~*~ Teen Mummys Natural Parenting Thread ~*~

For morning sickness all that helped me was a lot of time and drinking a lot of water. I know you said natural but you can get tablets which really help if you ask your GP.

Have a look at this,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Babyhawk...y_Carriers&hash=item2ebbd85a02#ht_5128wt_1026

I haven't been to a doctor yet. I'm setting an appointment for next week though. I have Phenergen but the side effects are unknown on the baby so I don't want to take it. :( Seriously though I ended up eating one time yesterday because I couldn't hold anything down and its been like this since 6 weeks pregnant. i hope it goes away soon :( I also haven't been able to sleep more than 5 hours a night (not even all at once) because of it.

i had terrible morning sickness, lemon and ginger tea really helped :thumbup:

I found toast and ginger were great for my whole 1 day of morning sickness lol.

Off to search, about the pram these are people that see child is sleepy so place them in the pram awake and put a blanket on! I just find it strange!

I will post some links!

What do you mean? Like putting LO in the pram during the day for naps?

I'm not offended or anything, I asked for opinions and got them, I just feel guilty. It has made up my mind on getting a new carrier ASAP though!

Please, please, PLEASE don't feel guilty. Trust me, I didn't figure things out for myself until very recently - remember my eldest is now almost four! No one tells you these things, do NOT feel guilty for not knowing something that no one ever tells you! You shouldn't feel guilt for that, feel glad and strong and good for wanting to educate yourself. You are NOT going to fail your child, because you have the urge to be mindful and make mindful choices.
:hugs:

I'm not offended or anything, I asked for opinions and got them, I just feel guilty. It has made up my mind on getting a new carrier ASAP though!

Please, please, PLEASE don't feel guilty. Trust me, I didn't figure things out for myself until very recently - remember my eldest is now almost four! No one tells you these things, do NOT feel guilty for not knowing something that no one ever tells you! You shouldn't feel guilt for that, feel glad and strong and good for wanting to educate yourself. You are NOT going to fail your child, because you have the urge to be mindful and make mindful choices.

Did you co-sleep and baby wear with Ramsay? I did wear LO at the beginning but not for the past two months at all :nope: We've never co-slept and we just can't as OH won't change his opinion at all. It's okay I feel guilty about everything, I'm not very confident at making parenting choices!

Did you co-sleep and baby wear with Ramsay? I did wear LO at the beginning but not for the past two months at all :nope: We've never co-slept and we just can't as OH won't change his opinion at all. It's okay I feel guilty about everything, I'm not very confident at making parenting choices!

You still shouldn't feel guilty! It doesn't matter how much you co-sleep/baby wear etc Rory KNOWS you love him and ultimately love is all that matters!!x

I coslept but didn't babywear. Ramsay DESPISED his stroller and I didn't know about babywearing so I was forced to carry him everywhere, it was horrible. It wasn't an easy time, and he wasn't as easy baby. I didn't know about this sort of thing, so of course he wouldn't be easy. I did breastfeed him for a very long time and cosleep and things of that nature, but the smaller things that also matter (cloth diapers, baby wearing) I didn't do.

The difference in my two children is obvious. And I KNOW it was because of my different parenting approaches. But really, you can't blame yourself. You just can't know all of this without doing extensive research.

I should add though Ramsay is a very tempermental child, he is very respectful, articulate, and comfortable in himself. He knows he is loved. I know there are things I should have done differently, but it doesn't matter now. Focus on NOW, because THAT is what matters. Your little babes will know you love him if you put in the effort. Just don't isolate him. Just keep the conversation flowing. Never shut him down when he feels like expressing himself.

You are doing fine. It is natural to question your abilities, but please don't let that take over you.

I should add I made plenty of mistakes with Ramsay. Example being when he was just over a year I forced him into a crib for a month. I let him cry. It was awful. After a month he was back in my bed. It was traumatic and I am very ashamed. But the world keeps turning. I now have an infant who is literally THE most happy, peaceful, chipper little guy who trusts me completely. I will never make those mistakes again... But mistakes are there to be made at one point.

I so wish we could have co-slept. We did try it a couple of times but none of us slept. I don't even know if it's safe cos OH is quite overweight so has much deeper sleeps and our bed isn't that big. I don't know, I wish I'd thought about it when I was pregnant or that someone had even mentioned it. I don't think it would have worked this time anyway as my schedule was all about expressing, poor LO would have been woken up every few hours when I got up. Eurgh there are so many 'what ifs'.

OT but Ella, congrats on your new house! Just saw on FB :flower:

I co-slept for a little,mostly while LO was going through the sleep regression definitely couldn't do it now, he wriggles and wakes me up, i wriggle and wake him up and we both get no sleep. :dohh:

On the other hand i co-slept til i was 7!! I just wouldn't leave lol

I think you're doing great. :thumbup: I'm not a pro on baby wearing by any means (I think Tiffany is your girl for that..) but if you are happy and baby is happy and you're not sticking him in the pram and just leaving him there for hours :)winkwink:), I'm positive you're not hurting him at all. You didn't mess him up.

