~*~ Teen Mummys Natural Parenting Thread ~*~

Oh hip carriers? Funny thing is he doesn't like to be carried at all anymore, or even held. If he sits on my knee he squirms and tries to grab things, and if I try and hold him or cuddle him he pushes away and leans backwards to look around the room upside down. I like to think it isn't cos he doesn't like me and he's just a curious little boy. The only time he actually wants to be held is when we're throwing him in the air :dohh:

Off to search, about the pram these are people that see child is sleepy so place them in the pram awake and put a blanket on! I just find it strange!

I will post some links!

Here is one
https://www.hippychick.com/index.cfm/product/hippychick-hipseat-15
Although not what im looking for.

https://catbirdbaby.com/index.php/pikkolo-info
That s better^^

i think you can do the same with the mei tai.

Never seen one like the top one before, they look so precarious! The second one looks really good, have you tried it? I wish carriers had a week trial period on them before you had to buy them.

I haven't, but there are loads of good reviews on it :)

Hollie went through that stage, we just turned her around so she could see, in a sling its easy to do a hip carry, i will lost a pic tomorrow with Hollie.

Addressing earlier on in the thread - I believe babywearing or baby carrying is very essential to the bond to your child. Humans by nature are social animals and in nature you are meant to be close to another human at all times. I like to do things naturally, I feel it is the right way to raise a well grounded, secure person. I think the reason we have so many insecure messed up people is from infancy we disconnect them from their bodies and from others. Strollers, cribs, even diapers - all of these methods go against our inherent nature.

I should add that babies are prone to rejecting you after their needs have not been met in a certain area. Example being mothers who let their babies cry it out - their baby will eventually stop crying. Why? Not because they can suddenly empathize with their mothers, but because they know that no one will come. That is a HUGE barrier you are putting up between you and your child. That is planting early seeds of social isolation.

If instead of holding your child when they need to go to sleep, but lay them down alone, they will slowly but surely reject you physically. Squirming, screaming, crying.

Falko is very easy and even tempered. He turns into a floppy, happy bundle the minute a carrier comes out. He does not squirm unless he is over tired, but he trusts me - and that is why he loves to be worn. I will contine to wear him until he is old enough to walk alone.

THAT is what natural parenting is about. Doing as nature intended. Rejecting the modern ways of parenting that create the millions of isolated, angry, jealous, people with zero self worth. The angry mob of people who never achieve what they are deserving, because they were never given a fair chance. It is unacceptable in my eyes. We breed sheep. We even offer them plastic tits to suckle. We defy our nature.

I should add that babies are prone to rejecting you after their needs have not been met in a certain area. Example being mothers who let their babies cry it out - their baby will eventually stop crying. Why? Not because they can suddenly empathize with their mothers, but because they know that no one will come. That is a HUGE barrier you are putting up between you and your child. That is planting early seeds of social isolation.

If instead of holding your child when they need to go to sleep, but lay them down alone, they will slowly but surely reject you physically. Squirming, screaming, crying.

Falko is very easy and even tempered. He turns into a floppy, happy bundle the minute a carrier comes out. He does not squirm unless he is over tired, but he trusts me - and that is why he loves to be worn. I will contine to wear him until he is old enough to walk alone.

THAT is what natural parenting is about. Doing as nature intended. Rejecting the modern ways of parenting that create the millions of isolated, angry, jealous, people with zero self worth. The angry mob of people who never achieve what they are deserving, because they were never given a fair chance. It is unacceptable in my eyes. We breed sheep. We even offer them plastic tits to suckle. We defy our nature.

I totaly agree, i do honestly believe that the 'modern world' influeces people far to much on what right and wrong, mother instinct is something that I think alot of people need to re connect with rather that CIO or CC because thats what all the neighbours do.

I just fail to see the convinience of a stroller, the use of a bottle, or a crib. I fail to see it. It isn't best for the BABY, it is best for the parent. Being a parent is about parenting, closeness, and the teachings of emotional and physical security.

I do not understand following the crowd.

See I find is so ironic that my mom says things like 'breast feeding for too long will make her too needy' 'letting her sleep with you is just making her dependent!'

Eh I feel it's more to do with the upbringing. I never felt like I could talk to her or like I was important growing up. That's why I'm a mess. Not because I was breast fed till 2 and co slept with her for a while.

Children are meant to be dependent. Forcing your child into emotional independence is code for forcing your child into emotional isolation.

I actually feel really sick now, don't know how I messed it up so badly. I'm going to get a new carrier right away, I just hope it works this time. Nothing I can do about the BF now though :(

Lol I tried using a stroller THREE times in Emerald's life. I have one, its nice lightweight (8lbs) but better than an umbrella stroller. I just find its an extreme hassle to deal with. I brought it up to the college with me one time and all she wanted me to do the whole time was pick her up out of it. So next time I just said screw it and carried her lol. Then I got a woven wrap and it's been a snap ever since. just toss it in the diaper bag and if I need it then its with us all the time.

^ sorry if this looks out of place, the thread opened up on a different page :haha:

Btw, I understand breast milk is better, but I honestly think some babies continue to do this for later on as a way to comfort themselves. So, I obviously wasn't able to continue breastfeeding, but if I had I feel like Emerald would still be breastfeeding. The reason I bring this up is because of the whole "you need to get your baby off of bottles by 1 years old." well, Em is 16 months and she still has a bottle before her nap and before bed. And I honestly think its just a comfort thing more than "i want milk." So why on Earth, if i would continue to breastfeed at this point, would I stop her from the bottle at this point? It's clear she is comforted by it, and she will IN FACT grow out of it eventually. I doubt my 12 year old will be comforting herself to sleep with a baby bottle. I mean weirder things have happened but that scenario is just highly unlikely. Sorry, still kinda pissed the way our pedi scolded us for still letting her have 2 bottles a day. She gets her teeth brushed twice a day, sometimes 3 (she's obsessed with the toothbrush), so I don't see any reason the bottle would harm her at this point. Like I said, I'd still be breastfeeding if I could right now with her being 16 months.

I actually feel really sick now, don't know how I messed it up so badly. I'm going to get a new carrier right away, I just hope it works this time. Nothing I can do about the BF now though :(

Hun, dont feel bad at all, you haven't done anything wrong and you deffo shouldnt be feeling like that really.

I dont, I didnt breast feed hollie, well 6 weeks but thats it, and my body gave up and so did I its very easy to do that. You didn't mess it up hun, you were miss informed

I dont want this thread to start upsetting people, thats not what it about, its about sharing info and helping one and other.

Anyone have any natural ways to help with nausea?

The only thing that helpend my MS ths time was DR pepper and 7up :sick:

I'm not offended or anything, I asked for opinions and got them, I just feel guilty. It has made up my mind on getting a new carrier ASAP though!

For morning sickness all that helped me was a lot of time and drinking a lot of water. I know you said natural but you can get tablets which really help if you ask your GP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->