Teething gel alternatives

JaniceT

Mum to a gorgeous boy.
Reaction score
My LO has been teething since 2 months of age and is now almost 3 months. He's chewing is hands and everything he can get his mouth at, being so fussy and agitated. I wanted to get him some teething gel but the box said 4 mths and above. What alternatives can I give LO? I have tried chilling his teething toys in the fridge but the cold doesn't last long and he loses interest.

My mom suggested freezing a wet washcloth. Not really sure what would help. I also tried freezing a grape and putting it in a mesh teether even tho it said 4-6 months.

The only other thing I tried before he could use teething gel was infant tylenol. I gave him half a dose to try and give him enough relief to sleep

we were told not to use the teething gel because it doesn't stay put with their drool and can end up freezing their throat. Were also told to use frozen facecloths. Or cold teething rings (from fridge).

I have a mesh teether too but LO is a tad young to take any other foods. Wow I didn't know those teething gels can freeze LOs throat? Ok I will try frozen towels to see if it helps. If you guys have any other suggestions, please throw it this way. Thanks!

I didn't know that either until this week. The HV told us about it, when we were asking about teething. Amazing the things you learn as a mom. Good luck and take care. xoxo

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3393883
Carter likes this.

I'm not sure what the age is on it but we used to use anbesol liquid when our DD was teething... Swear by it!

Oh Aiden also likes this one...loves to chew on it. We found it at babies r us

Attachments

• teether.jpg
    teether.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 2
I have to go find that teether at Babies R us next week! At the moment I'm using Eco friendly biodegradable teethers. Only problem is, I have to hold it for him! He still can't get the grip correct.

Anbesol is for 4 month and up :) I'm really wishing LO could use gels soon.

Aiden had a hard time grasping toys at first too, but he seemed able to hold this one really well

Ok so we use Nelsons Teetha teething granules - they seem to work well with our LO

Ok so we use Nelsons Teetha teething granules - they seem to work well with our LO

Going to google this, not sure of we have it here.

I'll be in London in July so may hunt for all the stuff you guys have suggested if it's not available at where I'm at.

Going to google this, not sure of we have it here.

I'll be in London in July so may hunt for all the stuff you guys have suggested if it's not available at where I'm at.

I would be suprised if you couldn't get something similar, but they definately have it in England :thumbup:

Before someone sent me some teething gel from england I used olive oil with a couple drops of oil of cloves in it. Seemed to help as she slept better after using it but it didn't immediately settle her like teething gel does. But maybe you could try that?

calgel teething gel and dentinox are both from 3months hun. maybe calpol? xx

Just a head up, try not to freeze things eg teethers/wash clothes as they can cause frost bite on gums.. Try to put things in the fridge instead...

I swear by ashton and parsons powder for teething! :flower:

i dont know if its just uk based but we have calpol teething gel and thats from 3 months x

Does anyone else think the calpol teething gel tastes really lush? I thought I'd try it out on my gums to see what it was like and it was yum!

Does anyone else think the calpol teething gel tastes really lush? I thought I'd try it out on my gums to see what it was like and it was yum!

iv not opened ours yet and shes too young but i love the taste of normal calpol!
my dad once caught me drinking it out the bottle when i was like 7 and shouted at me :haha: it tasted nice but didnt realise it could overdose me :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->