Tesco value/Asda Smartprice - what do you buy?

I buy tonnes of tesco value stuff. It's how my shopping is so cheap I think. I buy normal tescos meat if I'm having meat but then most of the other stuff will be either tesco or tesco value. I don't buy branded stuff at all.

Tesco value stuff I buy a lot is- part baked baguettes (2 for 38p!), pitta breads, bagels, wraps, bread for OH, crisps (only the plain or prawn cocktail though, the others taste a bit funky), noodles, kidney beans, sweetcorn, tinned tomatos, sweet and sour cooking sauce, biscuits (jaffa cakes, bourbons, rich tea...tried the shortbread once but didn't like it, thought it just tasted like eating pure butter), milk chocolate, pasta, rice, sometimes their soft cheese but the problem with that is it's full fat (which is like 25% or something) so mostly I pay extra for the light choices one. Oh and chocolate mousse.

I find it all really nice, the only thing is sometimes it's smaller than it's equivalent in the normal tesco or branded range, or higher in sugar or fat.

Loo rolls I buy just normal tesco and buy 12 at a time and they seem to last forever!

As you can see from that mega list though, the bulk of my weekly shop is mainly value stuff, then I buy slightly nicer veggies and meat to go with. xx

I buy value/smart tin potato's, and smart price kitchen roll.

Nothing cept tissues :( What a snob.

any tin tomatoes, sweetcorn, spaggeti ect ill buy at smart/vaule price.

Pasta and rice again ill buy smart/value

Curry/pasta sauces ill buy at smart value but thats about it really

oh and my biscuits lol and packet noodles

"expencive" loo roll i find lasts longer since i find with the cheap stuff you use more so you dont stick your fingers though and feels like a cheese grater on my Ass to be honest :dohh:

Cannot stand cheap cola or jaffa cakes though they taste nasty

Kyle has pampers nappies and pampers or huggies wipes so no cheap stuff there

To the person who said lady towels ive used tesco not there cheap cheap ones but the middle range and found them better than a certain named brand :thumbup:

Oh really? The tesco value ones are POOP though. When I had Aiden and (tmi) I was still bleeding a few weeks after but only a tiny tiny amount, I used them and they're really small for a start and they don't stick to your knickers well at all and they're just AWFUL :shrug:

the tesco own i used came in the purple packets and looked really thin and i thought WTF this wont hold anything.. but they where really good.. but it was about 2 years ago i used them lol

I must of had a dud pack they fell to pieces xx

I buy tonnes of tesco value stuff. It's how my shopping is so cheap I think. I buy normal tescos meat if I'm having meat but then most of the other stuff will be either tesco or tesco value. I don't buy branded stuff at all.

Tesco value stuff I buy a lot is- part baked baguettes (2 for 38p!), pitta breads, bagels, wraps, bread for OH, crisps (only the plain or prawn cocktail though, the others taste a bit funky), noodles, kidney beans, sweetcorn, tinned tomatos, sweet and sour cooking sauce, biscuits (jaffa cakes, bourbons, rich tea...tried the shortbread once but didn't like it, thought it just tasted like eating pure butter), milk chocolate, pasta, rice, sometimes their soft cheese but the problem with that is it's full fat (which is like 25% or something) so mostly I pay extra for the light choices one. Oh and chocolate mousse.

I find it all really nice, the only thing is sometimes it's smaller than it's equivalent in the normal tesco or branded range, or higher in sugar or fat.

Loo rolls I buy just normal tesco and buy 12 at a time and they seem to last forever!

As you can see from that mega list though, the bulk of my weekly shop is mainly value stuff, then I buy slightly nicer veggies and meat to go with. xx

OH YEAH!! The tesco value chocolate mousse - 4 for 25p- AMAZINGG!! They are soooooo yummy and they're not just air either!

Mmm.. not sure! I think we have value apple juice because I drink so much of it, and razors.. the double blade ones though, the single blade cut you to shreds!

I won't buy value meat (I don't think there is anything wrong with it, I'm just SO picky with meat anyway I can't even bring myself to try it.)

Fresh fruit, veg, salad etcetera I buy value, it sometimes is slightly odd shaped but tastes great.
Baby bath stuff and lotions and potions tend to be branded (only the best!) but nappies and wipes I use own brand. I prefer ASDA's unscented wipes to Johnsons and nappies I've found to be pretty much the same, especially for my toddler. (LO I still buy pampers but when she puts on some more weight I'll be switching to own brand.)

I buy Smartprice chopped toms, eggs, tuna & crumpets and maybe the odd other thing but nothing much else

Pasta
Chopped tomatoes
Plum tomatoes
Toilet roll
Soap

We shop at Sainsburys and probably get the Basics for some household stuff but not food really. DH's dad is the land of Asda smart price and I can always tell, a lot of it is total crap.

Nothing cept tissues :( What a snob.

I must be too then! I do use asda smartprice wipes to clean the wheels of my pram and I am going to start using them to clean Daisy's highchair cos using pampers wipes is costing me a fortune!
Will still stick to pampers for her bum though!

Smart price nappy bags ... they go in the bin with a smelly nappy in. Why waste money! LOL

Smart price garlic bread... tastes the same
Smart price tinned tomato's

think thats about it tbh!

We buy a lot of asda own stuff but not so much the smart price

I buy nappy bags out of poundland, they are much thicker and easier to get apart!

It depends on what it is, sometimes though the value brands haven't always worked out cheaper for us. I know that with certain things like pasta they do a big family sized pack but its more expensive than buying several smaller bags.

I do always check the salt and sugar content etc in the value stuff as i feel they just bung stuff into make it taste good.

My hubby is quite a scrupulous shopper!

I dont buy much value/smartprice stuff tbh, nothing regular, i do pick up the odd bits and bobs when they catch my eye though,

Once upon a time Sainsburys just used to repackage stuff into their "value" packaging but i think they stopped that now, Sainsburys "value" stuff is by far the nicest, and pretty much the same prices as everywhere elses "value" range

I don't buy any of the value range :blush: i always usually go for branded or the supermarket own but not value iykwim?? xx

I have to totally agree on Tesco meatballs in a can - I bloody love them!

I get the value sweetcorn, spring water, chopped tomatoes...My cupboars are full of red and white!

The only thing I HAVE to have branded is beans, the rest I dont mind

I buy nappy bags out of poundland, they are much thicker and easier to get apart!

I buy mine in LIDL. They come in a travel pack and smell nice lol.

As for wiping highchairs and faces, I buy a huge pack of the blue and white clothes and cut them up into small squares. I dampen it, wipe her face then her highchair and wash them :shrug: I do a load everyday anyway.

We got loads of cut terry squares to use instead of wipes. Some are designated bum and some are for face. We have some flannels for meal times too. Much nicer than using loads of disposables and chucking them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->