• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Testing with Breast Milk

Enasni453

Reaction score
I was reading MilkOnTap's thread about pregnancy testing with breastmilk, and noticed a few other girls were trying it out too. I was curious & did a little research & found that testing with breast milk is not accurate because it can cause false positives.

Well it still sounded like fun and I've got tons of HPTs to waste, so I gave it a go! I weaned my one-year-old a couple of weeks ago, so all I have left is a few drops of milk - just enough to test.

I knew before testing that I am not pregnant - I'm very early in my cycle (in the midst of a heavy period still), definitely haven't ovulated yet, and have been taking my basal temperature, so I know for sure that I'm in the follicular phase of my cycle and that pregnancy is impossible. I tested with breast milk anyway just to see if I'd get a false positive.

The test line showed up as soon as the milk passed over with it, and by the time the milk had passed to the end, the test line was as dark as the control line. I was shocked to see such a dark positive. I was expecting a faint line if anything. When I was pregnant, I never got a test line that dark.

It actually freaked me out a little, I started to wonder if I'd had a chemical pregnancy, so I took another HPT the proper way, with urine. It was totally white BFN.

I was just really surprised to have such a dark line when I'm not at all pregnant. I wanted to share this story in case anyone else is curious ^_^ And if anyone's trying to figure out if they're pregnant or not, don't test with breastmilk!

How interesting. Can you post the pic?? xx

Sorry, I didn't take a photograph because I don't have a photobucket account.

omg thats crazy.
i think ill try and do it just to scare my husband
BWAHAHA :D

I've also heared of woman testing with their own blood at home.

its apparently because the antibodies in the breast milk reacts with the pregnancy test because they are not made to be used that way thats why they can produce false positives... many sites have suggested this to but i guess its kinda funny, my son has not breast feed for almost 4 years but i still leak wonder if it would work on me lol

omg, i tried it and it didn't work. :(
i used a FRER, what kind did you use?

damn it, i wanted to see my husband shit his pants :(

aww, what a shame! Mine was an internet cheapie (I think from US Health Tests?).

Omg I just tested with urine just out of curiosity and I think bfp????

gahhh,
here's the test.
problem is i'm *supposed* to have mirena unless it fell out or something.
going to see the OB tomor.........

Attachments

• hpt #2.jpg
    hpt #2.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 211
Oh my goodness! Brunette...lol....you might still get to see hubby soil himself, that's a BFP!

Oh btw, my cousin's IUD fell out and she didn't know it, that's how she ended up with baby #3 :) Just a thought :flower:

Omg, guess dh is going to crap still.. Post the pic

Oops you beat me to it, lol.. Please call the doc on call as pregnancy with mirena still in can be dangerous

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->