The **1+ and still not walking** thread

Jaymee was 17 months before she walked . I wasnt really too concerned

Ellie's still not walking and I'm letting it bother me now although I know I shouldn't. She went through a stage of loving walking holding our hands, even one handed. She even took 6 independent steps. But now, if we go to stand her up she cries and comes back down to her knees. She absolutely refuses to do it!

She was early for everything else which is why it's bothering me so much:

3 months: rolling
6 months: commando crawling
7 months: crawling and cruising
8 months: sitting

:nope:

We may not need that appointment after all, with lots of encouragement Eloise has been taking steps between me and hubby and has been standing unaided for short periods of time, on Thursday evening she did 4 steps, yesterday 11 steps so is improving. At the beginning of the week she wouldn't take one on her own so I am so happy :)

Ollie was walking between me and DH last night too!! It was sort of 5 steps at a time and he did it about 10 ish times...

Ollie was walking between me and DH last night too!! It was sort of 5 steps at a time and he did it about 10 ish times...

:happydance: This is what Eloise is doing. Today she has been standing for much longer too :thumbup:

Nate can join this club now, yayyy??? hah. He's 1 year, 2 days old and a speed crawler and cruiser but doesn't seem interested in walking. He just REALLY likes crawling I think.

:happydance: This is what Eloise is doing. Today she has been standing for much longer too :thumbup:

Go Eloise!! (I love that name, I have a neice called Eloise!)

YAY! We've had 7 steps, then 9, then 7 again today!! WOOP...Looks like we'll have a full blown walker on our hands before the month is out, I think! Hopefully before he turns 18 months (9 days time) :happydance:

Go Eloise!! (I love that name, I have a neice called Eloise!)

YAY! We've had 7 steps, then 9, then 7 again today!! WOOP...Looks like we'll have a full blown walker on our hands before the month is out, I think! Hopefully before he turns 18 months (9 days time) :happydance:

Thank you :flower:

Eloise has been walking around the room with no encouragement. I am so happy. She does have a fall every now and then but it is not putting her off doing it again thankfully.

Yey well done Ollie. He will be walking in no time now :happydance:

I hope it'll be soon! I just can't wait to see him do it completely on his own!

I wouldn't worry too much ladies. Jacob is 21 months (tomorrow) and still not walking unaided. Up until 18.5 months he couldn't even stand or even weight bear. He reached all his milestones early apart from crawling which he did 2 days before his birthday, then he proceeded to knee walk at an astonishing speed - have you ever tried to knee walk? Ouch ouch ouch lol
Anyway, he was referred for physio which really helped him after just 1 session we worked with him all day every day and got him pulling up to stand at the sofa or a table, then about a month and a half ago with more physio we got him cruising, now he will walk holding two hands, if we try one handed he is really really wobbly but he is getting more and more confident so I'm hoping any day now. His was physical though, but not so serious that it couldn't be worked at. He has a break from physio now until August and he's back with the consultant in October after he turns 2, the Doc and physio are no longer worried and have assured me he will be fine. He does walk with his toes turned and rolls onto the side of the foot which is something to do with the position of the legs in the womb which usually corrects itself by around 8-10 months but in Jacob's case it didn't. The Doc said that it will get worse as he starts to walk more but will eventually correct itself so fingers crossed!

Sounds like Jacob is doing really well! That's great. I used to roll onto the side of my foot when I walked, as a child. I would have to wear 'proper' shoes all the time, not soft shoes. The problem went away eventually though, I was carted round various Drs about it but none did anything about it.

Sounds like Jacob is doing really well! That's great. I used to roll onto the side of my foot when I walked, as a child. I would have to wear 'proper' shoes all the time, not soft shoes. The problem went away eventually though, I was carted round various Drs about it but none did anything about it.

That's good to hear that the problem went away on it's own for you :) Jacob has had to wear proper shoes from when we first went to see the Doc - the girl in Clarks was a bit wary and tried to sell us cruisers but the Doc said no, he actually advised boots but given the time of year, there weren't really any boots in stock and I didn't want to melt his wee feet with the heat. I'd love to put little open toes sandals on him when it's hot but not much point wasting the money this year.

New here - definately belong in this thread. My little girl is almost 14 months and not walking independantly.

She can cruise around the furniture (only started in the last two weeks) and with her walker, or my hands.

She just has no balance! When she walks with my hands shes all wobbly (reminds me of a drunk :p haha).

She wont stand by herself either.

She was a late crawler too - 10 months commando crawling, 12 months proper crawling

Ellie's been making progress over the weekend. We've found putting her cruisers on really gives her confidence, and now she's associating shoes with walking!

We have a stander!

Evie will stand for about 30 seconds!!

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/SK1PP3R_01/af71d08f.jpg

we still have no progress he wont even walk holding hands or with a walker if i try and stand him on his feet he just sits he only stands holding furniture if he wants to

the doctor said to bring him in just so he can check his hips as he sits and pulls hes feet behind his head hes really loose. so off we go to the doctors this week x

gOOD LUCK sOPHXXX - we are off to the HV friday too - boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo am really nervous and did far too much googling last night and convinced myself they are both suffering from something!!!!!! I was waggling Sams hips about today to see if they feel different to Fynns lol (fynn cruises sam doesnt) but as he was breech Sam already has had a hip scan AARRGGGHHHH

Good luck both soph and Vicky :hugs:

Let is know how you get on.

P.s- Vicky DO NOT GOOGLE! I've worried myself sick so many times doing that :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->