Temping advice needed ... AGAIN!

berrukins

Mommy to 2
Reaction score
Hello ladies, temping is driving me up the wall! FF has officially labelled me as having ovulated last Wednesday night, but somehow I am not entirely convinced since Thursday morning's temp was taken when I was tossing & turning in bed.

But anyway that aside. If I did ovulate on Wed night as per FF, then technically that would make it 4DPO today. I woke up 1.5 hours earlier than my usual temping time today, so fearing I may not be able to fall back to sleep, I temped & it was 35.97. Isn't that an awfully low temp, for someone's who supposedly in her luteal phase?! I was a little paranoid about the reading so I temped again after 5 mins & it was 35.99.

Went back to sleep & nearing 3 hours later, I woke up & temped again. Now it's 36.63. I've only gone past my normal temping time by an hour or so. I used this site to "adjust" my temps & it tells me my temp should be 36.49 if I had taken it my regular time.

https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

What do you ladies think is going on with me? Should I use the earliest temp which is 35.97 as my temp for today? Or should I use 36.63? Any advice much appreciated!

I feel like I'm going nuts temping. I even took my temp after I used the bathroom, and from 36.63, it dropped slightly to 36.62 .. I thought any movement would cause BBT to rise?

Agggh, it's so annoying when you wake up at the wrong time, right at a crucial point on your chart isnt it?

Mine often drops after I wake up too, not sure what that's about.

I'd just put the first temp in for now & try to take an accurate one tomorrow.
Looking at your past chart, 36.5 is still in the post ov range, so FF should leave the CH's on.

Good luck xx

hey b, I'm in exactly the same place as you right now. Waking up through the nite and taking temps trying to see if they are up or down, figuring out whether ff is right, whether inhabe ovd or not. Now I'm even forecasting temps to see what happens!
Anyway, I would agree for you to use the first temp as that is still above your coverline. Keep dtd and see what tomorrows temp brings... Good luck xi

One unusual temp is nothing to worry about, I know it's hard when you expect it to be high and it's not. It's to be expected that it is a bit wrong though if you've had a disturbed night.

I've started only temping every couple of days cos I had the same problem as you waking up then worrying, then staying awake incase I didn't wake up,then temps being weird - it's madness!!! If wake up at the right time I take it, if I don't I don't worry. FF goes on the general pattern not individual daily temps. And if you're putting in other signs like cm/cp then it'll read those too.

Good luck!

Thanks ladies ... so you feel that I should register 35.97 or 36.63 as my temp for today? My coverline this cycle is calculated to be 36.19 (as per FF), so 35.97 would be below the coverline.

Anyway I feel the onset of mild cystitis reoccuring - it's been on & off the past couple of days, so I went to the doc earlier to get some medication. Doc thinks that I should have ovulated already but he also mentioned that my temp spike (by a good 0.6 difference within 3 hours) could have been brought about the cystitis infection. But the last time I had cystitis, my temp still remained low & did not increase. It's tough trying to make a baby!!

Oh sorry, I obviously didn't read your post properly.:dohh:

I see what you mean now, it's below coverline.

I'd put either one in in, tick the discard box I (so you can still refer back to it) then see what tomorrow brings? xx

Berrukins, I agree with the other posts. Use the first temp, record the time and discard if needs be. You need 3 raised temps to confirm OV, so a pattern should emerge eventually. Just keep up the bding in the meantime, if your cystitis allows. I suffer from this also so sympathise.

Thanks everyone, for your words of wisdom :) Much appreciated.

I entered 35.97 as today's temp & FF immediately said my chart no longer shows I have ovulated. Told DH to take a look at my awful chart & now we're wondering if we should keep at it, hahaa .. He thought his role for this cycle has been completed & that he's off the hook. So now we're contemplating BDing tonight just in case the egg is still waiting to be released! Now I'm praying my cystitis would be much better tonight for some TLC.

Anyway I was curious to find out if I am still in pre-ovulatory stage so I did an OPK test, and absolutely nothing. The test line is almost non-existent. And now I'm wondering if it's due to diluted urine, because I've been drinking alot of liquids to `flush out' the cystitis. Arrghhh ... this is driving me really crazy!!

I had a similar issue with my chart and because it was driving me nuts I put some temp forecasts for the next couple of days to see what it would say and it did end up confirming I ovd when I thought but by the time it did confirm I was 4dpo. Fxd tomorrow brings some clarity xx

I had a similar issue with my chart and because it was driving me nuts I put some temp forecasts for the next couple of days to see what it would say and it did end up confirming I ovd when I thought but by the time it did confirm I was 4dpo. Fxd tomorrow brings some clarity xx

Thanks Chanel. I entered a higher temp into tomorrow's date for fun's sake, and instantly FF restructured my chart again to show ovulation on CD16 as like before. Gosh, now I am nervous about tmrw's temperature! I hate it when I badly want to sleep but I am also anxious to find out my temp. All I want to know if I've ovulated!

I'm sure tomorrows temp will confim.
I'll keep my fxd for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->