Tesco value/Asda Smartprice - what do you buy?

Plus Amelie always opens her mouth and tries to eat the wipe and they can't taste nice :rofl:

Plus Amelie always opens her mouth and tries to eat the wipe and they can't taste nice :rofl:

:rofl: Byron likes to lick at cloths as they pass round his mouth and under his chin. They're so funny these babies!

Tinned toms
sweetcorn
cheese
thin bleach

I read an article where actually sometimes cheaper brands are better and less preservatives etc x

we have asda smartprice noodles 9p a pack and cant tell any difference

I buy Sainsbury's Basics range!! :thumbup: Only things we found are not good are tomato soup, tinned spaghetti and....the angel delight mixes need less milk than the packet says in order to set. :)

xx

alot of the value stuff is lower in fat and salt and stuff than the healthy option as they are trying to cut down on cost so dont put as much in. Check the labels and compare. It's quite interesting.

the smartprice biscuits are as exactly the same as branded but so much cheaper

xx

We use mostly Asda stuff, but not the smartprice range. Except the biscuits, they're amazing! And the chocolate.

For us we buy asda smart price:

Tinned tomatoes
Tinned sweetcorn
Eggs (if we are having a skint week lol)
Loo roll
Cling film and tin foil
nappy sacks ( to clean up after doggy's on our walks)
Biscuits (for OH for his coffe breaks at work lol)

I dont however like the tins of beans, spaghetti etc, and meat, bath stuff, cleaning products are all named brands.

I've tried a lot of the Tesco Value stuff...

Tesco Value Red leicester - £1.97 ish for a big block..
Tesco Value Shortbread - 9p for pack of 5
Tesco Value Biscuit Barrel - £1.08 for big mix of biscuits (on offer sometimes for like 68p)
Tesco Value dilute pop - various
Tesco Value Chicken Curry (tin) - 40 to 50p ish (only downside... not as much chicken as the normal tesco one but thats £1.30 ish a can)
Tesco Value Curry (tin) - 4p!!! (didn't taste too bad...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->