Tezzy, Dairymomma and Katerdid's journey together to their Rainbow Babies!

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
Hey girls,

I'm Terrie, 25, wife and mum of two and one on the way. We had a MMC last year and needless to say I'm a bit anxious about this pregnancy!

I'm in a few other buddy groups on here but they are so large I'm feeling a bit lost and keep missing lots of posts so I'm looking for a bump buddy (or 2!) to share the journey with.

Looking forward to getting to know you :flower:

I'd love to be your bump buddy! I'm on a few other threads but, like you, I'm a bit lost in the crowd. I'm Jill, happily married to my farmer hubby of almost six years, mom to two little miracles, and six little angels. I'm due the very very end of December but my dh keeps kidding me I'll go over two weeks and have this baby on my son's birthday in the middle of January. I can totally understand your worries as I have them too! It's hard not to when you've had a previous loss.

Hi Jill,

Congrats on your pregnancy! :) how have you found your pg journey so far this time round?

Looking forward to sharing our journeys together!

Hello! Can I join? I'm 24, have a 20 month old already. Due baby number 2 on new years eve.

I had a MMC in feb, quite devastating. Baby's heart stopped out of the blue around 9 weeks, didn't find out til 2 weeks later.

Very nervous this time around, although it was reassuring to see the heartbeat at 6wk6.

Helloooo! Yes of course you can join :wave: it's so scary isn't it?

I have a scan at 10am today... I'm crossing my fingers everything is ok!

Terry, my pregnancy was pretty good other than the usual anxiety I feel in the first trimester. I had VERY strong pregnancy symptoms so I felt pretty good. Then last week I started spotting but it stopped a day later. I had no cramping so I figured it was just the progesterone I've been taking. However, this morning I went bathroom and wiped pinkish brown again. Needless to say, as soon as my dr's office opens, I'm going to be on the phone. No cramping but to see blood of any kind-pink, brown, red, whatever-makes me freak out big time. DH says not to worry because I haven't had any more discharge since I got up but it's hard. My pg symptoms have sort of started to come and go but I'm wondering if it's because I'm so stressed out about this and I'm not noticing them. I'm also at 10+1 now so it's possible my symptoms would be easing too. Doesn't stop me from worrying, though. All I want to do is see my baby and see a strong healthy heartbeat. Well, enough about my worries...How's your pregnancy going so far? Hopefully it's going good.

Welcome Katerdid! Sure you can join in. The more the merrier, right?

*hugs* dairymomma I hope they offer you a scan or something to calm your fears!

I had my scan, all went well, little Bean measured 6w 4d with the heartbeat racing away. It has certainly calmed my fears a little, although its still early days yet.

Symptom wise ive been lucky so far, ive had mega sore boobs since i got pregnant and lots of cramping feelings, ive had a few :sick: moments... once was when i was cooking garlic chicken and the other this morning when i was making the kids ham sandwiches for school this morning. Must be a meat thing!

Terry, sounds like your bean is doing good! Yay! Hoping things stay that way. It's kind of nice in a weird way that your symptoms are so strong cuz it means your hormones are nice and high and getting higher. Funny to think we actually welcome morning sickness and sore bbs! :)

As for me, I decided not to talk to the dr. after all. I'm seeing her next week and I'm not cramping and my symptoms are all still there (sore boobs, morning sickness, tired) so I am going to try and wait it out. Might call today and see if I switch my appt to the end of this week but things are holding steady so far...Spent yesterday tending to a very unhappy little boy with a possible ear infection so I really couldn't have gone in anyway. Discharge went away for the rest of the day and only two teeny tiny little pink dots when I got up this morning so I'm thinking it's just the progesterone irritating my cervix. Finally told my sis about my pg but swore her to secrecy because of the spotting. Felt SO good to tell someone else! I've been just dying to spill the beans but it kind of hurt when she wasn't all that excited for me. I understand she's worried for me but it still felt odd.

hey Dairymomma, im glad you have told your sister :) it helps to be able to confide in somebody! Also glad you are feeling ok enough to hold on until your drs appointment... crossing my fingers everything i ok for you!

So glad things aren't so scary Jill, fingers crossed it will keep getting better and no more blood!!! xxx I find people aren't nearly as excited for me this time around too, bit off-putting.

Terrie, hooray for a happy scan! It's so nice to see the heartbeat. Garlic chicken makes me want to yack too. I think the only meat I can stand right now is bologna of all things! And I am not a bologna kinna gal haha. But smother some mayo and dill relish on a piece of soft wheat bread with some oscar meyer bologna...oh man. So disgusting but so good.

