The **1+ and still not walking** thread

Spoke to the HV today she thinks Harrison may have hypomobility in his knees or something because of the way he sits, my sister has it but in her hands. But she sid she isnt worried and to review it in a few months x

Yey! Fabulous progress! Grace is doing a little more standing (holding on to furniture) every day... we're getting there... if slowly!

Yay!! That's great news :) :) I'm sure soon enough we'll be shouting at them to sit on their bums and we'll be glad they were a bit later than most at getting started :)

Spoke to the HV today she thinks Harrison may have hypomobility in his knees or something because of the way he sits, my sister has it but in her hands. But she sid she isnt worried and to review it in a few months x

Jacob has that too, it's just what we commonly call double jointedness, it can take them longer to walk as their joints can't support their weight the same. We had to get Jacob weight bearing as much as possible to strengthen the muscles to help support him. Don't worry, it's nothing too serious :flower:

Hi ladies - what a week roller coaster of pure terror and total relief!!! So now you know its good news yay

Basically we took Sam to a pediatricians appointment last wednesday (standard referal by health visitor if they arent walking by 18 months) she did a really really thorough check and we were with her for an hour. She couldnt find anything wrong at all yay BUT and here is the terrifying there is a disease called Duchenne Musular Distrophy (awful fatal horrific) which she offered us a test for - simple blood test well if taking blood is simple from an 18 month old. Sooooo cue us waiting and me googling (big mistake) and six nights of horrific dreams and no sleep. Anyway we got the results this morning HE IS ALLLLL CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooo back to him just being a lazy lump lol but the pediatrician did say he had slightly loose ankles so the walking shoes even though he isnt walking is a good idea.

More wonderful news which has kind of paled in its fantasticness which i can now enjoy is that Fynn is finally taking four or five steps independantly so all fantastic in Vicky world today xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wow, what a stressful few days you must have had waiting for the results :hugs:. I'm so so glad Sam got the all clear.

And yay for Fynn taking steps :).

i'll join, bella's not walking yet. she crawls so fast everywhere, i don't think she sees the need!
xx

My daughter, Kelana does not walk yet. She is my latest walker of all my kids. My first walked at 9 mths, my second walked at 10mths...and Kelana is 12mths, but nowhere close. lol

Hi ladies - what a week roller coaster of pure terror and total relief!!! So now you know its good news yay

Basically we took Sam to a pediatricians appointment last wednesday (standard referal by health visitor if they arent walking by 18 months) she did a really really thorough check and we were with her for an hour. She couldnt find anything wrong at all yay BUT and here is the terrifying there is a disease called Duchenne Musular Distrophy (awful fatal horrific) which she offered us a test for - simple blood test well if taking blood is simple from an 18 month old. Sooooo cue us waiting and me googling (big mistake) and six nights of horrific dreams and no sleep. Anyway we got the results this morning HE IS ALLLLL CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooo back to him just being a lazy lump lol but the pediatrician did say he had slightly loose ankles so the walking shoes even though he isnt walking is a good idea.

More wonderful news which has kind of paled in its fantasticness which i can now enjoy is that Fynn is finally taking four or five steps independantly so all fantastic in Vicky world today xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Vicky that is great news, you must be so relieved. Our pediatrition was going to take blood but decided it wasn't worth putting Jacob through the stress of that!! I guess he was convinced then that there were no problems at the time.
Anyway, Jacob has been taking some independant steps too and now at 22.5 months, he took off all on his own round the shops today, it loks so weird seeing him walk as he hasn't before! He can't yet take off himself but if I hold his hands while he stands up then I let go, he just keeps going lol He did this on Sunday but he was crying and got very stressed, then today no problem off he went! Need to work on getting him to do it alone from scratch now but I'm sure now it's just a confidence matter. His feet still turn in which makes it harder for him to balance and makes him a bit more clumsy but he has physio next Wednesday so we will see what she thinks then. But all good for now :)

He stood all on his own! :wohoo:

2 seconds later he fell but :wohoo:

That's great news bathbabe, he will get there :)

Jacob is now doing great and I guess now I can say he is walking :) I was out with a friend yesterday and he spent the whole time chasing after her little boy and he was having a great time doing so. Today I was out with my Mum and he was also walking everywhere not to mention walking round to her house this afternoon and home again. I can't believe it!!!!!!! I thought it would never happen :) :)

Jacob is now doing great and I guess now I can say he is walking :) I was out with a friend yesterday and he spent the whole time chasing after her little boy and he was having a great time doing so. Today I was out with my Mum and he was also walking everywhere not to mention walking round to her house this afternoon and home again. I can't believe it!!!!!!! I thought it would never happen :) :)

Well done Jacob :).

Jacob has that too, it's just what we commonly call double jointedness, it can take them longer to walk as their joints can't support their weight the same. We had to get Jacob weight bearing as much as possible to strengthen the muscles to help support him. Don't worry, it's nothing too serious :flower:

I'm no longer in this thread as we had our first steps3 days before he was 18 months!! Anyway, I am pretty sure O has this, he is so incredibly bendy!! Really really is! Maybe this is why he took so long to walk?

My son is 14 months and isn't walking/standing. He crawls but not on all fours. He sits on his but and uses his hands and feet to get around. The dr told me to remove him from the walker so that he doesnt become too dependent of it. What did you moms do? Walker or no walker???

Lily took 2 unaided steps today twice!! Over the last week shes got so confident standing on her own, she keeps doing it and then she actually went 2 steps today and fell. SO proud :D x

My son is 14 months and isn't walking/standing. He crawls but not on all fours. He sits on his but and uses his hands and feet to get around. The dr told me to remove him from the walker so that he doesnt become too dependent of it. What did you moms do? Walker or no walker???

I'd ditch the walker now his 1.. Lily has never really had a walker as she didn't like it x

Harrison hardly ever uses/used the walker. Only if i was cooking dinner and he had woke early from his nap x

yayayayayayayaya go Jacob!!!!! you get ready to stride into toddler group wont you!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

well done Jacob that is brilliant news!!!!!! Still no walking here 17 months in a few days, but she is pulling herself to standing and climbing on everything a lot more so i am guessing this is all part of her getting stronger!!!!

Thank you ladies, he is actually sooooooo hyper lol he's been kicking a football tonight too!! I can't believe how fast that's happened considering he's only started walking this week :)

Maza, Jacob will be 23 months next week so don't fret,she will get there. He didn't even bear weight until 19 months when he started physio and then it was another couple of weeks before he cruised and now there's no stopping him and it's only been a couple of days. I have heard that when they are later to walk that they pick it all up so much faster than ones who walk earlier :)
I'll keep checking in here to see how everyone is getting on :)

Yay Jacob! Absolutely fantastic :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->