The **1+ and still not walking** thread

Good luck Soph and Vikcy!

My little man belongs here - he is 13 months and not standing or walking independently. But then he hasn't done anything in the right order or when he is "meant to" so who know with him?? :haha:
Learnt to commando crawl at 5 months, didn't learn to sit up until 10 months! Then learnt to crawl properly the month after. Has been standing and cruising confidently for 2 months now, but hasn't yet stood up on his own or taken any steps. :shrug:

Hi CJane :flower:

Evie will only stand if I stand her up lol

She will let go of the sofa for a few seconds buy stands longer if I just plonk her on her feet.

I've been moving away to see if she will walk to me, even a few steps but no. She either crawls or just leans and I catch her

Well ladies, finally at 16 months and one week we have a walker :dance: It's like a light bulb went on and she was hey.. this things at the bottom of my body take me places:rofl:

:haha: same here! It just happened today early evening and she then wouldn't stop!

This is earlier today! She kept doing that until she went to bed! :haha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1n0dDB_QYE

^^^Awww what a cutie!! She's doing such a good job!!!

Ciara just started walking yesterday and she is 14.5 months. It started with acouple steps on her own and then after that she wouldn't stop walking!! hahaha

Congrats!!!!! 17.5 months here and still no standing! Next hospital appointment on 21st of this month... I hope they suggest some physio or something for her...

My LO is just over 13 months, in the last 2 weeks she's only just learnt how to sit from lying down, how to crawl and how to pull herself up to standing.

This last 2 weeks has been mad! :)

She's able to walk holding hands and loves it but has no balance. She's still not cruising yet.

BethK Evie can't sit up from lying down an really tries so hard bless her.

More progress today!! Walking holding 1 hand :dance: only 4 or 5 steps but it's still progress

We have at least 2/3 steps every couple of hours now!! The most we've had at once is 9!! So...I am still waiting for him to do the whole way across the living room lol!

**EDIT**

just had 5 steps!

i belonged here till last week lol. my little girl woke up one morning out the blue and started walking like a pro. she was verry steady on her feet walking around the sofas but would never let go then one morning we woke up she just walked off around the living room like she had done it for months lol.

and now only 1 week on u would think shes been walking ages she avoids toys in her way walks around things walks sidewards to get through things u would never think in a million years shes only been walking less than a week lol

Yey for all the new walkers.

Eloise is getting better, she can do it but still prefers to crawl so we try our best to encourage her to walk instead. This morning she walked straight up to my friend which which was lovely to see but after then she wanted to crawl everywhere! xx

Miss_Bump Evie is adorable! :)
Good luck Sophxx and Vicky
Lots of new walkers then I see - Yay :) :)
Still nothing here, he just walks holding our hands but wont let go and wont walk holding one hand, it has to be two. I'm getting a bit worried he wont be walking by his 2nd birthday now :(

18 months today and still no walking :dohh:

She'll walk with holding to my finger nail but as soon as I let go she crawls. She cruises around the furniture like a demon and climbs everywhere but when it comes to walking - zippety zip!

I'll give my paediatrician a ring next week to see what he thinks. I did mention it when I last saw him (at 17 months) but he could see her cruising so wasn't concerned. She didn't crawl until nearly 13 months so I suppose I'll just have to be patient!

Sorry ladies, I'm out! Is now able to walk a good 6-8 feet, started a few days ago, on his 13 month birthday. Def. a lot earlier than I thought

WW1: My OH started walking at 19 months which is why my MIL was always on our cases about trying to get him to walk. She kept thinking something was wrong esp as he was such a small baby/slow gainer. Physically, he's now a police officer who competes in powerlifting at 240lbs :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Some just seem to take their time!!

Bobby has started walking around the couch unsupported, so I think we are getting closer :D

I concur what Miss Bump said, Yay to all the new walkers!

Isaac did some amazing walking yesterday....everywhere he went in our home, he walked to! He walked to pick up a bottle lid, bent down and picked it up, stood up and walked back to me!

We now have a proper little walker, LOVE it!

He is 14.5 months....he beat his Daddy to walking by 2 weeks :p

Nicola xx

well we have been refered for a peadeatric assessment - the apointment will take up to four months - I am not worried for Fynn he is into everything climbs cruises and all sorts but Sam - I am in bits and doing far too much googling and have convinced myself he has something awful *sigh*

Hi ladies,

I just stumbled across this post and I remember the stress. Evie was almost 17 months before she started to walk. I was really starting to worry as all her friends were walking.

I thought she would be late because my husband walked around 14 months (doesn't seem so late now though!), but I got nervous after that. Still, hubby is fantastically fit and runs marathons, so I guess lateness had nothing to do with long term.

Evie is a very cautious baby by nature and so took her time to walk. When she did she was much steadier on her feet than many other though, which made things easier for me. Very few bumps and scrapes. She is still cautious with many things compared to others, but I guess it means she is not accident prone. We have two enormous sets of stairs in our house with a slight curve at the top of each. Evie turns herself around and crawls down them easily (and safely) every time. Most of her friends are trying to walk down, but gee it is scary as they need to be caught as they fall over all the time. I think the nature of the child also pays a big part. She is just very aware of danger that other kids aren't. Also with my little "captive" audience, she was read and sung to a lot. She can sing many nursery rhymes in full or close to and counts and talks well for her age. So there was a silver lining for us.

So, I just wanted to say to everyone, try not to worry too much about your little ones. Walking is such a big "comparison" milestone, but once they get through that it will be something else. Vicky, I hope Sam's assessment goes well for you. I know it is hard not to worry, but both of your boys look like they could light up any room with their happy smiles. They are gorgeous and perfect!

Well done to all the new walkers.

Eloise has lost interest in walking, she will do it if we hold her hand but she knows she can get around much quicker crawling. I know she can do it as she started so I am hoping it will come again in time soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->