• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Test accuracy at potential 19 weeks?

CakePlease

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Thanks in advance for your help. I’d appreciate some informed advice about a potential pregnancy. I’m scared and frightened because i’m currently recovering from a period of poor mental health following a cessation of psychiatric medication, and the thought of having a child right now is overwhelming me.

To summarise: I’m a man who had a short-term relationship last year. I slept with this lady on the 13th October; she said she was on the pill.

We’ve stayed friends, and I went round to see her for coffee yesterday. I visited the bathroom, and reached for a new toilet roll on the shelf; inside was a used pregnancy test. I took a look and it said pregnant.

Bemused, I confronted her about this and she said that it was an old test from late October following a missed period, and that she subsequently had a hCG blood test taken to check which had confirmed she isn’t pregnant – she tells me she lost the baby, or the test was a false positive.

I explained to her that it wouldn’t make sense for her to leave a 19 week old pregnancy test in her bathroom, inside a new toilet roll. She even conceded she had slept with two other men since October, but denied that the pregnancy test was more recent; this doesn't add up and so now I do not trust her.

I am now in a new serious relationship with a woman I love, and thus the ambiguity of this situation has terrified me. I visited my ex again today and explained how I didn’t sleep a wink last night. She was happy to take a pregnancy test for me today, for which I was grateful.

I bought a Clearblue digital pregnancy test, and she was willing to urinate in a medical pot so I could perform the test myself.

I used both tests in the pack this morning, and they came back negative.

My question: At potentially 19 weeks pregnant, what is the chance that the tests are wrong? Do they need to be taken at a certain time of the month to be accurate after 19 weeks? The paperwork with the test made it clear that the timing of the test is pivotal to accuracy.

I’m sorry if these questions are obvious, but i’m distressed because the behaviour of this lady has been dubious, and i’m in a terrible place to father a child.

Thank you again ☺

I did a pregnancy test at 20 weeks for kicks and a line still came up but it wasn't as dark. I think you're okay on that front.

HCG levels at 19 weeks are lower than at 8-10 weeks but still more than high enough to show with any urine of the day.

Also, I don't think digital tests last that long. The battery normally goes out within a week or two.

I am 19weeks pregnant and look obviously pregnant.

Also I have multiple positive pregnancy tests in my home that date up to 5yrs ago. I know I'm not alone in keeping them although they aren't in a new toilet roll but kept in my cupboard I'm a cane basket. After my husband and I took many years to fall pregnant they have abit of sentimental value to me as stupid as that sounds.

I doubt she is pregnant if the tests were negative.

At 19 weeks her hcg levels would be upwards of 4,000 at very least. Those tests can detect hcg when it hits 10. I would safely believe that she is not pregnant.

If the tests came back negative, she is not pregnant. It would definitely show by that point, and usually, she'd probably have a little tell tale bump as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->