Terrified of blood test results!

DivineDiamond

Reaction score
Hey there ladies!

I am 6 weeks pregnant and have to go for my first bloods in 3 weeks.

I am aware what they test for but didn't expect to see a HIV test included, now I'm terrified!

I've only been with 7 men since I was 16 I'm now 26. Been careful but not always with my first long term partner of 3 1/2 years.

Been with DH for 4 1/2 years and we've never used contraception but he was clear before we got together,I've never had a HIV test so I'm just so scared! I don't even know how at risk I am, never had any STIs either,

Please help!

I wouldn't worry much about it.
We were both also given HIV with my blood tests when we wanted to start fertility treatments. When we asked why we were told it's just a standard test they have.

We were told it's standard. I coupdate have specifically declined but I said just do it anyway if itz the norm.
(Not that I've yet made it to the walk in blood clinic to give my sample)

Don't worry too much about it. I'm sure you're fine. HIV is not as easy to catch as you would think. According to the CDC, the risk of male to female transmission is only 8 transmissions for every 10,000 exposures, and that is ASSUMING your partner was positive, which he probably wasn't.

It's a standard test when you're pregnant. I know HIV tests can be scary, but don't worry too much. From what you said, it doesn't seem like you're living a high-risk lifestyle.

In case you're comforted by statistics like I am, here is the link I got that statistic from: https://www.cdc.gov/hiv/policies/law/risk.html

Thank you all for the kind words, really helps knowing I'm not totally bonkers!

And the statistics are so comforting thank you my lovely :)

Xx

Just an update ladies, I did a home HIV test (one of the crazy things hormones makes us do) and got the all clear :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->