The **1+ and still not walking** thread

Congrats all- we are getting there!

Grace has just started pulling herself up to standing on the sofa too!

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP - looks like allll go for the 18 month plussers this week doesnt it

Gosh I am sooo excited for all of us!!!

I cant wait to get the boys shoes now - I am just worried their feet will be too big for cruisers hehehehe

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP - looks like allll go for the 18 month plussers this week doesnt it

Gosh I am sooo excited for all of us!!!

I cant wait to get the boys shoes now - I am just worried their feet will be too big for cruisers hehehehe

I got Evie some cruisers but she hates walking in them :dohh:

She is usually barefoot in the house anyway and isn't walking outside just yet

Vicki - the consultant we saw recommended proper walking shoes or even boots for proper support, he told us not to bother with soft shoes or cruisers as the extra support was what he needed. Clarks tried to tell us differently but we went with the Dr as we thought he knows best.

Vicki - the consultant we saw recommended proper walking shoes or even boots for proper support, he told us not to bother with soft shoes or cruisers as the extra support was what he needed. Clarks tried to tell us differently but we went with the Dr as we thought he knows best.

oohhh really? I am all in a dilemma now - arrgghh what to do what to do!!!!! Did the dr recommend it for any late walkers or for specific reasons?

I agree with this! Daisy took her first steps at 14 months and I bought her cruisers but then she just refused to walk at all. She would just crawl everywhere. Then at 17 months I got her proper walking shoes and she was walking like a pro within days. It was too easy for her to crawl in the cruisers as they were flexible and as her balance wasn't great and she also lacked confidence they just didn't give her enough support.

Yep, he just said that it would take away some of the flexbility of his ankle and kind of force him into trying to get onto his feet. I would assume when you get your appointment through that they will probably recommend the same for you too. I hated doing it at first and Jacob hated having shoes on his feet as he'd never been used to anything other than socks, but he loves them now.

That's really interesting about the cruisers. Rebecca has been in cruisers for a few months. I've bought her some "proper" shoes as she is a flower girl on Saturday so hopefully they'll be just what she needs - I can but hope :haha:

Well we have decided to get proper shoes hopefully this weekend. If clarks get bolshy I will just say under doctors recommendation lol

Well we have decided to get proper shoes hopefully this weekend. If clarks get bolshy I will just say under doctors recommendation lol

To be honest, "cruisers" didn't exist when we were learning to walk and we managed it! I can't imagine it's that big a deal in the scheme of things - probably just a very clever marketing ploy by Clarks!

To be honest, "cruisers" didn't exist when we were learning to walk and we managed it! I can't imagine it's that big a deal in the scheme of things - probably just a very clever marketing ploy by Clarks!

thats what my oh said xxx

A lot of people say cruisers are a waste of money, people sometimes just buy them cos they're cute or they're sucked into thinking they have to get them, like you say we never had them, my daughter didn't and she walked at 13/14 months. Don't expect proper shoes though to be a miracle cure as Jacob has had his since he was 19 months and now at almost 22 months, he's still not walking unaided (although they have helped) and still chooses to go on his knees in the house, in the park, at the toy shop lol I guess at the minute that way is quicker for him but his knees are a terrible state, they always look dirty as they get so red and the skin is quite hard too.

thanks all - well we have Sams hospital referal through - 17th August ekkk its sooner than I thought which I am not sure if its a good or bad thing. Fynns isnt here yet amd hoping its just got sperated int he post - oh lord I hope they are the same day/time hehe

I feel like a c*ap mum today because they arent walking AARRGGHHHH

ooh not long then, good luck with it, it'll be good to find out once and for all. Jacob's back at physio on Tuesday too.

Although he's been making progress, I know how you feel, I feel so crap that he's gonna be 2 in little over 2 months and still not walking, I feel like he's really missing out :(
I don't think I can handle toddler groups come September again if he's not walking by then as I can't handle the comments from other Mums.

Hey everyone, how are we all getting on? It's been pretty quiet on here lately. We're still in the same position but we're back at physio in the morning after 2 months off. I'm just hoping she gives us some new tricks to try as it's really starting to upset me. My baby will be 22 months on Wednesday and still isn't walking. I never thought it'd be this way :(

Hi just moved over to the toddler section and was wondering if i could join??
I havent read the hole post but Macie turnt one this month and still isnt walking:blush:
xx

its all exciting here - we bought the boys shoes satuday they are lovely and they got charts and photos and all sorts - eekkk £56 though omg sized at the same 4.5g

In terms of progress Sam pulled himself up to standing yesterday from sitting on the floor first time ever!!!!!!!!!!! He is also pulling up to sitting all the time too - so he is getting there bless him (he didnt sit till 11.5 months and commando crawled at 13.5)

Fynn took a first step three days after his 18 month 'birthday' and yesterday and today took one step too - he will be off and running soon as he decides he wants too though.

Soooo mummy bootcamp continues!!!! one day at a time xxx

Nope LO still isn't walking, but not worrying yet.........

Aliyah is getting there now:D
Not fully walking but she will take 20plus steps before falling now :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"