The **1+ and still not walking** thread

weve cracked the walking hes taking up to 20 steps and walking across the living room. so proud hes 17.5 months . x

Brilliant! 3 cheers for all you new walkers, nearly there walkers and crawlers!

Isaac was a few days shy of 15 months beore he properly walked..let me tell you, he's more than making up for taking his time as since then, just 6 weeks later, he is all OVER the place! He doesn't even walk anymore, it's all about running lol

Nicola xx

Having a real down day today about Maisy not walking i am feeling like a totally crap mum, i know i shouldn't let it get to me but people are so negative about it i feel like i am doing something wrong:cry:

Big hugs I know how you feel xxxxx

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ladies aidens been "toddling" when he chooses for 2 months but the last week hes been walking everywhere im so relived :) xxxx

yay aiden! Will he go in his buggy now though? I found Ruby to be the worst about the buggy just after she started walking!

Not walking or even crawling here! LO just wants to stand all the time now but she has no balance and needs to hold our hands. She's never shown any sign of crawling so I can't see that happening now!

Rebecca is now choosing to walk whenever she can! She's still wobbly and if she falls over she tends to crawl the rest of the way but walking is definitely her preferred way now.

At daycare this week (first week back after the summer) she walked across the room to her key worker who said "wow, Rebecca. You're walking!" I take that as official - my little girl has finally cracked it :happydance:

Hi ladies, my little man is 3 days shy of 15 months old and he too isnt walking. He will cruise round the furniture and walk with his push long walker, he climbs up the stairs/furniture and gets back down again he is also speed crawls (especially if a door opens - he is like a rocket) . He didn't start crawling until a week before his first birthday, he has always been slow with his mobility, but I am coming to the point where i am sick to death of people saying 'isnt he walking yet' i feel like a terrible mum! :(

yay aiden! Will he go in his buggy now though? I found Ruby to be the worst about the buggy just after she started walking!

He still hates it claire :( he was ok on holiday but now we're back... does seem worse i have to say!!!! i may invest in raines soon lol xx

Hey girls,

Moo started crawling at about 10.5 months, but no sign of walking yet. She will walk with her hands held, but not on her own. She has just started crusing though so progress is being made! -x-

Hi ladies, my little man is 3 days shy of 15 months old and he too isnt walking. He will cruise round the furniture and walk with his push long walker, he climbs up the stairs/furniture and gets back down again he is also speed crawls (especially if a door opens - he is like a rocket) . He didn't start crawling until a week before his first birthday, he has always been slow with his mobility, but I am coming to the point where i am sicnterk to death of people saying 'isnt he walking yet' i feel like a terrible mum! :(
oot
Honestly i could of written this 3 weeks ago i was sick to death of people asking that actually bothered me more than him not walking!!! aiden just suddenly became interested - i did notice he prefers barefoot and on floors / tiles - prob sticks to his feet - they will do it when ready nothing we do the usher it xxxx

19months 3weeks and 6days and OMFG I HAVE AWALKER!!!!!

Fynn was taking about two unaided steps Tuesday and all of a sudden something clicked he walked round the shops today for thirty mins holding ohs hand!!!!! madness!!!! so ladies keep the faith!!!!!

I am still in though Sam is months off lol xxx

Fantastic news! Well done Fynn :happydance:

16 months and 8 days and Megan has took 5 steps today!!!! Yyyyyyaaayyyyyyy Xx

yay well done Fynn this is the news we want to hear, hope for us all:thumbup:

Well done Fynn!
Harrison seems to of taken a step backwards so to speak, he doesnt even like walking holding on to my hand any more :( he would rather just crawl.
Im sick of people asking "is he walking yet?" And then looking really shocked or having a look of 'why the fuck not?' Its really starting to upset me :( he is 16months in a few days and hes doing nothing more than he was when he was 9months when he started crusing.

Well done Fynn!
Harrison seems to of taken a step backwards so to speak, he doesnt even like walking holding on to my hand any more :( he would rather just crawl.
Im sick of people asking "is he walking yet?" And then looking really shocked or having a look of 'why the fuck not?' Its really starting to upset me :( he is 16months in a few days and hes doing nothing more than he was when he was 9months when he started crusing.

Seriously please don't feel bad Fynn was the same he took a few steps at 18months but had no interest in walking at all. I know what you mean I have two non walkers (or is it had lol) and the pressure is really hard to cope with.

When I felt really down I called my mum in tears about it and she told me they are happy healthy and secure and they trust you thy is the kind of thing that they will need throughout their lives and far more important than pushing them to walk early

Oh and also I learned that babies walk later now since the 'back to sleep' SIDs campaign started as their trunk muscles don't develop as fast sleeping on their backs.

Just you wait it will come xxxx

Kelana isn't really going anywhere still...13 months, which isn't 'old' of course, just that she doesn't seem interested and thinking and HOPING that she will by Christmas so she can wear a pretty dress as she toddles around.......

Well done Fynn!

Seriously please don't feel bad Fynn was the same he took a few steps at 18months but had no interest in walking at all. I know what you mean I have two non walkers (or is it had lol) and the pressure is really hard to cope with.

When I felt really down I called my mum in tears about it and she told me they are happy healthy and secure and they trust you thy is the kind of thing that they will need throughout their lives and far more important than pushing them to walk early

Oh and also I learned that babies walk later now since the 'back to sleep' SIDs campaign started as their trunk muscles don't develop as fast sleeping on their backs.

Just you wait it will come xxxx

Harrison has always slept on his tummy due to his reflux

:dohh::dohh::dohh::dohh: :haha:

But thanks, you have made me feel better xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member