• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The **1+ and still not walking** thread

how are all the no walkers getting on.... Maisy is now 16 months and 2 weeks and still making no attempt to walk, whenever i try to get her to take some steps she just falls to the ground she is very stubborn, on a plus she has now finally started to pull herself to standing against the sofa and will climb onto the sofa. I feel like such a failure and it is starting to upset me now when people keep asking is she not walking yet arghhhhhh!!!!!!!

Grace is pulling herself to stand more often nowadays and is capable of 'cruising', although she doesn't choose to do it very often. I've taken to playing music videos she likes on my laptop and angling the screen in such a way that she can only see if she stands up. Then she'll jiggle about for a fair while and sometimes even let go to clap her hands! She still won't let me hold her hands and help her stand though... nearly 19 months now!

how are all the no walkers getting on.... Maisy is now 16 months and 2 weeks and still making no attempt to walk, whenever i try to get her to take some steps she just falls to the ground she is very stubborn, on a plus she has now finally started to pull herself to standing against the sofa and will climb onto the sofa. I feel like such a failure and it is starting to upset me now when people keep asking is she not walking yet arghhhhhh!!!!!!!

I hate this because when you say "No not yet" people always give you that look and then start saying "Well so and so started walking at x y and z months, what are you doing wrong?"

lol at the 'are they walking questions' its very annoying isnt it - although now I tend to volunteer it before people ask hehe

Well Fynn is regularly taking four steps and Sam is pulling to stand and kind of cruising - hey hey maybe there is hope for us yet!!! We wont be out of this thread for months yet though xx

Hospital appointment wednesday eekkk

ps I saw a little boy who was 9 months and walking and I though blimey my boys are twice his age!!!!

Oh God I hate the "are they walking" questions too - I've found for the last few months everyone just assumes that Jacob is walking so when I'm helping him to do things that babies half his age can do they kind of give us this weird look, so I also usually just tell people randomly but I do explain that he is having physio etc etc.

We have had some really good progress this week, Jacob will now walk holding one hand and we have had a great week walking round shops, exploring everything together (weather has been awful here) he also seems a lot happier for it and less tantrums too. Still not convinced that there's not something more with his feet as the Dr never took any x- rays or scans at the beginning but his left foot really turns inwards and he rolls over on the sides of his feet a lot too, this makes it harder for him to balance etc so will bring this up at our next appointment which isn't until October unfortunately :(

Hi all,

Just to offer you all some hugs. I've been there with hospital appointments, my lo being classed as 'developmentally delayed' (he didn't sit up until 9 months) and the whole feeling like a failure of a mother because he wasn't sitting / standing / walking. I know how it is to dread the 'But shouldn't he be .... by now?' questions and I came away from hospital appointments feeling as though it was all my fault.

But there really is light at the end of the tunnel. Despite being classed as delayed, my lo caught up and started walking at 16 months. Admittedly, he still staggers about drunkenly now, three months later, but he got there.

So although I know it's really hard, I just wanted to reassure you that they can and do catch up. I spent so much time worrying, but there's not a huge difference now between my lo and others that were walking months before he did.

Welly xx

P.S. Although he has a follow-up paediatrician appointment next week - they'll probably decide that there's something else that he's rubbish at and I'll be contradicting my own advice and panicking again! :dohh:

I think I belong here!

Arianna ia 13 months with no signs of walking yet. She didn't pull herself up to standing until after her 1st birthday. Today she let go of the table for the first time while standing (just for a couple of seconds) so that is good. People also ask me about the "not walking yet?" thing and she is only 13 months!!! It is annoying she has plenty of time but she's so fast at bum shuffling that I don't think she can see the point.

I was cheered by a colleague of mine last week though who has an 8 year old and a 5 year old. Her 8 year old was walking before her 1st birthday but her 5 year old didn't walk properly until he had turned 2. Her son was also a fast bum shuffler. Both her kids are perfectly healthy now!

Well I feel slightly better about my boys today - we went to a twins club summer fair yesterday and there were five mums/dads/nans I spoke to and all of their LO's werent wallking. They were 13, 14, 16.5 months the other two were coming up to a year. The mum of the 16.5 month girls said they werent weight bearing even.

We arent alone by any stretch of the imagination xxx

We had some progress today :) Jacob took a few steps this morning from his Daddy to the sofa, then between me and Daddy totally unaided and he did it loads. He did it this afternoon again for his big sister and also for his Granny :) :) :) :)

Still no walking here, harrison has been pulling himself up since 9months when he started crawling, he started cruising at 10 months but wont stand alone or take a step away from the sofa/table etc, he has now decided that the best way of comming down the stairs (instead of crawling backwards) is to 'walk' holding onto the rails and step down each step sideways :dohh:

Still no walking here, harrison has been pulling himself up since 9months when he started crawling, he started cruising at 10 months but wont stand alone or take a step away from the sofa/table etc, he has now decided that the best way of comming down the stairs (instead of crawling backwards) is to 'walk' holding onto the rails and step down each step sideways :dohh:

My LO ideal way of getting down the stairs or off the sofa is to go feel with his hands, then go head first, thankfully i have been there when he has done this.

Some grate progress going on with the babies on this thread :happydance:

As for my monkey he is still only crawling and cruising, but ever so fast at it. I don't think he will be walking for quite a while yet

Some grate progress going on with the babies on this thread :happydance:

As for my monkey he is still only crawling and cruising, but ever so fast at it. I don't think he will be walking for quite a while yet

Don't give up hope hun as Jacob wasn't even weight bearing until he was almost 19 months, then came the cruising. Still not walking unaided at 22 months but he is getting there. I was so proud when he took those few steps this morning, it was also really weird looking as we've had this totally dependant toddler for so long now so to see him exerting a little independance is just so surreal! Fantastic though :)

We had some progress today :) Jacob took a few steps this morning from his Daddy to the sofa, then between me and Daddy totally unaided and he did it loads. He did it this afternoon again for his big sister and also for his Granny :) :) :) :)

WOOOOO HOOOOOO THATS FANTASTIC YAYAYAYAYAYYA - you will both be walking tall back to toddler group in september I just know it xxxxxxx

My LO ideal way of getting down the stairs or off the sofa is to go feel with his hands, then go head first, thankfully i have been there when he has done this.

We have a fair few random steps in our house so as soon as he was crawling properly i taught him to go down backwards, took him a few weeks to get it tho, along with a few bruises :dohh: but for 5months hes been doing it ok, now this lol, and he only does it on our stairs, hes happy to go down backwards at my mums lol

We had 7 unaided steps today - SEVEN!!!! Hopefully she's starting to crack it (fingers crossed).

Great progress by our little people :thumbup:

We had 7 unaided steps today - SEVEN!!!! Hopefully she's starting to crack it (fingers crossed).

Great progress by our little people :thumbup:

WHOOOP WHOOP WHOOP - good job!!!!!!

We had four by Fynn and Sam just wants to walk everywhere holding hands lol AND Sam is trying to pull himself up to standing on the bounce and spin zebra

Hospital day after tomorrow eekk

Thank you Vicky and WW1, that is fantastic :) :) :)

We walked round to my Mum's house today and back again, normally just a 2 minute walk but he walked the whole way, holding my hand and I only had to lift him when we got to our house again as he gets a bit nervous about the steps! He didn't take any unaided steps today but he keeps doing this thing where he gets up on one knee in the middle of the floor, like he's trying to stand up with nothing around him to hold onto!

Yey! Fabulous progress! Grace is doing a little more standing (holding on to furniture) every day... we're getting there... if slowly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->