Terrible, terrible stomach pain!

maytobe

Reaction score
Last night, I woke up with the WORST stomach pain I have ever encountered, and I have had my share of bad ones. It was not exactly period pain. It was a combination of a stomach upset pain, which I used to get frequently in the first trimester because I had nausea but which I last night got on the upper side of my stomach, as well as some of the lower side. And muscular too. It was AWFUL, like a thousand horses were chained to me and dragging me from all sides. I was moaning in pain and my husband woke up and we tried to get to what the matter was. It felt a bit like heartburn, because the constricting pain was a bit in the chest too and in my back. I had some cold milk and walked about, tried elevating my head, but no go, it was as bad. Finally, I vomited all the Christmas cakes I had had the day before :( I felt better as soon as I did.

I got another bout of the awful pain but I slept better in the hopes that it was indigestion and that Bubs was fine, and the pain went quickly. Bubs was kicking now and then in the middle of the night. S/he is a bit quiet today morning (Bubs is usually quiet in the mornings, more active in the evenings). The pain is gone now and I feel better but the night was quite awful.

Has anyone felt the same? Do you think this could harm the baby? I cannot meet my doctor today, she might come in tomorrow. I guess the latest I can see her if not tomorrow is Monday. I do feel fine this morning but I was a bit shaken. There was no bleeding, by the grace of God. Any advice would be great. I don't care how much I suffer, I can go through ANYTHING, as long as Bubs is okay.

If it is that severe hun, which it sounds like it is, there is no harm in calling your midwife. x

Yes, I will call today. Don't know if they will be around though, because this is a quiet week. They do have the routine staff there who can take blood pressure, etc. I can contact my doctor though, she is quite accessible on the phone.

Got her on the phone, she told me it could be a combination of heartburn and indigestion. I will most likely be seeing her tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->