~*~ Teen Mummys Natural Parenting Thread ~*~

Hi ladies! Well, I didn't do anything natural with my 1st but have a few questions for you ladies.

First of all, I am going to try baby wearing AND breastfeeding with this one (if it works). FX that it does since I have fake breasts.

Also, can someone explain how cloth diapers work? I told my mom I wanted to try this to save $$ and she laughed at me because I have enough laundry as it is, she think I won't be able to do it. But I am pretty clueless as to how it works, I don't know anyone personally that has used them.

Thanks girls!

I was so clueless about cloth nappies too but some lovely ladies on here helped me out. Basically you get lots of different types. The ones I have are Ofsta by Little Lamb and they're from birth to potty and are all in one so basically really easy. They have pockets in and come with two inserts. You can buy more inserts on Ebay etc for night time and things. You put as many inserts in the pocket as you want, we use three. You can also buy liners for them which just sit on top of the nappy, but these aren't essential. You put them on and fasten the poppers which is no more complicated than a normal nappy, and when you take them off you can soak them if they need it (ours never do) or just stick them straight in the wash basket/washing machine. We have ten and they're all we use and it's working out just fine. It doesn't exactly make more washing either as I do a load a day at least and just put nappies in with everything else.

As for BF, good luck! Fake boobs shouldn't be an issue, I know there are others on here who have implants and it's been fine.

Hi ladies! Well, I didn't do anything natural with my 1st but have a few questions for you ladies.

First of all, I am going to try baby wearing AND breastfeeding with this one (if it works). FX that it does since I have fake breasts.

Also, can someone explain how cloth diapers work? I told my mom I wanted to try this to save $$ and she laughed at me because I have enough laundry as it is, she think I won't be able to do it. But I am pretty clueless as to how it works, I don't know anyone personally that has used them.

Thanks girls!

If you have newer style implants you should be able to breastfeed. If you went drastically bigger (Like an A cup to a D cup) you might have trouble as there isn't as much natural tissue, but if you ask your surgeon he should be able to give you more information :thumbup:

As far as cloth diapers, it depends which ones you use. I know some people prefer prefolds & covers, I personally hated them because my daughter has a big butt and never fit in prefolds :haha:
AIOs or Pockets are great because you don't need pins or covers. You prewash them before you use them, then throw a batch in the wash when they're dirty. Make sure you use detergent meant for cloth diapers though. Rockin'Green is a GREAT brand. They have different scents too :)

If you put them through the dryer (most of them say to hang dry, but if you put them on a low temp there isn't much difference) DON'T use fabric softener.

Cloth diapers are great if you can use them. They save you sooo much money. (Until you become addicted and have to buy ALL the diapers :haha:)

Thanks girls!

I was so clueless about cloth nappies too but some lovely ladies on here helped me out. Basically you get lots of different types. The ones I have are Ofsta by Little Lamb and they're from birth to potty and are all in one so basically really easy. They have pockets in and come with two inserts. You can buy more inserts on Ebay etc for night time and things. You put as many inserts in the pocket as you want, we use three. You can also buy liners for them which just sit on top of the nappy, but these aren't essential. You put them on and fasten the poppers which is no more complicated than a normal nappy, and when you take them off you can soak them if they need it (ours never do) or just stick them straight in the wash basket/washing machine. We have ten and they're all we use and it's working out just fine. It doesn't exactly make more washing either as I do a load a day at least and just put nappies in with everything else.

As for BF, good luck! Fake boobs shouldn't be an issue, I know there are others on here who have implants and it's been fine.

Thank you so much for this information! So the only thing I will need to consistently buy is the inserts is that correct? What is it you wash? The outside? lol as you can tell, I know nothing. Maybe if I go to a baby store here, I can look at them. I just want to save money and diapers are SOO expensive here!

I have heard tons of success stories about BF'ing with implants so I am confident it will work

Thanks girls!

Thank you so much for this information! So the only thing I will need to consistently buy is the inserts is that correct? What is it you wash? The outside? lol as you can tell, I know nothing. Maybe if I go to a baby store here, I can look at them. I just want to save money and diapers are SOO expensive here!

I have heard tons of success stories about BF'ing with implants so I am confident it will work

No hun the inserts (the ones that go in the pocket) are reusable, you just wash them. Not on a special wash or anything just with everything else! If you mean liners, which you can buy disposable ones of, then it's up to you, but I have reusable ones and again just wash them. You wash the whole lot. I think you're meant to take the inserts out of the pocket before washing but I don't and the washing machine makes them come out by themselves and they're always spotless.

I saw that photo on FB, it's beautiful.

Thank you! It was the first time I went out using a ringsling. The response from strangers was CRAZY. They were looking at me like I had two heads and was being incredibly irresponsible.

You wash the inserts too, just flush the liners :)

Im hoing to try some terries :)

Hot tea that pic is lovely, i love that sling!

These are the ones that I have and they're great so far. I get extra inserts and liners from Ebay. https://www.littlelambnappies.com/nappies/osfa-single

Thank you! It was the first time I went out using a ringsling. The response from strangers was CRAZY. They were looking at me like I had two heads and was being incredibly irresponsible.

I always thought of Canada as being quite liberal, don't know why! I find it strange though, I live in a city and you never see baby wearing here but I've only ever had compliments on LO, never any judgement.

One sized pocket diapers are great. I like fuzzibuns and kawaii.

I always thought of Canada as being quite liberal, don't know why! I find it strange though, I live in a city and you never see baby wearing here but I've only ever had compliments on LO, never any judgement.

Vancouver Island, specifically where i live, it is a tourist city and a retirement community. It sucks.

I have never had these responses before though. With the wraps I just get complimented. With the sling it was a whole other story!

I have ebay cheapys with their inserts, but none of DD cloths fit over them with two insets in, they are bulky. I do have two in them are LL inserts slimmer?

Vancouver Island, specifically where i live, it is a tourist city and a retirement community. It sucks.

I have never had these responses before though. With the wraps I just get complimented. With the sling it was a whole other story!

Completely different in Holland though, as I'm sure you know. I have a lot of family there and they've always been very pro natural parenting, even before it was heard of in the UK. It's just completely normal and no one bats an eyelid.

It was my dadvand his OH that got me into baby wearing.

I will get some bamboo ones! Thanks!

I'm a co-sleeping mammy and I'm planning on baby wearing Aidan when he gets here!

I love the name you have chosen!

Hot tea, do you still co sleep with Ramsey aswell as Falko?

Effykat, are you going to co sleep with Adam aswell as Aiden?

A question about cloth nappies. Are they really bulky? I always thought they were much bigger than disposibles?

I think most are yeah, i know mine are, i just bought some tots bots though ses if they are any better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->