Telling people before 3 months?

leoniesean

Reaction score
Hello all,

Im only 6 weeks pregnant however me and my partner are both so excited we just want to tell the whole world.

whats your views on telling people before 3 months?

Im not sure whether to just hold on!

I've told people, not everyone but some people.

I just think you will have support if anything goes wrong also

It's just personal preference xxxxxx

Weve told family and a few close friends but are waiting till after the scan on monday before annoucing it properly to everyone. With callum we only told a few family members just in case. Its totally upto you though, whatever you feel comfortable with x

I agree on personal preference we waited till after first tri last time and we lost our sweet boy at 31 weeks. It was very hard but the support everyone provided was much needed. This time we will be telling our family at our next family dinner. That is in two weeks :) We will not be telling our friends until after our anatomy scan, if I can hide it, till about 20 weeks. I know, wishful thinking! lol

It's really up to the person what they want to do. Some people tell everyone right away, some tell close family and friends, and others tell one or 2 people or no one at all. With my first pregnancy we waited until 13 weeks because I lived in another city and wanted to tell them in person. With my 2nd I told close friends and family at 7 weeks. And with this one I am hoping to hold off for as long as possible since they won't be as supportive of this pregnancy as the others. So it has varied for me from pregnancy to pregnancy.

Also in terms of the possibility of m/c - I always say I will tell the people I'm closest to and would want support from if something went wrong. I would tell my close friends about a m/c so I would also tell them about a new pregnancy! xo

Ive told my best friend but am waiting till 3 months. With my last I told my family as soon as I found out

With both we've told family and friends immediately (around 5-6w). My husband is super impatient and cannot wait to tell everyone. lol

See this is my problem my partner is soo excited he just wants to tell all our friends, And i guess i do too... but its just hard deciding who to tell and when to tell people. I think i would tell the majority of friends etc at 3 months, however up till then just tell the people i need too :) xx

Personally, having gone through a MMC, DH and I have decided to wait until our 12 week scan. My mother is the only one who knows and that's really only bc if I had to have surgery and stuff again I wouldn't want to spring it in her. She's also very supportive, my best friend, and can keep a secret. We told everyone very early the first time around and when we miscarried everyone was superrrr suporrtive but at the same time I got the looks of compassion/pity for months and really just wished it had been between my husband and I. Even now I get constant questions, are we trying? Are my periods back to normal? Do we have the ok from the doc? Etc etc...

I was always a "I'd never wait until 12 weeks bc I'd want the support if something happened", and then it happened and I'd wished I hadent bc it was a horrible for us to face people. Just my personally experience though. That was our first baby that we lost and all the innocence has been sucked out of my first trimester outlook.

I told everyone with my first, and telling everybody never mind made the 13 week loss that much harder. With my son, I waited until I couldn't hide it anymore... 14 weeks. I did, however, tell a couple "need to know" people at work immediately do they could pick up my slack with lifting. I'm doing the same this time.

I've only told my mum and dad and OHs mum and dad. My friend of 14 years also knows but only because she saw ovulation tests and pregnancy tests in my shopping bags! I came clean that we were trying so it was obvious when I stopped drinking that she'd guess I was pregnant so I was open with her. It is nice to have a friend to talk to TBH. Last time I waited until I had a 12 week scan picture to show people as a photo said more than words could.

I told my mom and close friends but won't be telling anyone else until after my first scan.

I'm also 6 weeks and I want to tell the whole world. I've told most of my family and a few people at work, but I haven't made it "facebook official" yet. Lol. I worry so much that something bad is going to happen, and I can only imagine how hard it would be to tell people.

We stay a perpetual secret on FB - we only announce when LO is born :haha:

First time around I told close friends and family just as I saw them from around 7 weeks then told everyone at 12 weeks, posted it on Facebook at 20 weeks.

The second time I did the same and when I lost the baby at 13 weeks it was very hard to see people. To be honest it's a horrible thing to happen so I don't feel worse having people know than if they didn't. At least they can understand when I'm a bit off!

This time I'm not sure. I think once I've accepted that I am actually pregnant Ill tell my mum and my sisters! Just trying not to think about it for the moment, if morning sickness hits though ill definitely tell! I had it both previous pregnancies and it floored me.

I think if it's people u would need or want to talk to if something went wrong then I'd tell them. my mum knows and so does oh parents

With my 2nd bub we told everyone at 6.5 weeks lol I couldn't hold it in :)

We've told immediate family. Haven't told anyone else. We are too excited. Bottom line, it sounds harsh, but if you lose your little one it won't matter if you've told no one or the entire world, it will hurt just as much.

This is kind of tricky because my DH and I have slightly different perspective on things. I cannot blame him though. His brother and SIL (now divorced), was pregnant, and they had to rush into getting married. She lost the baby. After that, she has been pregnant 7 more times (she has NO problems getting pregnant, it's staying pregnant is the issue), and finally had a baby girl. After 9 years of marriage, they got divorced. Because of the losses, it made it very hard on the family especially when the oldest family member was going through Alzheimer's (8 or9 years) at the time. So, needless to say, I can see why my DH is a bit reserved and wants to wait, especially since I'm 35. My DH wanted to wait until 3 months to tell his family.

I told my mom the day I found out. I had to tell a couple close friends because they were already super worried when I was complaining about tummy troubles and it was affecting my cycling. They promised not to tell anyone.

DH said to me, "I want to tell my parents tomorrow." I was kind of shocked, but I know he's super excited. He already told a close friend.

We're 6 weeks if it matters. So, I believe it's all about personal choice. My friend didn't tell anyone until she was 5 1/2 months. Another friend didn't tell ANYONE until she had the baby. No one knew, except for those that saw her. She never posted pictures on FB and such. I couldn't blame her because she was 45, and this was her first child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->