I had a scan yesterday, was convinced my baby was dead and was just all sorts of uneasy. I told a white lie (that I was spotting) to get it, but turns out I've got a bleed in my uterus - just leftover blood from implantation, nothing worrisome - and that kinna went along with my lie. Glad I know about it now, so if I get some old blood in the coming weeks, I'll know where it came from. Baby was squirming away, heartbeat was at 173 (I'm thinking it's totally a girl!). But I feel so much better as now we've made it past when my angel died, it feels like this baby is here to stay.

Hey Kate so glad you got to see your baby bean and that all is well :)

I got my MW appt through the post today and its for Tuesday at 12.30 now I just have to find an excuse to miss an hour off work :0/

Well, I ended up going in today after all. I wiped pink again after I posted and started to feel pain in my lower back so I called the on-call OB dr (my dr is out on weds) and got in. She's running an hCG and progesterone level just to be sure, and because of my pinkish/brown discharge, she's checking for an infection but my cervix is closed and everything looks okay. Amazingly she picked up a faint little heartbeat with the doppler too! My heartbeat was covering it so she couldn't get a good read but it was there. Whew! Just got home from my ultrasound (which I requested) and even though I don't have any results, I GOT TO SEE MY BABY! It was wiggling and wriggling all over the place! So cute! And a STRONG steady heartbeat in the 170s. *Breathing deeply* I know I'm not out the woods yet but I'm so so so happy there's still a little bean in there. Just freaked out a bunch because of the extra spotting and what is looking like round ligament pain but DH keeps telling me I told you so! (He figured it was nothing to be concerned about.)

Hi Jill :wave:

Woohoo so so glad you got to see your little Rainbow Bean!!! Its definitely reassuring to know that there's a little heartbeat pumping away in there!!!

Today i am officially 7 weeks *happy dancing*

I know. It's such a relief to know my baby is still in there. He/She even waved Hi Mom! during the ultrasound! :p Feeling MAJORLY relieved today. Now that I know there's still a heartbeat I'm feeling pretty zen. Add to that I had only a little bit of pink discharge this morning when I got up and nothing since, and I'm feeling pretty happy.

Good to know you're that far along, right Tezzy? Each week, actually each DAY at this point makes you feel like you've climbed another mountain. So Happy 7 Weeks! Enjoy it.

And glad to hear everything is going good, Katerdid. I really don't like having extra ultrasounds but they really do make you feel SO much better to actually SEE your baby, right?

Aw it must be so reassuring at your stage, you got to see arms and legs etc whereas mine was just a bean and a flicker, things could still go wrong between now and 12 weeks and that scares me so much!

I forgot to share my pic of my bean

https://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/tezzy-wezzy/92041D0F-7A4C-4E5E-8272-308695F67DB9-149-000000087221C8B5.jpg

Awww, what a cutie pie! :p And just because I saw arms waving and legs wiggling, doesn't mean my bean looked like anything but a bean...Which is pretty much what it still looked like. :) I was too relieved yesterday to ask for a pic before I left. I just wanted to go home and hug my dh. And, yes, things can change so quickly before the end of the first trimester. With my history I know that all too well. So, just take it as easy as you can, breathe deeply, and know that every day you make it through it another day closer to the day you meet your :baby:. And don't hesitate to talk to your dr if you have any questions. I'm using lavender essential oil on my wrists to help keep me calm. Seems to be helping.

Update-just got a call from the dr. My labs came back in already. She said they were all within the normal range so she saw nothing to worry about there. The ultrasound showed a baby measuring 10w4d (I am 10w3d today according to my lmp) and I have a small uterine bleed that's causing the spotting I'm seeing. Since I had two of these with my daughter and still carried her to term, I'm not as worried now. It's still troubling to see blood but at least I know where it's coming from, right?

I'm so so glad that you have found the cause of the spotting!! Yay!! Nice to hear that you feel good and relaxed now :)

Not long until second trimester for Youuuuu!!!!!!

I know it seems like F.O.R.E.V.E.R. til you cross that magical 2nd trimester line but it'll happen. For all of us. It's tough to wait. Even though I know why I'm spotting and everything, I still just want to go to bed tonight and wake up tomorrow morning and be like 20 weeks along. But I suppose if I could wish myself that far into the future, I might as well wish myself right to the end (bypassing labor, of course) so I can just hold my jellybean in my arms...

Even two more weeks seems like an eternity at this point...

Lol @ bypassing labour!!! I'm not actually worried about that bit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->