liked the same one so he uses that, even now, he still BW her from time to time.

I did baby wear every day with Hollie ad a NB, made it easy to BF in the first 6weeks even at home while i was brushing my teeth and cleaning. When she got to about 4 months I would wear her for a few hours a week, when cleaning and such.

I did actually plan to have LO in the sling 90% of the time in the early days but for the first months I was expressing literally 50% of the time which kind of ruined all of my plans, and OH point blank refused to baby wear in the house. I do agree that it should be baby-led, but it's just another one of those things that I always wanted to do so feel I should persevere.

I was reading the other day about ERF in australia, they dont sell ERF seats and if you can afford to have one shipped its illegal. absolutely ridiculous! i thought new zealand was behind but i managed to find a ERF from a shop there after alot of time looking.

as for natural parenting i still co-sleep with my 2 year old, breastfed to 16 months and carried my LO everywhere until she was 12 months (she wouldn't sit in the pram or in a sling, carrier or wrap) when she was asleep i could occasionally put her in a sling.

Seriously? How ridiculous! Is it just because they haven't tested them yet?

I think you're doing great. :thumbup: I'm not a pro on baby wearing by any means (I think Tiffany is your girl for that..) but if you are happy and baby is happy and you're not sticking him in the pram and just leaving him there for hours :)winkwink:), I'm positive you're not hurting him at all. You didn't mess him up.

I Agree with Daphne.

I read on here somewhere that people put there toddlers/babys 'to bed'in their pram, like if the are home, at nap time, baby gets put in its pramto nap of 2/4 hours in the afternoon, rather than their bed, i cant work out why?!:shrug:

I did actually plan to have LO in the sling 90% of the time in the early days but for the first months I was expressing literally 50% of the time which kind of ruined all of my plans, and OH point blank refused to baby wear in the house. I do agree that it should be baby-led, but it's just another one of those things that I always wanted to do so feel I should persevere.

I think his body and development will be far more greatful for the EBM, over the baby wearing, there are hil carriers, if you wanted to try them, maybe he would like them better as its more like being carried by you iykwim?

^^^ I think it's because if they're more upright some babies sleep better. It's pretty dangerous though cos they can stop breathing and it affects the spine, but I guess that just depends how often/how long they're in there for.

Glad I'm not the only one from the UK avoiding sleep!

I think his body and development will be far more greatful for the EBM, over the baby wearing, there are hil carriers, if you wanted to try them, maybe he would like them better as its more like being carried by you iykwim?

What are they? Never heard of them TBH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->