I Agree with Daphne.

I read on here somewhere that people put there toddlers/babys 'to bed'in their pram, like if the are home, at nap time, baby gets put in its pramto nap of 2/4 hours in the afternoon, rather than their bed, i cant work out why?!:shrug:

I did when he was younger and still in the 'lie flat' part of the pram or if he say fell asleep in there and was still asleep when we got home i wouldnt move him but now i have a stroller he naps in his cot unless where out and about.

Guess i liked to keep an eye on him, if it was warm which is was when he was small i'd put him to sleep in the garden in the pram for fresh air.

Off to search, about the pram these are people that see child is sleepy so place them in the pram awake and put a blanket on! I just find it strange!

I will post some links!

Yeah, like LO is ready for a nap and rather than take them to bed or sleeping on them or a sofa w/e they go in a pram, the person who posted had their pram in the kitchen too, not even in the living room with them :/

I think you're doing great. :thumbup: I'm not a pro on baby wearing by any means (I think Tiffany is your girl for that..) but if you are happy and baby is happy and you're not sticking him in the pram and just leaving him there for hours :)winkwink:), I'm positive you're not hurting him at all. You didn't mess him up.

I Agree with Daphne.

I read on here somewhere that people put there toddlers/babys 'to bed'in their pram, like if the are home, at nap time, baby gets put in its pramto nap of 2/4 hours in the afternoon, rather than their bed, i cant work out why?!:shrug:

I did when he was younger and still in the 'lie flat' part of the pram or if he say fell asleep in there and was still asleep when we got home i wouldnt move him but now i have a stroller he naps in his cot unless where out and about.

Guess i liked to keep an eye on him, if it was warm which is was when he was small i'd put him to sleep in the garden in the pram for fresh air.

If Hollie fell asleep in her car seat i would take the car seat in with me, but her car seat was a lay flat one, like a carry cot.

tbf though the pram had a soft mattress in anyways so was pretty much the same as putting him upstairs.
attached pic!
tbh i was pretty clueless when i had LO in the sense that i didn't have a clue about babies and baby things so basically just went from what family/friends told me. I don't know anyone who has a sling ect.
I'm definitely alot more informed this time around.

Attachments

• 100605_102710.jpg
    100605_102710.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 5

I will post some links!

Yeah, like LO is ready for a nap and rather than take them to bed or sleeping on them or a sofa w/e they go in a pram, the person who posted had their pram in the kitchen too, not even in the living room with them :/

Oh yeah, I get what you mean. I put Oliver up in his cot for a nap, but when he was younger (I mean newborn) he used to sleep in the pram in the living room because the pram was like a moses basket with a soft mattress.

My friend used to put her son to sleep in the pram, up until he was over a year. She used to blast the music channels and push the pram backwards and forwards in front of the TV, and if that failed she would put on the hoover and push it. Then when he was asleep she would put him in a different room, like the kitchen.

If Oliver falls asleep in the pram when we are out I will unstrap him and leave him in it. He is a really light sleeping and usually wakes within two minutes of me stopping pushing anyway. But if I tried to move him to his cot (which I have done) it ends in disaster.

I should add I made plenty of mistakes with Ramsay. Example being when he was just over a year I forced him into a crib for a month. I let him cry. It was awful. After a month he was back in my bed. It was traumatic and I am very ashamed. But the world keeps turning. I now have an infant who is literally THE most happy, peaceful, chipper little guy who trusts me completely. I will never make those mistakes again... But mistakes are there to be made at one point.

By this do you mean putting LO in a cot to sleep is a mistake, or that it was a mistake for you?

Where does Falko/did Ramsey sleep during the day? And at night when either goes to bed do you just go at the same time?

I forced Ramsay to sleep in the crib when he didn't want to. That was wrong.

Falko sleeps on me. He is never alone.

I forced Ramsay to sleep in the crib when he didn't want to. That was wrong.

Falko sleeps on me. He is never alone.

I feel the same way about putting Emerald in the crib. She refused to cosleep with us, but loved the swing, slept through the night from 6 weeks-4 months, then got too big and I put her in the crib and she slept horribly until I switched her to a bed immediately after she learned to walk at almost 12 months. I didn't know what else to do besides a crib, but it was terrible for a while. I never left her in there alone or anything when she was upset but waking up 15-16 times a night was a common thing.

I only did it for a month. I did it because there was so much pressure - and selfishly I wanted to sleep alone. It was absolutely wrong. Ramsay still cosleeps in the mornings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->